Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 2, We Require More Rains of Stones

Dayyālu

Arcane
Wait, I just realized that sqeecoo is on some sort of vacation til the end of the month. Let's extend the game by week.

YES COMRADE COMMISSAR I OBEY COMRADE COMMISSAR :salute::salute::salute::salute:

This game will haunt me through three countries and two jobs. So many happy memories!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Still can't put my shit together. Gimme 24h more, pls. I can play smaller pbems no prob, but D2 and D8 are out of my reach. My condition should get better by tommorow, he promised.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Still can't put my shit together. Gimme 24h more, pls. I can play smaller pbems no prob, but D2 and D8 are out of my reach. My condition should get better by tommorow, he promised.

John the Revelator and his accursed discovery of Battletech SP stuff demolished also my will to make a D2 turn. Goddamn if playing as the Clans is hard

24 extra hours is, then!

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I believe in you!
Batsignal2.jpg

Johannes

Arcane
Take another lucky guess.
You're taking the time to domkill everyone, sure, but why take the time? It's 25 turns since I'm out and you already had a decisive advantage at that time to easily win with. You've got 100's-strong armies sieging pointless TNN forts (that you could p. easily take) by the looks of it and everyone's tired of the game, why? Its not like Xibalba can't properly project force.

Unless you'all are really enjoying this (doesn't seem like it) I suggest that you guys just end it - by winning if you're Grimwulf or conceding if you're not.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You're taking the time to domkill everyone, sure, but why take the time?

Actually, I only aimed to domkill TNN. The others would take too long, and TNN has one last fort with native dom left. Any turn now.

. You've got 100's-strong armies sieging pointless TNN forts (that you could p. easily take)

I would take them if I could. TNN destroys any army with Fog Warriors + several RoS at turn one, before you get a chance to do anything. Tried to take them over with SC/thugs - no luck. Basically, he has a ton of mages inside forts scripted to deal with all kinds of threats, but unable to go out and fight. Once they lose 1st turn advantage, they lose their lives.

TNN fots are not pointless. He conquered several 2-point Thrones from Arcos back in the times when me and you were at war; and then he inherited Thrones from Lizzurd's Marverni. He could win at some point, but failed to grab one last Throne (my 3-point cave Throne).

I have reasons, but not my secret to tell.

Unless you'all are really enjoying this (doesn't seem like it) I suggest that you guys just end it - by winning if you're Grimwulf or conceding if you're not.

Yes. Guys. Just end this suffering and let's move on with our lives already. Clearly Xibalba is the most charismatic of the survivors, no?

Johannes

Arcane
I would take them if I could. TNN destroys any army with Fog Warriors + several RoS at turn one, before you get a chance to do anything.
Pretty simple, just trigger gem use on those again and again and he runs out of gems to do it quite fast. Even without that putting together an army of armored casters and suitable troops (like your scorpion summons) for faster action is quite simple with your resources.

If you really find yourself struggling at this point you should be ashamed of your skillz, look at those graphs, you've had this one in the bag for ages

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
TNN still has gemgen globals up and running + basically sponsor-nation Marverni, until it got pwnd. Triggering gemcosts wouldn't get me very far. Yes, I could compose some smart-ass army to actually go in and pwn his forts, but it's not like I'm fighting TNN 1 vs 1. I needed actual forces elsewhere. By the time I endured the gangbang, Marverni switched to AI and TNN has one province left to domkill. So why should I bother?

I'm not struggling. I'm just not going ahead of myself.

Johannes

Arcane
I wasn't really talking about what to do now, but that playing a tad better you coulda won this easily enough a good while ago, ofc sitting on your ass won't make your lead go away much either.

Do you need extra hours? I feared that I would fail to upload, so I gave two extra hours.

But I managed to do everything so I set-up the clock again on the stock time.

If you need time, no prob.

I got it in now, but moving the clock back and forth is a sure way to get some stales from me eventually. ("Hmm... when was that turn due again? Let's check it. Oh.. I still have 3 hours, I'll do the turn in two hours then." *timer is moved two hours earlier*)

Dayyālu

Arcane
This is what happens when the patch and the hotfix interact weirdly, I presume.

I got it in now, but moving the clock back and forth is a sure way to get some stales from me eventually. ("Hmm... when was that turn due again? Let's check it. Oh.. I still have 3 hours, I'll do the turn in two hours then." *timer is moved two hours earlier*)

Got it. I'll avoid it in the future.

That said, what we do?

ROLLBACK OR WE ACCEPT THE STALE?

Edit2: I can't even see the game page. What the heck happened?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Wow the game died. Cool. You get what you deserve Grimwulf should have ended it.

I vote let the dead stay dead.

Dead nations do not have votes, as far as I am concerned.

sqeecoo

Grimwulf

Joined on the 4th of July

Your decision? We roll back? We let it die? I get the turns and host the game by myself, old-style?

Edit:

llamabeast said:
Hi!

I just checked, and it seems the game crashed with this error:

"monster 4152 has an illegal shape"

Since the monster number is higher than any monster in the base game, I guess it's an error in a mod.

If you're able to track down the error and maybe produce a fixed version of the mod then I'd be happy to re-start the game. :)

Cheers,

llama

I wait for opinions and instructions.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Hurrrr, I think it's dead. The new patch made Balams unique creatures. Well, I didn't fucking expect that when I summoned them on a large scale.

I vote for a roll back. If it does't work, then fuck it.

Grimwulf should have ended it.

The best I could do is end it next turn (turn 97). Even with all your fancy +H artifacts, I didn't have enough H3 to claim Thrones that fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom