Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 9 - Dominion Zen Masters [ AUXILIARY BOOSTERS IGNITED ]

Dayyālu

Arcane
Surely you lot aren't so low as to ignore game rules if you agree to them?

Breaking rules, no.

Photoshopping diplo exchanges and misrepresenting reality are all tools in a player's bag. I have done so several times, for lulz or for winning. Of course, there are some players that have won the right of being threated fairly, and others who I would not trust to feed a kitten.

Anyway my point is..... You all seem like bro's. Why would any of you cheat to win a game of dominions, I mean really?

Who knows

Paging Norfleet for info on the subject, I think we need an expert here

Norfleet

WHO SUMMONS ME? And no, I don't cheat. I just exploit existing rules. In fact, I hadn't actually even figured out how to do THAT, at that point it was really just "What the hell just happened? This might be useful...".

I RETURN TO THE FETID DARKNESS NOW.

sqeecoo

Arcane
If people are unhappy with the gangbanginess of the map, why not just grab a new one? I wouldn't mind at all since the "no water connections" thing is pretty annoying for me :)

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If people are unhappy with the gangbanginess of the map, why not just grab a new one? I wouldn't mind at all since the "no water connections" thing is pretty annoying for me :)
Please always add a suggestions, because I can't find the "just a new one" map on llamaserver. (Although I am tempted to just let the randomizer have a go at it at this point)

sqeecoo

Arcane
You are right, a suggestion would be polite, but I'm a noob. Dunno, maybe one of the modified Parganos maps? Glory of Gods? Urraparrand?

I mean, I'm ok with Hexawyr (the connected seas version) but people seem to be complaining. Just throwing out suggestions.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
You are right, a suggestion would be polite, ...
It's not just a matter of politeness. It means that I have to go searching for a map again and evaluate it. This costs me time, time I can't spend elsewhere, say, my family. This makes me unhappy. That makes them unhappy. If you post suggestions I can do this more quickly. That makes me happy. And that makes everyone else happy.

2YIXGBe.gif

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yes, let's everyone be happy. I respect your efforts here raw, definitely. Too much of a noob to offer more in-depth suggestions than those few maps I heard were ok though. But not insisting we change the map, just putting the option on the table.
You're the bossman, ja.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
raw is a cool guy with one flaw - perverted tastes. Like a tru German.

My suggestions:
1. Change Ohlmann's mod to classic 1.23. It's somewhere in the middle of the modlist on llama - just look carefully.
2. Change the map completely. Options from Grimbutt:
- Shaluda Codex Edition. The one we used in Decline 2. I'll correct the few graphical/border errors, and it's gud to go - you don't even need to test it, coz you know it. Sure, it's kinda big for 10 players, but so is Hexawyr. Not to mention Archaea that you use in Decline 7. You can always invite a couple more players, for a change.
- Paragonos with custom starts. I'll make dem custom starts for you. Perfectly sized for 8 surfacers and 2 UW nations. I usually edit some terrain features too (vanilla lacks river and moutain crossings), but it's fine even without them.
- Non-Ohlmann Hexawyr. The one you used in Decline 3. I gave my arguments earlier, but you ignored them. Maybe you are Ohlmann in disguise?
- Plain standard Cradle of Dominions.
- Plain standard Glory of the Gods (mp version).

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
raw is a cool guy with one flaw - perverted tastes. Like a tru German.

My suggestions:
1. Change Ohlmann's mod to classic 1.23. It's somewhere in the middle of the modlist on llama - just look carefully.
2. Change the map completely. Options from Grimbutt:
- Shaluda Codex Edition. The one we used in Decline 2. I'll correct the few graphical/border errors, and it's gud to go - you don't even need to test it, coz you know it. Sure, it's kinda big for 10 players, but so is Hexawyr. Not to mention Archaea that you use in Decline 7. You can always invite a couple more players, for a change.
- Paragonos with custom starts. I'll make dem custom starts for you. Perfectly sized for 8 surfacers and 2 UW nations. I usually edit some terrain features too (vanilla lacks river and moutain crossings), but it's fine even without them.
- Non-Ohlmann Hexawyr. The one you used in Decline 3. I gave my arguments earlier, but you ignored them. Maybe you are Ohlmann in disguise?
- Plain standard Cradle of Dominions.
- Plain standard Glory of the Gods (mp version).
See, this is why Grimwulf is sexy. First he flatters me, then he deconstructs my entire game and tellms me I am terrible. Yet I am forced to comply. Paragonos sounds nice.

Johannes

Arcane
Grimwulf wastelands and swamps and shit still give you a little less gold for your cap and farms give you a little bit more. Not much but MUH MLG BALANCE.
Starting in wastes and swamps or mountains is awful since it fucks with your movement out of cap. And yes even nations without terrain preference can start in them.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Oh ffs.
tJoaNO7.gif

Do we need some perfect symmetrical map where everyone is allocated a perfect position with the same number of neighboring provinces to their capital and all the indies are also symmetrically placed because boo hoo my perfect balance feelings? Only whiny women complain about "muh bad starting position, not fair".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom