Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 23: NATIONGEN Edition

What era

• EA

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • MA

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • LA

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
DECLINE 23: TOXIC NATIONGEN EDITION

Somewhere, in another universe... the gods have created a grand tournament, the winner gets to join the pantheon of gods... but to win they must lead their nation of miscreants and mutants to defeat the others.

We have bear-riding-crocodiles, men who can fly - but choose to ride dwarves instead, turtle people with dog heads, giant gorillas who ride lizards and MORE!!!

STEP right up STEP RIGHT UP... as we gather our contestants, the gods cheer and hurl magic gems at their favorite competitor - who WILL WIN?!

DSCF2866.jpg

D0ominions NationGen DUMPSTER DIVE !!!

incoherent gurgling and babbling noises - oh look, a sacred cigarette.

Who's up for nation-gen.

i'll generate 3 nations per player who signs up...

once we have 10+ players I'll generate....

Map decided by popular vote

Last edited:

Grif

Learned
Alright, why not. Another game just ended, and llama is apparently broke at the moment. :M

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I floated the idea of doing HOMM3 vs Warhammer. .. mondblut said lets do nation gen... i'm easy either way.

Grimwulf ... how could I forget you :P
:smug:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Here's the nations mod boys.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iFlMR0jj5EAFVVop90yns3H7WFx9dhiL

settings.

digrqoB.png

We will do the usual - try couple nations ... then we give people numbers and RNG to determine order of picks.

Non of the mods have water nations, but some have amphibious.. some nations are obviously broken weak - like one with ambidextrous sacreds... bot only 1 spear

lots of abysians.. not all sacreds are equal lol.. magic paths are quite diverse, lots of blood + whatever you want so anyone can easily get blood econ if they wanted

Last edited:

Grif

Learned
So since this is my first time, I'm just going to ask a couple of stupid questions:

1) We're allowed to pick any of these nations, right? Just gotta pick in order of RNG.
2) What's the AI setting for this? :M

Infinitum

Scholar
It opens up in mod inspector just fine. Let's see..

Holy fuck, this is metal! Abysian Winged Demon infantry wielding plate armor. Cavalry riding motherfucking fossilized giants. And that is from 30 seconds browsing the first nation.

EDIT: Who gets first pick? Because fuck me I want Zris, no other nation can compare to this shit. The Inferior Oathbinders. The high priests with no religious authority. Guys I think I'm in love. :lol:

EDIT AGAIN: That said Duskalnapia looks to be the strongest by far. Limited paths, but gets access to the Spenta lines of summons (and can cast them natively, so better than caelum) which gives them most everything but death and blood. Also has the super-strong Agarthan summons, and Onis for good measure. Mammoths for expanding. Ice Armor and native cold resist, so can tank all the temp scales in a game with plenty abysians and agarthans. Flying Air/Astral communions with native storm caster; lightning spam for days. But the best part? Cap only unit isn't sacred but pretty much comes with built in major bless anyhow, and everything important flies in storms with native access to the storm global.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Nationgen nations are almost always "broken as fuck". Nothing will ever beat the mechanical midgets of the first Wasteland game. Also NationGen loves blood for some inane reason.

Unstoppable flying mechanical midgets.

Fuuck.

I vote for the usual: player list, RNG, pick.

mondblut

Arcane
Fuck RNG, just gimme the most stupidly OP broken one. I'll settle with recruit anywhere cheap 3-4 attacks regenerating flying glamour secondshape somethings.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
will do.

Zris looks quite strong, but there's other nations who are pretty good as well. I picked like 10 nations I thought were respectable - all the nations get decent national spells

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
You should just play Matalarata - you know you want to...

Guys if you can't load the DM - just make it with identical settings...

everything vanilla except the settings shown - you should get same result

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
You should just play Matalarata - you know you want to...

Nope. I won't play any modded game untill the grand total of my Dominions experience is in the single digit. Decline 21 is my seventh mp game, as soon as I have 10 or so under my belt I'll give it a try.

I'm also terribly busy, really! Joining a game without being able to give it the full attention it deserves is an offense towards all the other players, in my humble opinion.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Holy fuck, this is metal! Abysian Winged Demon infantry wielding plate armor. Cavalry riding motherfucking fossilized giants. And that is from 30 seconds browsing the first nation.

EDIT: Who gets first pick? Because fuck me I want Zris, no other nation can compare to this shit. The Inferior Oathbinders. The high priests with no religious authority. Guys I think I'm in love. :lol:

I'm 100% sure someone will pick this, so try a few nations because you may not get your first pick depending on RNG

What, everyone gets access to all national spells now?

I think I like Comhich.

Ah yes, the ol' electric panther knights AYE

DXXywK1.png

They also get non-sacred bear and spider knights... and a wyvern riding spy :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom