Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 8: Lizzurd vs Grimwulf. HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS

Should Lizzurd and Grimwulf control Pretender nations, with Pretenders bearing their own names?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Results:
jFgkZ.jpg

A gambit (from ancient Italian gambetto, meaning "to trip") is a chess opening in which a player, more often White, sacrifices material, usually a pawn, with the hope of achieving a resulting advantageous position.

Blinded by recent victory and having no doubts about Shinuyama being weak and helpless, the Lizzurd-worshipping tiger riders attacked Grimwuf's very Dignity.

LNk7RUy.jpg

They expected to face remnants of the dead army, some reinforcements perhaps. They didn't expect Tengus.

5qRcMea.jpg

We met them with a volley of arrows and balls of lightning. A beautiful sight to behold!

GXDVgw2.jpg

And then we sent Tengus into attack, like the glass cannons they are.

VJlRihq.jpg

F9E4 Tengus against N9E4 Tiger Riders. The tigers had a fair chance, of course.

r2KDXDF.jpg

If not for the actual army that Shinuyama brought along.

VNKnOh6.jpg

Having no chances to win, Tiger Riders retreated.

1Vw53pU.jpg

But they still have a formidable force that survived this fight.

Kh6dB3h.jpg

In l1berul vs l1berul battle that would be it. A regular fight, a regular defeat, no big deal. But here in Team Grimbutt, we dispise freedom of choices in favor of teamplay. A few provinces away, Caelum's raiding party was stationed, waiting for Lizzurd to make his move. And right when those tigers charged in, Caelum cut off their escape route.

nt7FUvy.jpg

It was naive of you to think that personal skill of your mates can save you, Lizzurd. The cooperation and a single strong Master Plan is all that matters in disciple games.

tyT3bch.jpg

You will endure this loss and learn from it.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Won't they simply escape into the fortress?

I've had a similar situation once and most of the enemy army safely fled into the fort. Maybe I misread that one.

And back to Decline2 oh my god that cancerous game will never end

Lizzurd

Cipher
Can you also add a map of your beautiful country - Pythium? It must have grown really strong, with such achievements in the warfare.
Bad thing it doesn't

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Won't they simply escape into the fortress?

No.
- Bandar Log's stack moved from Naivity to Dignity and lost a battle;
- Caelum's band moved from Neanderthal Cliff to Naivity and won the battle at the same turn;
- Bandar Log attempted to escape from Dignity back to Naivity, but Caelum was already there (retreat is proceeded after all battles in TRS);
- Having no other provinces to fall back to, B.Log's stacks vanished.

Can you also add a map of your beautiful country - Pythium?

Why don't you show it yourself? Anyway, your message describes the ineffectiveness of l!berul approach better than my words. You and your team thinks in "nation vs nation" categories. You think it's important that Midgard "wins" (that's a big stretch too) Pythium and that it actually matters in some ways. Of all people, Lizzurd, you should have known better. Did you forget Decline 5 already? Did you forget our Ulm? Arcoscephale? Shame on you.

But ok, since you insist on a full report. Apart from that battle, the following raiding happened:
- Team Grimwulf conquered 4 undefended provinces of Team Lizzurd (5, if we count Caelum's attack of Naivity). Team Grimwulf failed one raiding attack.
- Team Lizzurd conquered 5 undefended provinces of Team Grimfulf. Team Lizzurd failed 2 raiding attacks.

Lizzurd

Cipher
After the last turn i decided to change management in our team. Before i was leaving the most tasks on the players while giving only the overall strategy orders. However it resulted in a bad interactions between players and each nation was playing almost separately.
However now i want to guide my team in another way. Each player should write me reports about their situation each turn and i give much more orders then before. Each nation still has some liberty, but all important orders are made by me.
While Anhur(Pangaea) and Hoverdog(Sceleria) accepted this way, WaterPls(Vanheim) refused it and decided to leave. So now i have to search for a one new player. (his reply - "Either I am in full control of my nation or i don't play it")
1 - Nation, Vanheim, has a nice position. While its main lands are well defended, Vanheim is also invading Pythium(Grimwulf) and has a geat success. The current turn in game is 15.
2 - Each turn you will have write a report about the current turn. This includes army positions, research, some other information. This usually takes no more then 10 minutes.
3 - Depending on all reports i will give you orders. You can object them and propose your own plans. I will listen to them, but i will always have the last word.

So.. is anyone willing to sign in and buttfuck Grimwulf?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Minus one in Team Lizzurd! Another life wasted in the pursuit of glory and gold.

Congratulations on joining the Dark Side, though. Now the game can finally begin. Better late than never, eh?

Whoever subs for Vanheim, be advised: you will be pwnd.

I've always felt that disciple games should have some kind of mechanic that allowed disciples to rebel against their leader. Becoming pretenders themselves or swearing allegiance to another one.

mondblut

Arcane
Curiously, the guy who defied total obedience was the only one having any modicum of success. Speaks volumes :smug:

Lizzurd

Cipher
There was an interesting game in Desura, where players could form their own alliances and governments. Some players can at will declare themselves "kings", while others can swear their allegiance to them and become vassals. There was also an interesting thing with victory conditions but i don't remember how it was exactly.
As i remember one nation was vassal to a one great king with many vassals. However after some time it became known that he was traitor and was sending information to almost any other king in exchange for gems and money. There was a quite big flame about it.

Zibniyat

Arcane
So basically this game is Grimwulf and Lizzurd fighting each other while directly controlling 4 nations...... Why did you even bother dragging other people into this? Just have a 1v1 like men so you can't blame your team afterwards.

Got my instructions for this turn!:happytrollboy:

:negative:
:baka:
:butthurt:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
We had a chat with Malakal the other day, considering Tengus and their lightning attack. I guess it's a bit obscure, especially since Dominions 4 has misleading description of F9 bless

nmfzddzgtp.jpg

but in fact, F9 stacks with any missile weapon of sacred units, including Tengu's lghtning attack.

- Here you can see the burning trace:

bkwtlhmwoc.jpg

- Here you can see tiger on flame:

ojsyuccugh.jpg

The only exception I know of is MA Caelum's Blizzard Warriors. Their Frost Bows have "Not effected by fire bless" trait. Every other sacred unit with any type of missile attack (be it physical or magical damage) benefits from F9 bless.

Just decided to share this, in case somebody else is interested.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
We had a chat with Malakal the other day, considering Tengus and their lightning attack. I guess it's a bit obscure, especially since Dominions 4 has misleading description of F9 bless

nmfzddzgtp.jpg

but in fact, F9 stacks with any missile weapon of sacred units, including Tengu's lghtning attack.
Good stuff. What about Death Weapons? Also, is it still true that X Weapons Bless is a secondary weapon effect and thus doesn't proc on weapons that already have one?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Good stuff. What about Death Weapons?

D9 works in different ways, for the better or worse. It doesn't affect missile weapons at all, at least from my experience. When blessed D9 stuff throws javelins or some shit at ethereal units, you still get the "ethereal negated the damage" message in your combat log.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Good stuff. What about Death Weapons? Also, is it still true that X Weapons Bless is a secondary weapon effect and thus doesn't proc on weapons that already have one?

D9 and F9 cant work together at the same time. If F9 triggers D9 wont. You get two checks however for both blesses.

Lizzurd

Cipher
Also, is it still true that X Weapons Bless is a secondary weapon effect and thus doesn't proc on weapons that already have one?
Yes, it is a weapon effect. Dominions engine allows only one posssible weapon effect, so if you choose fire bless and give cold brand to your sacred commander - it will stop working after he will get blessed. Even artifact weapon will lose its effects after being blessed.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Lizzurd seems to have trouble finding sub for Vanheim. I hereby summon Mraston!

He is a bro, and played MA Vanheim in Decline 3. I saw him dominating the game throughout early, mid and partly lategame, until he was finally put down by a well-organized gangbang. He knows the drill, and proved himself to be a worthy opponent. Also, I believe he wouldn't mind getting a little payback after our wars in Decline 2.

He was one of the selected few who managed to survive the bat horde from hell.

But not the second time
:yeah:

Don't know if he wishes to play under leadership of some reptilian overlord, though.

Mraston

Learned
Lizzurd seems to have trouble finding sub for Vanheim. I hereby summon Mraston!

He is a bro, and played MA Vanheim in Decline 3. I saw him dominating the game throughout early, mid and partly lategame, until he was finally put down by a well-organized gangbang. He knows the drill, and proved himself to be a worthy opponent. Also, I believe he wouldn't mind getting a little payback after our wars in Decline 2.

He was one of the selected few who managed to survive the bat horde from hell.

But not the second time
:yeah:

Don't know if he wishes to play under leadership of some reptilian overlord, though.

Soz brah, got a bit too much on irl to commit to a leadership role. I'll happily be a peon though.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Soz brah, got a bit too much on irl to commit to a leadership role. I'll happily be a peon though.

That's what what I meant to say with my broken engrish. Lizzurd is the leader of Team Lizzurd, and you are invited to take a role of his doomed henchman. Your duty is to follow his orders and lose inevitably. Will you accept this challenge?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom