Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 9 - Dominion Zen Masters [ AUXILIARY BOOSTERS IGNITED ]

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
raw, you used that map in Decline 3, ffs. Just use the same damnable map for the game - it's absolutely alright. Except for it is
but I can't change that.
yes but meanwhile it was improved by ohlman who usually knows what he does. more than me anyway. and believe me, i too remember the gangs of rape.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Do you really want to discuss it?

Hexawyr use rivers as sea connection, which make sailing insane and lower interaction between land and sea nations.

Using rivers as sea connections is common practice. It does not make sailing insane. There is a special command for those who wish to nerf sailing on their map, namely #setsail [max-sailing-distance-number]. By screwing connections he only spammed errors that were not there before.

* almost all wasteland are set as nostart. Three were kept as possible start for the odd wasteland-affinity nation

Nothing wrong with starting in the desert. You will get 30k population anyway. Dominions engine only allows desert starts for nations that benefit from it (national summons of Berytos and Hinnom, and whatever else).

* all swamp start are set as nostart. Even swamp-loving nations don't want their cap to fall into a marsh

He removed special-terrain starts for the sake of avoiding terrain-specific events? I mean, JEEZ, what is wrong with him? Ok, on some maps me and some other mapmakers remove coastal starts, bc you don't want some rituals to be cast upon your coastal caps and stuff. Although even that decision is doubtful - some nations benefit a lot from coastal starts. But to exclude special terrain starts? That's just overkill.

* provinces in big mountain ranges, or too far from the "roads" of the map, were set as nostart

Who ever said that all nations should start on the "roads"?

* province with 3 non-mountain non-river connection were set as no start

Ok. But once again, the game engine would only place heat-loving nation in such a spot. And only if there would be no other, more fitting, start position. One point to Ohlmann.

* sea nations can only spawn on the two biggest sea. 2 can start in the biggest one, 1 max can spawn in the second bigger. Usually, with 2 sea nation, they will spawn on two different sea.

I don't see a problem here. At all.

raw, the guy basically tries to redo the map according to his VISION, that is, well, ARGUABLE at best. If you want to play this specific "non-director's cut" of Hexawyr - fine. I will look through his script tomorrow. Something tells me that I will find a lot of interesting shit there.

OR, we can just play gud old vanilla Hexawyr, for Christ sake.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Grimwulf wastelands and swamps and shit still give you a little less gold for your cap and farms give you a little bit more. Not much but MUH MLG BALANCE.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Ok. Now I actually opened the game page.

@rawie, what is the deal between you and Ohlmann? Not only we play his version of Hexawyr, but also his mod? Ok, I can withstand bad maps - I've seen worse, after all - but I refuse to accept some fan remake of a classic Dominions mod. Even if he mostly leaves the mod untouched, I find his additions to be bland. We should all stick to classical 1.23 version of the mod, like the rest of the world does.

Ok, I will ask you straight: is there a SINGLE reason why we choose Ohlmann's sofa repacks instead of genuine classics?

Throne settings don't make me cry of hapyness too, but whatever. Seen worse.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Problem is 1.23 was broken by the patch, some UW heroes dissapeared into thin air sank into the ocean. Also some other nations also apparently had heroes vanish, thems the rumors anyway.

No, the patch does not conflict with 1.23 version in any way. But it DOES conflict with Ohlmann's mad-ridden remakes, that's why we get new versions of "Worthy Heroes (O)", or whatever he calls them, rather regulary.

Edit: I guess it is not common knowledge for some people, but the author of Worthy Heroes is of course Burnsaber.

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
i cant find a wh by burnsaber compatible with the current version

He stopped updating it thats why O stepped in.

And bugs are bugs but O has ridiculous sense of balance adding retardedly overpowered bullshit heroes. Thats my gripe with him mainly.

Can we just play without WH? Or use the old version.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
i cant find a wh by burnsaber compatible with the current version

You just need 1.23. Burnsaber left the community a few years ago. IIRC, his latest version is 1.21, that was hotfixed by Glabo to 1.23 (just fixed a few errors, leaving the mod intact). Optionally, we can play without this mod at all - it would still be better than playing with Ohlmann's WH.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Use the old 1.23 one then because otherwise some nations just get ass fucked while others get 4 thug heroes.

Also since we are using the "gang rape central" map anyone want to add the stipulation that ALL diplomacy must be done in thread for all to see. It makes for an interesting game :D lowers the gang rapeyness of it, usually makes the game use a more 'blocks' style of politics.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Well you can always out the person in the thread in which case everyone can feel justified in gang raping them :smug:. But generally you just trust people...... or get blind drunk and pretend everything is fine.

Surely you lot aren't so low as to ignore game rules if you agree to them?

Zibniyat

Arcane
Also since we are using the "gang rape central" map anyone want to add the stipulation that ALL diplomacy must be done in thread for all to see. It makes for an interesting game :D lowers the gang rapeyness of it, usually makes the game use a more 'blocks' style of politics.

This will never work. How would you control whether or not someone uses PMs? There is no way to do it, but I am fine with making up useless rules nobody is going to respect.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Surely you lot aren't so low as to ignore game rules if you agree to them?

The problem is I got private convos ongoing with most of the players (including you) that are not related to this particular game.

- Yeah, and then she came to my house and got rekt.
- Lol, just like Vanarus in Decline 9!
- SILENCE, YOU FOO! Fucks sake, now I'll have to copy-paste this whole convo in the game thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom