Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demystifying the swarms meme, by anon.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
FYI poison immunity works even when you teleport to the first world during the season of the bloom.

So it had some use (but I guess it's a bug).

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
The boss by itself wasn't the issue. It's the corrupted dragon + having an unoptimized team that did it for me. I was using unoptimized story companions and a monk, which wasn't very fun. If you don't have a super min maxed party + paladin, you're fucked. Truly, Spawn and his dragon butt buddy are the true causal filter here.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If you want to see a game that integrates building a kingdom into actual gameplay in a way that actually matters and isn't a complete wreck of trash design and stupidity, check out Ni No Kuni 2. Then despair when you realize Owlcat couldn't figure out something a noob-tier JRPG nailed easily.
noob JRPGs do a lot of things right.

let me give you an example from one of I played recently. so the game is about collecting resources, right, and making items. things it had:

time system of days (some of the games also have time limit)/weekends/npc change location where they are
day and night system (stronger monsters appear during night)

some dungeon secret entrance opens during particular day of the week
weather system (you get unique stuff visiting areas during some weather)
retreat from combat option
one companion has a boost to chance to retreat from combat
there is item which boosts your chance to retreat from combat
you lose collected items if you die in combat
there is item that lowers penalty to losing items
there is item which allows sending some collected items back to base you can craft

FYI poison immunity works even when you teleport to the first world during the season of the bloom.

So it had some use (but I guess it's a bug).
if you mean 2 stage fight I think they kinda reworked it. you can now save/prebuff easier there.

The boss by itself wasn't the issue. It's the corrupted dragon + having an unoptimized team that did it for me. I was using unoptimized story companions and a monk, which wasn't very fun. If you don't have a super min maxed party + paladin, you're fucked. Truly, Spawn and his dragon butt buddy are the true causal filter here.
hm I disagree, dragon is the weakest part. his cold breath can be tanked fairly easily.

Spawn however has immence AC and various 1shot and debuff removing garbage and hard counters a lot of things seriously.

but yeah it's not for unoptimized parties, you need either someone who can do massive damage quickly like degenerate-haplo-inside-effect, or good AT/pair of ATs or Paladin. also items which drain AC work nicely.
also Guarded Hearth should help a lot against his death attacks or whatever.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
>hm I disagree, dragon is the weakest part. his cold breath can be tanked fairly easily.
Yeah but while you are focusing the dragon down, the retarded boss will spawn in his minions and will be casting AoEs.

>Spawn however has immence AC and various 1shot and debuff removing garbage and hard counters a lot of things seriously.
Not to mention his retarded mind debilitation AoEs. My monks got filtered by this asshole.

One time I got super close, but started to get unlucky with rolls. Then all of my team started to turn on each other, while my monk was still fighting the spawn. Eventually my party killed themselves, but monk was still alive punching the damn thing, until he got ganged on by those minions.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I mean the game threats the First World as part of Womb of Lamatsu. So if you already have Silverstep + researched Poison immunity you will have Poison immunity in the First World. Shadenuat

Shadenuat

Arcane
Not to mention his retarded mind debilitation AoEs
that's what Guarded Hearth should deal with ez. unless you roll lots of 1s.

I think if you want to hard counter spawn hard, bring cleric of erastil, paladin, and AT. paladin pops his ability which adds damage to rays as well, and you have bab and saving throws out of ur ass.

Yeah but while you are focusing the dragon down
I just ignored him until dealt with spawn. summoned a lot of garbage near him. skeletons I think, since they're cold immune.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Not to mention his retarded mind debilitation AoEs
that's what Guarded Hearth should deal with ez. unless you roll lots of 1s.
But no one can cast that in my party :(
Regardless, Spawn is indeed a filter for unoptimized parties. But meh, I enjoyed the other bosses. My favorite was the Wicked Chanter(She had a really good boss theme. Hearing her sing was amazing), and the Captor(This one took a few tries to figure out his mechanics.)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Captor, thanks god, has his mechanic written in the notes you collect. (unless you rolls lots of 1s and miss diaries notes and everything and the boss as well ffs)

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Captor, thanks god, has his mechanic written in the notes you collect. (unless you rolls lots of 1s and miss diaries notes and everything and the boss as well ffs)
Yup. I just casted guidance and scanned every single area until I got all the notes for him. The lore for the boss was great. I really enjoyed how if you kill one of them, the other will bring him back. Pretty fun boss. But it could be super frustrating if you didn't collect all the notes, and didn't read the notes.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
IMHO it's better to first kill the dragon, then the spawn.

I did it at lvl16 (no mind blank communal) before Pitax (bad idea,), everyone in my team had +3 weapons max, no alchemist nor paladin. I think I have reloaded 20 times before finally managing.

Better do it after Pitax, items and XP reward suck anyway.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
IMHO it's better to first kill the dragon, then the spawn.

I did it at lvl16 (no mind blank communal) before Pitax (bad idea), everyone in my team had +3 weapons max, no alchemist nor paladin. I think I have reloaded 20 times before finally managing.
Yeah I tried that, but the spawn will always spam me with AoEs. My party was just not opitmized for the fight on Unfair, and I REFUSE to build a super min maxxed party JUST for one single fight.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Mind Blank won't do that much with endgame equipment and the bonus is too weak for spawn. his DC is simply too high.

frankly a lot of DLC status effects are bullshito that go around all rules (like your skeletons can get confused). perhaps developers tried to make saving throws matter more, since they don't matter as much in main game; but then game doesn't really work well with countering effects with saving throws. there isn't anything like "this spell gives +10 sacred bonus against Charm Dominate by XYZ type of enemy" +easily available.

many things you can counter, but mind effects is 1 place you can't do anything hence Chanter can be a party wipe ez too.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I've seen youtube videos of people who beat the spawn, but not on unfair. I have yet to actually see anyone who could beat the spawn with an unoptimized party on unfair. I tried and got filtered.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Mind Blank won't do that much with endgame equipment and the bonus is too weak for spawn. his DC is simply too high.

frankly a lot of DLC status effects are bullshito that go around all rules (like your skeletons can get confused). perhaps developers tried to make saving throws matter more, since they don't matter as much in main game; but then game doesn't really work well with countering effects with saving throws. there isn't anything like "this spell gives +10 sacred bonus against Charm Dominate by XYZ type of enemy" +easily available.

many things you can counter, but mind effects is 1 place you can't do anything hence Chanter can be a party wipe ez too.
Paladins are immune to mind effects, I think?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
[QUOTE="ga♥, post: 6515028, member: 23197"
Yeah I tried that, but the spawn will always spam me with AoEs. My party was just not opitmized for the fight on Unfair, and I REFUSE to build a super min maxxed party JUST for one single fight.

You have to kill the dragon in like 1 round. If he lives more than 1 round reload. Then the Spawn has to die in like 2 rounds or 3 max. If it does not , its reload time.

What you mean you tried that? I think it would not be so hard at lvl 17/18 after Pitax with some Holy weapon (Reedemer?) and some DPS?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Paladins are immune to mind effects, I think?
To Fear and Charm, but DLC dungeon modifiers actually go through these immunities (they're like, corruption n shit)

in fact, I am not even sure pala would be immune to spawns autistic screeching, it might be unique scripted effect.

Efe

Erudite
this thread is all over the place, its like a birthday cake for infinitron and his thread splitting fetish

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
[QUOTE="ga♥, post: 6515028, member: 23197"

You have to kill the dragon in like 1 round. If he lives more than 1 round reload. Then the Spawn has to die in like 2 rounds or 3 max. If it does not , its reload time.

What you mean you tried that? I think it would not be so hard at lvl 17/18 after Pitax with some Holy weapon (Reedemer?) and some DPS?
Unfair makes that fight even more ridiculous. The party that I used was TSS Valerie, Jaethal Sword and Board Fighter, Monk Scaled Fist(pure), Jubilost Alchemist(Pure), Tiefling Twins, and finally Harrim the cleirc(pure). Suffice to say I quit after wasting 5 hours of reloading over and over again. I just couldn't do it, I don't want to build a super min maxed party just to win. You don't need to a min maxed party on Unfair, but Spawn takes it to a whole another level. So I left and never bothered with the DLC dungeon.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
What level were you? And before or after Pitax?
I'd switch Valerie with Amiri, get reedemer for Jaethal.
I guess you didn't pick Holy bombs with Jubilost? Then switch with Black archer man.
IDK about tiefling girls but everyone and their mother say they make the fight easier?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
What level were you? And before or after Pitax?
I don't remember level. But I don't think I hit level 20. I do remember failing then saving him for later. Then trying again at the end of the game, when green lettuce is sending waves of fey to your kingdom.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyways the fight is super gay on unfair.

I am curios now. Let's see if I can try with my party just before going to HATEOT by using a mod to reset the quest (ofc on unfair).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom