Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deja Vu - Somebody had better look out... (complete)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
ok

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So close and yet so far...

Just when I thought I had done everything right, I got rewarded with the electric chair.

bog02.png
You should go down, Ace.

hero.png
...Down ?

bog01.png
Down below...

hero.png
??

Death Count = 13

7. Ace Of Spades.

bog02.png
You're trying to do this by the book, that's why you're getting your ass kicked.

hero.png
It's just that too much of this evidence incriminates me too...

bog01.png
And what should you do with evidence you don't like... ?

hero.png
... ... Get rid of it !!

bog02.png
That's my boy.

I'll need to get rid some of this evidence for good. There's only one place I can think of that's filthy, dark and bottomless enough for this job...

hero.png
General discussion ?

bog02.png
Close, but no.

...The heart of the sewers !

krnl386_831.jpg

krnl386_833.jpg

krnl386_834.jpg

Now, I must choose which of the evidence to throw away.

bog02.png
You should Get rid of anything that can connect you to Siegel's murder.

hero.png
That's right, especially those planted evidence in the Mercedes!

I throw both the map and the registration into the dark whirlpool.

krnl386_835.jpg

krnl386_838.jpg

The syringe and the drugs won't help as evidence since I've also used them myself. I throw them away.

krnl386_842.jpg

bog01.png
Aren't you forgetting something important, Ace ?

hero.png
Of course, the gun !

My gun was used to kill Siegel, I should throw it away. In fact I decide to throw away all my guns and ammo, just in case.

krnl386_846.jpg

Oh fuck it. I'll just throw everything away except for the evidence that point to the real culprits.

krnl386_857.jpg

Clean as a baby, I emerge from the sewers...

krnl386_860.jpg

And guess who I bump into...

krnl386_861.jpg

bog02.png
Uh-oh, this time he seems like he really means it, bud.

hero.png
Hmm, and I don't even have a gun right now...

bog02.png
Maybe you should pay him.

hero.png
Yeah maybe I should.

mugger-blood.png
Quit stalling ! Give me my money !!

hero.png
I've got your money right here, mac. A fistful of them !

SOCKO.jpg

krnl386_863.jpg

bog01.png
I almost feel sorry for him.

hero.png
...Almost.

After my usual morning exercise, I make my way to the police station, It's time to see this through...

krnl386_866.jpg

Things seem to be going much better...

krnl386_869.jpg

krnl386_870.jpg

original.gif

diploma.jpg

All right, something new to hang on my wall !

diplomaGD.jpg

:yeah:

Well, that felt a bit underwhelming. After all this strife all we got was a diploma ? The NES port developers thought so too :

NES-ending-01.jpg

"Siegel lost his life for a mere 20 grand. So I'm off the hook."

NES-ending-03.jpg

"But crime will never cease here."

NES-ending-05%2Bcopy.jpg

"Ace Harding's my moniker. The next case is just around the corner."

NES-ending-07.jpg

NES-ending-08.jpg

Recommended view:
Double Indemnity (1944)

EPILOGUE :

bum.png
The Bum.
After nicking 20 dollars from Ace, the bum went on to buy some booze. On the road to the liquor store someone tried to mug him. The mugger didn't seem to be in a very good shape though, and the bum with a lucky punch managed to flatten him. This whole incident cleared his head and he decided to stop the drinking and invest his money to Japanese stocks, unaware of the Pearl Harbor business. He soon went back to drinking.

mugger-blood.png
The Mugger.
Having his ass kicked by a drunken bum, destroyed his last delusions about a successful life in crime. He sold his gun to Pete's All Nite Gun Palace and decided to start a career as a bouncer. He had become pretty resilient after all this beating and his new motto was "Boss, do you want them to to beat me up ?". Unfortunately his boss answered "yes" when "them" was an angry mob of wrestlers. When he recovered after 6 months in a coma, he went back to Pete to get a gun and resume his mugging career.

pete.png
Pete.
Guns were selling like warm muffins and business was good, but when Pete saw the mugger's battered face something broke inside him. He left the gun business and became a priest, but he always kept a shotgun close by. God has mercy but a shotgun is always handy, he preached in his sermon.

marsha.png
Marsha Vickers.
Marsha admitted in court that she murdered Joe Siegel but she claimed that she was blinded by love and that it was Sternwood that pushed her into it. Her teary eyes and Oscar-worthy performance moved the jury and she only got 5 years of prison time. When she got out she was still young and beautiful enough to make her dreams come true.

mr-sternwood.png
Mr. Sternwood.
Sternwood was pinpointed as the mastermind of this conspiracy and got the full sentence. It was revealed that he was also involved in a series of stock-market frauds. His assets were ceased by the government and got liquidated but they weren't much, since all the real wealth belonged to his wife.

mrs-sternwood.png
Mrs. Sternwood.
Mrs. Sternwood was devastated by her husband's betrayal, but the butler helped her to recover with his devoted support and his chocolate cakes. Eventually she gained back her cheerfulness and her lost weight.

butler.png
The Butler.
After the incident he offered his undivided support to Mrs. Sternwood and nurtured her back to her former self. Gradually their professional relationship became much more intimate. Six months after the trial they got married. The Butler was now the master of the mansion.

hero.png
Ace.
Ace never went to the relaxing vacation he surely deserved after he managed to clear his name, since the publicity brought him a lot of new clients. Dames in distress, shifty macs and shady dudes paraded in his shabby office. He still did most of his talking with his fists. Occasionally he threw a punch to mugger for old-times sake. The next case is just around the corner, somebody had better look out.

:salute:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I believe I showed you all possible ways of dying except the office death from memory loss and the one when you try to shoot Pete (the gun dealer) and he shoots you first with a shotgun. I think the windows version had a couple more deaths than NES.

Quilty

Magister
:salute:

You are an inspiration to LPers all around the world!

Black

Arcane
Now Chrono Trigger LP will continue for sure! :D

Read this on one sitting, SOCKO! :bro:

I remember playing this back then and being rather creeped out by the fact everything was trying to kill you :lol:

I just don't understand why the pharmacy bill also mentioned amnesia-thingie antidote. Lemme see if I got this right.

-Siegel wanted the ransom money, ended up shot by Vickers

-Ace wanted to deliver the ransom money, ended up drugged by Vickers

-Sugar Shack wanted to kill Ace (met him by chance on the street) and Siegel (planned, with bomb in the car), ended up punched and is still on the loose (someone Ace better watch out)

If Ace was meant to be left amnesiac so he would take the blame fo Siegel's murder, why would Vickers order a vial of the antidote? Speaking of that, why the truth serum, by the way?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Clockwork Knight said:
If Ace was meant to be left amnesiac so he would take the blame fo Siegel's murder, why would Vickers order a vial of the antidote? Speaking of that, why the truth serum, by the way?

Since the upstairs of the bar was set up as an interrogation room of some sort, I'm guessing Siegel did this sort of stuff with other people too, it doesn't all have to be for Ace. Although they most likely interrogated him with the truth serum first, to know if he has told anyone else about the deal and then made him lose his memories.

betamin

Learned
Very cool LP, nice read!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom