Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline [deleted]

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Its bad for my health. I snapped all of my pencils in half. Please. I am a calm dude or trying to be, but I can't do it with that game. Please make it so I cant be tagged in Torment thread.
Ok, won't tag you. Instead here's something that might interest you:

http://existentialgamer.com/brian-fargo-fallout-torment-wasteland-3-interview

EG: Do you deal well with criticism? How do (the oftentimes heated) online discussions of these treasured franchises and genres affect you?

BF: I like to think I’m pretty self-aware when it comes to the faults of my games. I’ll admit that I can get frustrated if a criticism was incorrect or missed the point due to a misunderstanding of particular events, but I do try to keep my cool. I love having Early Access because I can receive that criticism early on, a point at which I can actually do something about the feedback. The most difficult part about dealing with the older franchises is that we often end up competing with the memory of players’ experiences rather than the actual gameplay itself. This happens mostly because people played some of these old games at a certain special time in their life.

EG: Torment: Tides of Numenera seems like a hugely ambitious project, one that aims to redefine what a CRPG can be. As it enters open beta, what would you say to a player going in without having played the original Torment? What about a hardcore fan?

BF: I would want anyone new or old to prepare for a literary experience as they begin playing Torment: Tides of Numenera. The quality of its writing and the bizarre universe it established were what made Planescape: Torment wonderful. These are the focus of this game as well. It is not a game that works if your mindset is to rush towards victory. It’s about enjoying the experience of this world crafted for you by the writers. Sitting back and taking it in like you might with a book trilogy. With Torment: Tides of Numenera, we have hung our hats on the words themselves.
If you like, I can dig up some more Torment news, as you seem to like the game. I can post them here, if that's helpful.

EDIT: Found another interesting tidbit:

Even though inXile Entertainment doesn’t own the rights to Planescape: Torment, the developer has still managed to secure development contributions from a number of notable individuals that were involved with the 1999 game – from designer Chris Avellone to soundtrack composer Mark Morgan. And whilst Plansescape: Torment came out on PC, Mac and Linux only, Torment: Tides of Numenera is looking to increase its portfolio of platforms by releasing on both home computers (PC, Mac, Linux), and consoles (XBox One and PlayStation 4). And in order to discuss this, I spoke to Chris Keenan (Vice President of Development, inXile Entertainment) and got to ask him as to how his development studio is looking to make Torment: Tides of Numenera more console-centric. Enjoy!

http://prankster101.com/articles/interview-with-chris-keenan-of-torment-tides-of-numenera/
Emphasis mine.

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Could somebody dig up the original interview, I can't find it.

This stuff is probably the most interesting for the OP.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
Why was the inXile interview thread moved? I haven't finished reading it!
This site aims ambitiously for the Tier 1, hence all contrarian content will be removed. From now on, the reviewers will use grading 87-100 out of a scale of 0-100.

FugueLah

Scholar
I got to page 80 or something. Were there any significant developments since then? And why does there seem to be very little in the way of community outrage regarding the threads move?

trpg-capa1.png

:ehue:

Severian Silk

People need to stop tagging me too. I hate it! Please stop tagging me in your posts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom