Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I have to drop this game due to due to dramatically changed life circumstances. Sorry, men.

Feel free to replace me with a sub or switch Zimabwe to AI.

Zzz

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I can sub for Grimwulf, if people would like. I have no idea what's been happening in this game, but figure I can just yolo it. Pls PM me diplo details, if any.
I'm afraid I won't be able to live up to his RPing, though.

hmm, taking a look at the score graphs, it looks like he only has two provinces. Guess I won't be around for long, then...

Zzz

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow, things are looking dire in the Wasteland. I don't know quite what to do, it would help if I knew what pretender I had...
Well, there aren't that many units. I'll send in my turn and see what happens.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Skeletor.jpg

Still got 15 death gems up for 1-1 earth gems as a trade. Your enemies got some of that good shit deal, now it's YOUR turn! Don't miss out and then be stomped by your neighbors banes!!

What do I need earth gems for? Don't worry bout it.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Well folks, I got domkilled. I guess I just wasn't persuasive enough. This was a nice and fun experience, I actually wanted to see how this game would go on.

I made the mistake of taking dom6 on my Pretender, not realizing that there were going to be 3 enemy capitols within 1 province of mine; I guess my faithful just got overwhelmed by alternative options.

At least I took down Muty with me! He really had no way to defend against an early attack by my glamored sacreds with the nation he had (they are basically invulnerable to normal troops), just as I really had no way of defending against the early attack by Man's fire-lizard knights with their fire AoE attack (20 AP damage!). For the next game in this style, perhaps a little more land would be better and perhaps a bit more balancing of nations (or just using human nations from vanilla or something). As it is, it's too easy to get into situations where you just can't get the tech to defend against normal national troops/sacreds of certain nations. I'm not talking about my domkill though, that was purely my fault :) And the game is fine as it is, it's supposed to be a cutthroat brawl, just making a (hopefully) constructive suggestion for the future.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone, and thanks for the game!

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Submitted my turn and everything's fine. However, I won't be back to my PC until late Monday, so if the turn resolves quickly as usual, maybe I could bother someone to extend NEXT turn until Tuesday... please? Thanks!

(Yes, a shameless copy&paste of my message in Decline13. Grim did it. So I can too)

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Well, I'm mostly dead. Hated my nation and the fuckin' expensive sacreds 'til the end. But I'm learning SO MUCH. At this rate, when the apocalypse comes, I'll be almost competent. Imagine playing Dom4 with your fellow Vault Dwellers! You can, in time, propose it as an alternative to real world history. Then when your descendants leave the vault, they'll be an interesting bunch...

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well, I'm mostly dead.

Reply to the following questions:

1) Are you sieged

2) Are you being invaded

3) Did you choose a D3Misf3Drain3 Dominion

To property evaluate your "deadness" (?) status.

Then when your descendants leave the vault, they'll be an interesting bunch...

Almost as skilled as your random Ukrainian\Russkie player, and this just after a century or two of Bene-Gesserit level genetic planning, I bet.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Do not answer this question. It's a trap! Not for you though, but still. You have every right to fade into oblivion insensibly and preserve your dignity.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I may be a bit confused right now but returning to the wasteland seems like a good chice. I'm in!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
This game is a little more boring and slow without sacred flying mechanoids terrorizing everybody. Who's controlling that massive undead steak that's just sitting there?

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Howdy neighbors! Whatchya doing on my border looking all menacing and threatening like?
:mob:
Oh yeah, hey there neighbours. If it indeed is something menacing, now's the time to do it. Mr. Shivers' flying freaks are away from home, sieging my castles.

Sush you and die already scum.

Flying being the key word! We can go splitsies. Comrades are always willing to share!

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I staled on second turn of invasion :hahano:

The awkward moment when sqeecoo agrees to be my disciple for the rest of the game, we create an intricate deceitful plan to conquer the wastes and then he dies before I save him :roll:

Dreaad I got 29 earth gems to trade you, have you still got many death gems?

I will also trade earth for water, but I want a sweetener (magic item or extra gems), or you can roll me a smoke and make me a coffee with sweetened condensed milk when I get back from my flight - the choice is yours, choose your own destiny
:smug:

Caul Shivers - you're very menacing you see, I like how you have undead raising commanders that aren't undead themselves, question - what actually leads the undead? :|

You seem to have just thrown away about 1/3 of your undead chaff to protect your capital... you do not value your soldiers life bodies?
:outrage:

Also - unfortunately I am embarking on a 40-ish hour flight starting tomorrow, I really need an extension - 72 hours please, I will try to submit it before that time, if I can manage to find internet on my way, but my laptop battery might go flat, might not be able to find decent internet and who knows, the game is getting spicy so staling next two turns would be gg

Before anyone says 'use airport internet, i'll tell yall a story. Last times I went through Singapore airport the wifi was all good, connect and off you go. This time it just wouldnt work, they want me to give them a phone number to send a code to, my phone doesn't receive the sms code - the only easy internet they had was these shitty Windows95 looking computers with 30 minute access and no usb ports
:negative:

Then when I was in Turkey, I had to pay like 30$ or something for an hour of internet which is extortionate and the guy who was selling the tickets was asleep the first time I came to buy it, I even poked his head and he still didn't wake up - I came back later when he was awake and then he made me wait while he went to take a shit before he gave me internet access.
24540266.jpg

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I staled on second turn of invasion :hahano:

The awkward moment when sqeecoo agrees to be my disciple for the rest of the game, we create an intricate deceitful plan to conquer the wastes and then he dies before I save him :roll:

Dreaad I got 29 earth gems to trade you, have you still got many death gems?

I will also trade earth for water, but I want a sweetener (magic item or extra gems), or you can roll me a smoke and make me a coffee with sweetened condensed milk when I get back from my flight - the choice is yours, choose your own destiny
:smug:

Caul Shivers - you're very menacing you see, I like how you have undead raising commanders that aren't undead themselves, question - what actually leads the undead? :|

You seem to have just thrown away about 1/3 of your undead chaff to protect your capital... you do not value your soldiers life bodies?
:outrage:

Also - unfortunately I am embarking on a 40-ish hour flight starting tomorrow, I really need an extension - 72 hours please, I will try to submit it before that time, if I can manage to find internet on my way, but my laptop battery might go flat, might not be able to find decent internet and who knows, the game is getting spicy so staling next two turns would be gg

Before anyone says 'use airport internet, i'll tell yall a story. Last times I went through Singapore airport the wifi was all good, connect and off you go. This time it just wouldnt work, they want me to give them a phone number to send a code to, my phone doesn't receive the sms code - the only easy internet they had was these shitty Windows95 looking computers with 30 minute access and no usb ports
:negative:

Then when I was in Turkey, I had to pay like 30$ or something for an hour of internet which is extortionate and the guy who was selling the tickets was asleep the first time I came to buy it, I even poked his head and he still didn't wake up - I came back later when he was awake and then he made me wait while he went to take a shit before he gave me internet access.
24540266.jpg
18 stales and I"m still alive :lol:. That's what happens when your nation is well organized. The bats know they have to ride the rats, the rats know they must be ridden. Everyone understands their job and all is well. I assume I have those gems yeah.

18 stales and I"m still alive :lol:. That's what happens when your nation is well organized. The bats know they have to ride the rats, the rats know they must be ridden. Everyone understands their job and all is well. I assume I have those gems yeah.
Were you Xoco? If so, you probably should check the turn file before doing too much diplomacy and trading.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom