Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Del Toro and Kojima Collaborating On New Project

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3354782/del-toro-kojima-collaborating-new-project/

Del Toro and Kojima Collaborating On New Project

GDTHK_Collab.jpg

It’s not easy looking at a situation like the cancellation of Silent Hills and see it for anything but the objectively shitty situation it was for the team that was working on it, as well as fans of the struggling series, and yes, even Konami. That decision upset a lot of people, many of whom are still plenty angry with the company even three months after the fact. I wanted to see what Guillermo Del Toro and Hideo Kojima could have done with it, especially after spending an evening with P.T.

It’s worth noting that some good has already come from it. There’s a very promising indie horror game called Allison Road, for example. It’s still a ways off, but it already seems to be reaching for the missed potential that many of us saw in P.T. — and hoped to see in Silent Hills proper.

And then there’s this interview with IGN, in which Guillermo Del Toro drops news of another collaboration between him and Hideo Kojima.

“I love working with Kojima-san. We are still in touch. We are still friends and working into doing something together, but that’s not going to be [Silent Hills].” del Toro said.

I sure hope it’s spooky.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I hope they just take their ideas from Silent Hills and make their own horror game.

Vibalist

Arcane
This. Whether we get a sequel or a spiritual sequel isn't wildly important, as long as it's good.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
In before bleeding edge Codexers posting to tell us how PT was jump scare trash with no atmosphere.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I liked PT. Didn't feel at all like a Silent Hill game, and the concept trailer just kinda reinforces that feeling, but I was still pretty disappointed that the game wound up getting cancelled. At the very least a new project would give Kojima and Del Toro the chance to work on a project with the same ideas thay had for Silent Hills without being tied down by a pre-existing IP.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Is that screenshot in the OP with the woman leaning into the hallway from the PT? I mean, does it look like that in-game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom