Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 15: Underwater Friends

• EA UW, I want Therodos to suffer

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • MA UW, Rise of the Bats

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • LA UW, Why are you doing this

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
Welcome, bunch of heretics and assorted sexual deviants. My Jewish Masters compel me to start new shitty gimmicky games for his amusement between drug deals and plans of world domination.

DECLINE 15: UNDERWATER FRIENDS

hatchetfish.jpg

Between the time when the oceans begat Atlantis, and the rise of the sons of Void, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Pretenders appeared, destined to wear the jeweled crown of the Pantokrator upon a troubled brow. It is I, their chronicler, who alone can tell thee of their saga. Let me tell you of the days of high microing!

Exactly as it sounds. We'll find a good UW map (there should be one around, I'll need to check Dom3mods or the Desura archives, I swear I saw one) or get a random generated one that I'll fix. We won't need many players.

Divine Rules:

- Only UW or UW focused nations. I am debating between myself if MA Xibalba counts as UW or not. In any case, the bats won't have space for aboveland expansion.

- Thrones will be aboveland. On small isles. Aboveland isles will be max 2-3 provinces or even less. I'll try to get a good ration of Thrones, but that can be debated.

- Standard game setting. Standard research, gemsites. Standard indie strength, UW indies are already as good as they go.

First of all, VOTE!

EA UW: Atlantis, Starspawns, Pelagia, Oceania, Therodos (hard mode)

MA UW: Atlantis, Starspawns, Pelagia, Oceania, Ys, Xibalba (????)

LA UW: Atlantis, Starspawns, Mictlan, Jomon

Methinks MA is the best pick. Nations will be randomly assigned (ladder or complete random? We can discuss that also!).

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
If you consider MA Xib, you might as well add Agartha (or Ermor).

This is going to be so weird I can't miss it.

Dayyālu

Arcane
No love for cthulluh? Or why is R'lyeh not listed?

I can't type R'lyeh without checking. I call 'em Starspawns.

I know. I can't simply type them without checking. I can't even pronounce Lovecraftian stuff in RL.

If you consider MA Xib, you might as well add Agartha (or Ermor).

EA Agartha or MA Agartha could be in, Ermor is out. It won't simply be fun to play Ermor UW, trust me.

Eadee

Scholar
I messed around with the map editor lately. So if we can't find something suitable I can try to create something cool and wet.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
ofc I'm in - I'm the one who demanded this game take place! What you think I will spam you with messages just so I can read a few half ass battle reports?

However I was thinking we could do random nations, does anyone know if there's a way to make random nations UW.... or if it ever generates nations that are UW.... if this is the case i might use my greater autism invocation to find 10-12 randomly generated UW nations.... another hack we can do is move the nations from EA and LA to MA....

I just kinda feel like 6 players might not be enough... ?

If we do stick with random nations, hat-draws is the fairest method of assigning nations, as long as I get something way more overpowered than Dayyālu :smug:

On a serious note, thanks Dayyālu for putting in the effort to creating another sweet game, you're the real MVP :salute:

I hope the map you pick is wet like these two bitches
swimsuit-cameltoe-2.jpg

Last edited:

Eadee

Scholar
Well, I think moving LA and EA nations to MA would be awesome. I'd really like to pick a nation, but I will deal with random nations if necessary.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well, I think moving LA and EA nations to MA would be awesome. I'd really like to pick a nation, but I will deal with random nations if necessary.

We're kinda like on 7 or 8 players by now

On the positive I got sick so I can plan about this game in my bed barfing blood instead of trucking around

That or playing Valkyria Chronicles (don't judge, it's a cool TB game with cancer theme)

Getting a ALL-UW mod can be done, I guess, as a NationGen thing.

EDIT

I hope the map you pick is wet like these two bitches

They look distressingly young for my tastes

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Nation gen would be ideal, but if infeasible we should stick to la + ea merged into ma, that way we dont get op magic sites and it still has that wasteland feeel - with weird shit like everyone spams elementals.

but we would get a guaranteed number of factions and as restricted in number of players if we merge the ages- lets be honest everyone wants to try the buffed EA squid people

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Out there, beyond the waves - there be Russian election hackers in submarines

Dayyālu

Arcane
So, it's not possible to create UW Nationgen nations, or I'm too far gone to do it

If someone wants to do a "ALL-UW nations mod", go wild, I'm trying but I can't be bothered to learn

I simply can't

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm glad, Nationgen can create pretty OP nations. The vanilla ones are quite nice! I'm fine with any era, but come on, Aboleths? Who can say no to aboleths?

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Ill make the mod tomorrow, think you just add new nations to MA but use the copy command on the LA and EA nations

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Should be like 20-30 lines for the whole mod.

Dont get your hopes up sqeecoo About the aboleths. You lack the mental capacity to fully utilize the power of the star spawns and besides they would prefer to have a guy with a cthulhu tattoo like myself as their pantokrator.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hey, MA Pelagia shits on all other uw nations. Just FYI its not fair, not even close.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom