Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demystifying the swarms meme, by anon.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's a lot of feats though. 3 to reach shatter defenses. Maybe it can have some use until midgame (but again it's 3 feats and requires 6 BAB so at best level 6 with a full BAB class, level 8 with a 3/4 BAB, and I don't think there's a point for 1/2 BAB classes). By late game you rarely miss with all the AB bonuses from items unless you did something really wrong with your builds.

Maybe it's needed on unfair? On hard I never felt I had trouble hitting mid game.
Lann and Ventilator already gave good answers. No point in repeating what they said. But personally in Unfair the enemy does have ridiculous stats. Which means their AC is going to be stupidly high. So yeah, it's a valid build. I personally don't build for it. As long as you can inflict the "helpless" and "prone" conditions then you should have no problem with hitting them. Of course this doesn't work with all enemies.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Parabalus

Arcane

Here's a doc with everything (taken from steam guides):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p3Jx8LqU12_Zk6MoPukGSA-HXpswG_jQPkytXdpOhZM/edit?usp=sharing

separate tab with all their infusions and the combination blasts.

You really want any AoE infusion and they're really good with dazzling/shatter/deadly carnage since it works with blasts.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Here's a doc with everything

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p3Jx8LqU12_Zk6MoPukGSA-HXpswG_jQPkytXdpOhZM/edit?usp=sharing

separate tab with all their infusions and the combination blasts.

You really want any AoE infusion and they're really good with dazzling/shatter/deadly carnage since it works with blasts.
Holy shit that's cool. Thanks for sharing.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
You could use "Show Unavailable" button in Infusion/Wild Talents list on level up to see everything present in the game for all elements.

Yeah, but I hate waiting for the talent to pop on level up before I can see whats available. Makes planning ahead hard.
There is a mod on nexus where you can level your characters to level 20. If that may interest you.
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/26

I've already got that. I'm modding out the wazoo. I'm giving all mercs 25 point buy because I shouldn't have to suffer due to not wanting to use Owlcat's 30 point buy morons with shit feat picks.

I set the max health option but it seemed to give me more than max; a ranger with 14 con should get 10 + 2 + 1 for favored class, so 13, but he gets 16. I didn't take the toughness feat or anything. Some bonus in there I'm not seeing.

Funposter

Arcane
Pathfinder's swarm mechanics are somewhat intuitive if the player takes the time to reflect upon how one might fight a 'swarm' of insects in real life, you can't carve up a swarm of insects easily with your longsword, that makes complete sense, swarms take extra damage from AOE, that makes complete sense, they swarm over you and crawl inside your armor so they autohit, that makes complete sense.

In REAL LIFE you could probably just step on them until they're all dead. If they made that as a mechanic, people wouldn't have complained so much.
You try stomping this shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWVw-j8eYSk

Skaven Corruption 100%

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom