Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 8: Lizzurd vs Grimwulf. HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS

Should Lizzurd and Grimwulf control Pretender nations, with Pretenders bearing their own names?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mondblut

Arcane
Oookay, I guess I would take the final slot.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You should look at my team and give up right away, Lizzurd. I got some heavy cavalry by my side.

Okay, now we start group convos and do the draft. Your team has the first ban, reptile.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Lizzurd, you goddamn l1berul, what's taking you so long? See, that's what happens when you trust the leadership to the likes of you. First you vote on what to ban; then you vote on whether or not to consider previous voting to be legit; then you vote on who posts your decision in the thread; then another vote in case somebody wants to change his mind.

Experienced leaders don't need to endlessly ask for opinions. We kinda feel our team mates. Who needs long discussions when all of us think the same way?

liberals

Lizzurd

Cipher
And HERE IS THE FIRST BAN! Agartha is out!
31f8a0800ff3c3f26dcbb031ba787edd.jpg

Lizzurd

Cipher
I like dragons. They are so cute! And their scale is so fabulous! But do you know what? Some people are dare to fight with them and even kill those giant lizards! I ban the murderers! Ulm is out!
wallpaper-warrior-defeated-by-dragon.jpg

New rule:

Lizzurd and Grimwulf must play pretender nations and name their pretenders Lizzurd and Grimwulf respectively. Additional titles allowed.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Lizzurd and Grimwulf must play pretender nations and name their pretenders Lizzurd and Grimwulf respectively. Additional titles allowed.

Agreed.

Let both teams pick one or two nations for their opponents.

I would give it a spin. What say you, Lizzurd? Let's make second round of picks in this fashion. Each team picks nations for their opponents. No UW nations, though (Oceania, Pelagia, Atlantis, R'lyeh). Other than that - anything goes.

Lizzurd

Cipher
That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. If you insist on this - then i will pick Ermor for your team. Try to find someone who will agree to play it!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. If you insist on this - then i will pick Ermor for your team. Try to find someone who will agree to play it!

So what? Ermor without deadly dominion gets gold income, and therefore can spam temples. Indy priests will provide you with even more freespawn in the long run. Well, in very long run.

Besides, death gem income!

Lizzurd

Cipher
I am against it. Maybe you just bad at drafting and want to lower me to your level? This can very easily ruin any strategy.

It should be one of the early picks, so you still have picks remaining to salvage the situation.

...and we started banning already, maybe save that rule for Decline9 or whatever.

Lizzurd

Cipher
Well, this rule can be played in the separate game, but in this one we have already decided about the rules. And this is more like the challenge of skill between me and Grimwulf, not the challenge of "thinking out of the box".

Lizzurd

Cipher
Also, the main reason why i decline this idea - is that everyone in my team (including me) has some specific preferences about the nation he wants to play. I doubt that someone wants to play undeadless Ermor or even Marignon.

Do you want to expand to 5v5? We seem to have Dreaad and Malakal as volunteers. (Or was Malakal just volunteering to play disciple Ermor?)

Dayyālu

Arcane
YOU WILL TAKE REVENGE!

what

I'd have to admit that this thread is hilarious, at least.

And I'm very, very curious if the Disciple Ermor strategy is viable. We had a similar discussion in another thread and Grimwulf has made some interesting points. I think it's quite suicidal, but it would be fun to see it in action.

My points about bans/picks is that, despite the system not being bad, the end result is that some nations get always killed off quite soon. You'll never leave Agartha in MA, or Ulm/Atlantis in LA. So methinks we should conjure something new for Decline9. Less, or even no bans, to give all the choices to the masses.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
YOU WILL TAKE REVENGE!

what

I'd have to admit that this thread is hilarious, at least.

And I'm very, very curious if the Disciple Ermor strategy is viable. We had a similar discussion in another thread and Grimwulf has made some interesting points. I think it's quite suicidal, but it would be fun to see it in action.

My points about bans/picks is that, despite the system not being bad, the end result is that some nations get always killed off quite soon. You'll never leave Agartha in MA, or Ulm/Atlantis in LA. So methinks we should conjure something new for Decline9. Less, or even no bans, to give all the choices to the masses.

Change era. Use another non player to pick nations at the same time and only ban them if theyre picked by two teams at the same time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom