Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demo Length

Saxon1974

Prophet
Im going to give the demo a go this weekend. Just curious, how long does the demo last? I hate having to wait for a CD to be shipped if I like the game :(

Jora

Arcane
IIRC, there are three or four areas in the demo. It's not that long but it shouldn't take long for the CD to arrive either.

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Thanks, Jora, for answering this. Indeed, I think you could finish the demo in a single day. But of course it depends on how you play the game. You could spend several days talking to everybody, exploring, fighting, collecting booty, bartering, solving subplots, reading the history encyclopedia, etc. But most of these things are optional, and the main plot is neither long nor complicated. So in the extreme, I think it would be possible to 'finish' the demo less than an hour, by talking to the 3 main protagonists, and running one or two errands that are absolutely unavoidable, and voila, you're done.

However, in my personal opinion, the main enjoyable thing about Teudogar is not so much about the main plot, but rather, about getting to know the ancient Barbarian world, getting familiar with the mentality, and tasting life as a Teuton for a while, which would imply doing and exploring lots of things unrelated to the main plot. This way, I think the demo can keep you occupied for a week or so.

Shipping CDs: I've come around to the majority's view that shipping physical CDs is a silly and time-consuming nuisance, and I will offer downloadable full versions in the future, not just of DARGHUL, but also of Teudogar. I've already set up the basic infrastructure, but it'll still take some programming and web programming work. Unfortunately, I haven't got the time to do this soon, so I'm forced to stick with CDs for the time being. Shipping usually takes only 1-3 days within Europe, but may take about a week to the U.S.

zer

Novice
Saxon1974 said:
Im going to give the demo a go this weekend. Just curious, how long does the demo last? I hate having to wait for a CD to be shipped if I like the game :(
It takes about two weaks to reach territory of deep, frozen Siberia. Wild, brown bear (used to be our postman) came to my door this morning and hand over the game to me :)

sry, just fooling around. Thanks, Wolf!

Donnerstag

Novice
I was a bit disappointed how long the demo lasted and how long the whole game was. I had expected more!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom