Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 9 - Dominion Zen Masters [ AUXILIARY BOOSTERS IGNITED ]

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
3h for the next turn (so I can come home and do it leisurely) and requesting turn timer to be changed to 49h so the turn doesnt creep closer and closer into the day.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Guise, sorry, I was just about to sit down and do my turn in peace but I suddenly gotta head out and don't know whether I'll make it, so I gotta extend it a bit, sorry!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Maybe he doesn't want to play Ermor anymore.

Also, my internets is really bitchy today. Somebody else extend if you feel like it - the password is the same damn password as in any other Decline.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Gonna postpone 24h for this turn, sorry everyone.

Meanwhile, in Pythium:

6B6B07DA-2B53-11E5-BAE9-AC9783A12D2A_image_645

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
When fighting Malakal, never be the one to attack, men. You need that first combat turn. Or you won't have anything left on second.

Edit: one would say that I should have learned that long ago during Decline 2.

Dayyālu

Arcane
When fighting Malakal, never be the one to attack, men. You need that first combat turn. Or you won't have anything left on second.

Edit: one would say that I should have learned that long ago during Decline 2.

You don't say.

:negative:

Can I dare to ask how he managed such a slaughter? It's always interesting to see. The usual RoS chaincasting?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The usual RoS chaincasting?

It's AHS DO DOOOOD

I knew for a fact that he couldn't possibly get access to RoS. I expected EQ spam, sure. To nihilate it somewhat, I sent this guy to attack the army on ritual stage:

Too frustrated to cut images, sorry.

ppokew.jpg

So the idea was simple and elegant - he stays on the rearmost and triggers gem-costing script, while being invulberable to EQ due to flying. Most of Ashdod's F and D direct-dmg spells would target elemental. He also tried Soul Slay, but Arch Theurg has MR 18 against it (16 native + 2 from S4, coz Ashdod used LotNS). He was supposed to last several turns, meanwhile casting Power of the Spheres and Living Air to buy even more time. But then fucking HERE YE GO - Rain of Stones! One-shot death on turn one, period.

Goddamn Lore Master.

Also, it might have been easier if my raider was successful at fucking up the logistics for Ashdod. I was attacking this province over here during ritual stage:

oevwsp.jpg

See, if I grabbed it, then anyone coming to T'khab to Fields of Abul (where the battle was held) would simply cancel their movement. A nice trick, which Lizzurd used successfuly against me in Decline 2. He almost won by Throne rush back then. Almost.

Anyway, I had to use a regular fucking Theurg to raid this province - didn't have no other thugs or SC to spare. Even worse, I didn't have bottles anymore. That was the equip:

lwsyzi.png

Awe from the whip, combined with Astral Shield, Mirror Image, Body Ethereal and E6D4 bless - I thought it would be enough. Aoe attack, so no need for high attack value. But I was unsure if he had enough time for buffs, since he was alone. So, in all my drunken retardedness, I've also casted Arouse Hunger at the same province. Result? Ghouls were pwnd, and caused morale failure of Theurg before he could even join the fight.

qmauan.png

And that was it. My beautiful army - the one that had to cross the entire fucking world going through Ermor (we didn't share borders with Ashdod) was rekd at turn 1. Nobody had a chance to do fucking anything.

Here is my army on turn 1, before Ashdod's chaincast:

taqdro.png

Same army, same turn 1, after Ashdod's chaincast:

doffky.png

And that's it, nothing else to say really. I should have prepared better, equipped everybody with levitation rings (but then my communicants would die anyway, since you can't equip shit on units). Better yet - I should have lured him into attacking me, although it was nearly impossible to do in his home turf. He didn't care about Pythium - he has plenty of other targets. I even built a fort in his former province, just because he didn't give a fuck.

But hey, it wasn't THAT bad. Just sliiighly better. Ashdod's army was set on patrol, and after giving me a sound beating they discovered several scouts and assassins. Equipped assassins. Meaning, they triggered the script too.

xojecq.jpg

Ashdod's chaincasting killed some of its own mages. Including the god cursed fucking AE Loremaster. I wish you never roll another one!:argh:

After everything was over, here is what's left of Ashdod's army:

vxcgzc.jpg

Pythium is crestfallen now. We shall await the coming of jews and fight them on our territory. Meanwhile the doge can pwn some skeletons. Or smth.

Ermor, come out you bastard - I need to take off the heat!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I made a few mistakes with my script and army movement but in the end can't complain about the result. Even if AI gem expenditure logic is magic.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
A map. Because why not?

So it's turn 54. The beginning of lategame stage does NOT look good for everybody, except Ashdod.

evvhin.jpg
ilcvcy.jpg

ssbqiq.jpg

So what's the current situation? Let the analytics from Pythium tell their own, PROPAGANDA-FREE, version of the world history. Listing all surviving nations in no particular order.

The merMEN made the right decision to rush Atlantis early on, but the war itself was a complete failure. By dragging it that long, Pelagia abandoned the Progress Train by themselves, falling way behind surface nations in every aspect - research, army, expansion, economy.

Despite that, modern Pelagia ain't doing bad. Mostly because other nations are doing even worse. Pelagia owns two UW Thrones; a small chunk of land between Pythium and North Ermor; and all UW provinces, except for a few inland lakes.

Currently at war with Ashdod and in semi-allied relations with other nations. Relations with Ermor are complicated, since Ermor is an ally of Ashdod, but has its skelly hands full fighting Pythium.

All in all, Pelagia is a significant world power due to two fortified UW Thrones that might be difficult to conquer by surface nations.

Just like Pelagia, Caelum brought its troubles on themselves. By invading Agartha incredibly early on (that was actually the first war in the entire pbem) and completely ignoring its own development, Caelum fell way, way behind. By the time most of the nations had several finished forts and more in ongoing construction, Caelum had none. Waging an endless war against Agartha and later against Pangaea, Caelum was slowly but surely dying, being pressured by two smaller nations, but at least enjoying everlasting peace with Pythium.

Later on Caelum answered Pythium's call, uniting with Pangaea, Agartha and Pythium to fend off Ashdod's aggression. The attempt failed. After Pangaea had fallen, Caelum had to bargain a fragile peace with Ashdod, which lasts up to this day. Caelum's relations with Pythium and Agartha became just as fragile, but there was no time for grudges while the giant jews were conquering the northern continent.

Caelum owns Throne of Air and overall good defensive position. Fighting Ashdod in Heat dominion was next to impossible for Caelum, but defending against giant's invasion in native Cold 3 is expected to be much more managable. Therefore, Caelum remains one of the considerable political powers due to having one of the most protected Thrones in the realm.

The most misfortunate nation of the world. First it fell victim to both Caelum's never-ending aggression, while being blackmailed by Ashdod at the same time. Then it was immidiately invaded by Ashdod, without even getting a chance for a quick respite.

However, Agartha is the most succesful nation up to this date in defending against Ashdod. The entire territory of Agartha has turned into a warzone, being constantly raided by Ashdod's Golems and whatnot. But not a single Agartha's fort has fallen yet. Furthermore, Agartha is the only nation that managed to withstand a jewish assault on one of its forts.

wagwyy.jpg

Clearly a sign of Ashdod's downfall.

Agartha is currently allied with Pelagia and Pythium, while maintaining semi-neutral relations with Caelum and waging defensive war against Ashdod's forces. Agartha might not have great chances to Ascend, but their heroic endurance will not be forgotten. :salute:

The nation of traitors and evil unmen. The only nation that had a chance to deal with Ashdod - to prevent its crazy expansion and conquering of Pangaea. But even though Ermor was engaged in a successful early war against Ashdod, they somehow ended up in peace and even an alliance later on. And after this unholy pact was signed, Ermor was proclaimed the ENEMY OF MANKIND by every sane being of the world.

Ermor owes its grand size to Sceleria, which gave up their territory without any significant resistance. Pythium had a chance to prevent it by coquering Sceleria first, but decided to honor the ongoing NAP instead. Pythium paid a horrible price for honour, but at least managed to block Ermor's advance towards Vanarus, and later declared war on Ermor, reducing undead territory somewhat.

Ermor could be one of the major world powers, but instead it accepted vassalage and simply obeys Ashdod now. Even though Ermor is engaged in war against Pythium only, the nation is hated by literally everyone.

YOU WILL PAY, GODDAM excuse us for technical difficulties. Let us carry on.

Once a promising nation with a great potential, now a bunch of crestfallen men, ready to witness the Ascension of the jews. Early history was magnificent - a quick expansion, followed by successful wars against Sceleria and Vanarus. Things were looking good. Economy, research and military might were unmatched by any other nation, except for one - Ashdod. Unlike Pythium, Ashdod's expansion wasn't challegened AT ALL, and when the borders of this enourmous nation came close to Pangaea and Agartha, Pythium became concerned.

Emor and Ashdod were threatening the world by the very fact of their existence. And while Pythium could take on Ermor on its own, it could not possibly reach Ashdod. So what were Pythium's options? Conquer empty lands of Ermor cutting its way through thousands of undead, while watching Ashdod claiming rich and undefended provinces of Pangaea, Agartha and Caelum? The three nations that were fighting each other and trying bribe off the jews?

No. Pythium stepped in with a flaming speech, doing its best to act as mediator, to achieve ceasing fire between Pangaea, Agartha and Caelum. To unite these nations against the common enemy, the global threat.

ahxiqu.jpg

Eventually, the effort was successful. But unfortunately, it was already too late. Unbeatable military might of Ashdod conquered Pangaea despite Agartha's and Caelum's attempts to interfere. Caelum's army had fallen in the process. Agartha was the next to be invaded. Pelagia and Pythium achieved minor success conquering UW and some coastal provinces of Ashdod; Pythium even built a fort in one of them.

djysgv.jpg

But it was slow and difficult. Teleporting forces over such distances is expensive and limted, not to mention these provinces were long under Ermor's dominon, depraved of population and supplies. Pythium needed an actual army, and had to bring one all the way through Ermorian territory and undead legions.

And when the showdown finally happened, Pythium failed soundly. It's not a death blow for the nation - far from it.

nhrniz.jpg

An extremely painful, but still endurable damage. That defeat meant one thing for Pythium - its chances to prevent Ashdod's Ascension (not to mention Ascending themselves) dropped down to near-zero. And although Pythium would do much better fighting in its home territory, Ashdod doesn't have to invade it in order to Ascend. It is possible to do without Pythium's Thrones. And that fact only adds to the national depression.

Pythium is currently allied with Pelagia, Agartha and mostly Caelum. At war with Ashdod. In the middle of HOLY CRUSADE against Ermor.

Pythium will never give up.

The eater of this world.

People had a false impression about Ashdod. Everybody thought about this nation as of something minor and extremely unfortunate. Having its capital in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by empty wastelands and invaded by Ermor early on. It seemed like Ashdod was done for back then.

But suddenly, Ermor gives up on its conquest and agrees to sign peace. Ashdod began rapid expansion, uncontested. Agartha could not fight for southern lands, due to being attacked by Caelum. Pangaea did god knows what and didn't prevent Ashdod's expansion as well. Later both Caelum and Pangaea were blackmailed and forced to pay tribute on a long-lasting basis. At the same time Ashdod enjoyed peace, rushing Constr6 and forging Lightless Lanterns on a massive scale.

From a dirty bum-nation, Ashdod turned into King of the World, conquering Pangaea, enslaving Ermor and occupying most of Agartha's territory. Ashdod still has a long way to go before Ascension, but everybody else fell way behind. Now this is a race with just one participant and several spectators.

And that covers the drun deep profeshinal analysis of Pythium top minds. It might seem hopeless. It might seem like there is nothing that can be done at this stage.

But I encourage everyone not to give up, and to fight until the bitter end. With everything you got. This is how you learn, men - take this experience with you, and let it serve your next incarnation.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom