Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DECLINE (Grimoire Character Editor) Development Thread of Decline

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
ALWAYS MANUALLY BACKUP YOUR SAVES BEFORE FUCKING WITH THEM (The *.SVG FILES).
This application is BETA.
It may fuck up your save immediately or 20, 30, or 599 hours down the road. You have been warned.

The Editor Cleveland Mark Blakemore doesn't want you to see. Banned in 97 countries and Steam Discussions!
banned.PNG

[UPDATE]
Download New Version with Inv Editor:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6l_05JGFSqrMmFERE15N2VNZHc

New Version. DECLINE 1.3-A (Tested With Grimoire Version 1.2.0.26 R)
Also Included DECLINE: The Revenge v1.0- Grimoire Inventory Bar Editor and Experimental Teleporter
Nothing new in Character Editor this version, but it is included in the zip file.

DECLINE: The Revenge v1.0 - Inventory Editor
Some notes:

If "Item #" is 0, that slot is empty and you can feel free to add something there.

Basically, All you really want to play with is
Item #, Charges and Amount columns (Self Explainatory).

Map/NPC,Flag and Critical

Critical column
0-1 - Not IDed
2 - IDed
3 - Critical (Used for Quest Items or other important stuff)

Map/NPC and Flag:
FLAG:
'0=Original Issue '1=@Chkpoints - 2=@NPCs - 3=Merged
If you are giving yourself new items, 0 for Flag is your safest bet
Flag set as 1 or 2 uses the map/NPC flag as well
Flag as 1 to set an item's found location to a specific map.
Flag as 2 to set an item's NPC to a specific NPC (Who gave you the item)

MAP/NPC
A number for either an NPC name(0-63 or 64) or a Map Name (0-200something)

ITEM EDITOR and TELEPORTING
You can only do one or the other at this time.
So, edit inv and hit the save inv button
or
Select a teleport destination and hit the teleport button.

If you want to do both, just hit the load button again and select the other option.

Teleport at this time only can move you to 1 of the 5 starting locations. (I'll add others later)
So in therory, you can do each starting area, get all the good shit they have, then continue on with the game proper.

Item list is complete, but not fully defined (no stats, super ID, etcfor items past the superdemo), Just the names.
I'll work on extracting the other stuff after I take a break.

Old Versions. DECLINE 1.2-F (Tested With Grimoire Version 1.2.0.25 R)

[End Update]

Older version notes:
Individual toggle of skills per character. (0 locks/hides, 1 unlocks/unhides)
Warning: you can turn off skills you already know, so be careful with your 1s and 0s.
Even if you accidentally lock something, it should retain the Skill Value.

Removed in this version:
The unlock all toggle checkbox.

Older things from previous versions...
Additions in 1.2-E:
1. Added a Checkbox to UNLOCK ALL SKILLS (This action cannot be undone!)
2. Renamed "Powerstrike" skill to "Iron Hands"

Additions in 1.2-D:
Unlocks all skills on character sheets. (Redacted in 1.2-E)

Items will now retain their charges/amounts (arrows, lead balls, wands, etc...) when saving.

No more hacking in quest items via the equip slot hack (you can still hack them in but they probably won't work as quest items). This feature will have to wait until I code in the dedicated Inventory Bar editor.

Correctly sets GPC/NPC death flags now. (will not fix a bad save, only going forward).
Hides any dismissed party members.

Zep--

Image:
GrimHack2.PNG

Zep--

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Oh..Also added a confirmation box message that your file was saved :)

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Hacking quest items onto the character will work, but they are not usable for the quest. (Assert Failure).

I've solved that problem, but you have to wait until I add a dedicated Inventory Adder to Decline (probably in a few days)

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Resurrect dead flag is in and working.

Trying to do the hack for quest items that are not working now when you add them to an armor slot (before I add the Inventory Editor). As soon as I test the new hack and verify it works (at least with the owl), I will upload the new version.

Zep--

PrettyDeadman

can you please dllinject a porsper inventory management system into the game? With autosort and many rows of items at once?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Ok, quest items added to Equip slots now work (tested only with Owl Figurine).

Good News: They Work Now (I guess...at least tested with owl)

Medium News: Items you add this way are marked "critical". So anything you add you can't drop or sell.

Good News: You can toggle in "Configuration" whether you want to be able to drop "critical" items or not. Kind of a pain, but you can do it. Don't forget to change it back so you don't fuck yourself later.

Bad News for you, Good News for me: I'm off to the bar so the New Version of DECLINE with the new features will be uploaded tomorrow.

Zep--

Mech

Cipher
I'm all for an editor like the Cosmic Forge by mad god, but that name is just the most lame kind of edgy. Please find something better.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm all for an editor like the Cosmic Forge by mad god, but that name is just the most lame kind of edgy. Please find something better.
He's been calling it this for a while now in the Grimoire Thread. Dev started before release and was for the Superdemo.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Next version will unhide the skills (in game) that you don't know.

Version after that will be adding a dedicated inventory editor. (I think)
Then maybe a button to copy current selected character to/or one from Library in selected slot.

In the meantime, I'm working on a versioning system so that DECLINE works fully in all versions of Grimoire.

Zep--

Sam Bixby

Educated
Hey Zep how do you give yourself the Owl Figurine?

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
find it in the item list (click on the heading to sort by name)

get that number (i believe it is 572?)

in your equipment slots, add that number to an equipment slot (I use the Quill slot typically, but any slot that has a 0 will work)

Save.

Load game, go to that char, unequip from Quill and put it in your Inventory.

Zep--

Sam Bixby

Educated
find it in the item list (click on the heading to sort by name)

get that number (i believe it is 572?)

in your equipment slots, add that number to an equipment slot (I use the Quill slot typically, but any slot that has a 0 will work)

Save.

Load game, go to that char, unequip from Quill and put it in your Inventory.

Zep--
Thx for the fast replys.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

I'd love a Cosmic Forge editior, but this is just a character/savegame editor which Cosmic Forge isn't. I can't wait for some decent chargen options to be added like Cosmic Forge does with Wiz7.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I've decided to start versioning with .12-R and going forward from that.

Too many older versions I don't want to deal with (or download).

Most things will still work in the older versions, Mainly Attributes, Skills, Equip and Char Stats.

Zep--

Brood_Star

Novice
Recruitable NPCs always seem to carry the dead flag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom