Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 8: Lizzurd vs Grimwulf. HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS

Should Lizzurd and Grimwulf control Pretender nations, with Pretenders bearing their own names?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I am going to attack Grimwulf the next turn

in a case he will not escape.

bvuhtgypii.jpg

Lizzurd

Cipher
Exactly there are even less tiger riders. But, you know - they are brave in heart. There is no way they will escape. Well, i really want to fight you. Why don't you believe me?

Lizzurd

Cipher
It was very NAIVE to think that you are a honest opponent and will engage me in open warfare. Well, you could at least defend your position but not retreat away.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Battles are still small and not very exciting. Highlight of the turn - Linnormr of Vanheim reckless attack on PD 20!

mjfufeazgk.jpg

One does not simply attack mad lizzurds and get away unharmed.

glwqpwewke.jpg

I would suggest Vanheim to take better care of his Disciple in the future.

huovdgwipo.jpg

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Rolled the dice pretty well on those three afflictions! Didn't get Chest wound, diseased, crippled, mute, etc.....can dragons lose eyes? My grasp on the affliction system is admittedly lacking.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Rolled the dice pretty well on those three afflictions! Didn't get Chest wound, diseased, crippled, mute, etc.....can dragons lose eyes? My grasp on the affliction system is admittedly lacking.

Yes, dragons lose eyes too. The lucky dice was mostly thanks to Shaman that was present in PD. He casted Curse, and lizurds finished the job. One of the best PD types against SC.

Lizzurd

Cipher
Yes, dragons lose eyes too. The lucky dice was mostly thanks to Shaman that was present in PD. He casted Curse, and lizurds finished the job. One of the best PD types against SC.
I am afraid he meant that all his 3 afflictions are the most weak among all. Weakened? -4 str for a cool dragon? Pfff. Limp? -4 AP for a ranged unit? Lol. Never Healing Would? Well, it is good more or less.

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Oh yeah, for sure, dumb province to attack with single units, or small group of big units. I meant the dragon was lucky not to get anything worse than those three kind of weaker afflictions.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Those things look IMPRESSIVE on paper... You can conquer whole worlds during playtest (I sure did...) but sooner or later everyone pulls his own Stachanov!

...then again, never attack curse-happy shamans with a SC.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Grimwulf got pummeled these last 2 turns. The loser has lost 4 provinces this turn and regained 1.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
News from the land of eternal struggle!

1. Team Lizzurd finally achieved some success on one of the frontiers. Pythium took a hit from Vanheim, losing a small stack and two undefended provinces. Although my nation reclaimed a province too, it lost one of the armies during an attack on Linnormr.

mfronfvivz.jpg

Brave soldiers sacrificed their lives to buy time for the Theurgs. Who survived this massacre, thankfully.

yfnjplmziu.jpg

The army can be restored. The disciple with 4 afflctions, a curse and 30 Horror Marks (I mean it literally) - not so much.

ectwuuzdqt.jpg

Now there is no point in resurrecting him after he dies. Whatever plans you had for this overgrown lizzurd, they can no longer be achieved.

But I gotta admit, Ocean plays much better than I remember.

:negative:

2. Pangaea attacked 6 provinces of Grim Team. All attacks failed miserably, except for a single one (undefended cave). That was mildly entertaining. Don't give up!

3. Grim Team increases its domination of the central area.

aotsfvypyd.jpg

Monkeys on tigers are the last hope for this frontier. But how long can they hold the ground for Team Suicidal Raiders? Let's find out.

Zibniyat

Arcane
"3. Grim Team increases its domination of the central area." while their leader loses half of his capital-circle provinces. But all is good I guess. So good in fact, that you need to resort to "suicidal raiders"...

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Zibniyat

Arcane
My sincere apologies for making false claims. I did not really look at province names. No worries, it will be rectified in due time.

As for raiding parties against PD 1, what can I say? Harpies are shit, but they didn't cost much anyway, and this statistically important test has taught me well.

Lizzurd

Cipher
The first significant battle was hold! Fierce samurais and impudent goblins against consecrated tiger riders!

Report is coming.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The first significant battle was hold! Fierce samurais and impudent goblins against consecrated tiger riders!

Report is coming.

I think it's right for the winner to post reports. Not that Grim Team is upset by this loss - Shinuyama finally got rid of expansion leftover chaff, and their gold income is back again.

The truly significant battles were not fought yet.

Lizzurd

Cipher
Monkey army was stationed in this valley for a few months. Fighters have already lived through Winter and now it was Spring. Numerous rains eroded landscape a lot and sometimes it was even hard to keep the warcamp safe from rainwater streams.
Four months ago scouts noticed a large goblin army on the other side of vale. It became obvious that the battle should occur sooner or later. However for a long time both sides were hesitating to attack and were only reinforcing their positions.

However this couldn't continue for eternity and finally goblins attacked. Both armies gathered their squads and constructed formations.

Battle report:
Sacred army of Lizzurd.
EsnfvJW.png

Experienced army of panda
ria7S9Y.jpg

Let the battle begin!

Results:
jFgkZ.jpg

Zibniyat

Arcane
Also, the first throne has been claimed. By our team.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom