Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Der Geisterjäger -- the third dungeon crawler by Graverobber Foundation -- OUT NOW

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
You goons gave me an idea.

When you enter the room where the final boss is located, the game should fade to black and print '20 minutes later, the final boss died, kthxbai, see you next time'.

:troll:

lightbane

Arcane
^Never heard of that one manga until now, thanks for the link. I'll be checking it when I can. Although the plot has been done similarly countless times.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Although the plot has been done similarly countless times.
I finished it in less than a day and it was pretty good. The anime adaptation has a very 'interesting' ending...
It cuts you off right before the final battle by rolling the credits and telling you that the big bad died in 30 minutes, which caused massive butthurt among those who wanted a traditional ending.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Some new pre-release shots.

ss_bcb497f897f0d813ab5b8a088750a3bf79ccabd2.jpg

ss_294cf6b986db0508f6e228e3ca79b9a8ab2b1411.jpg

ss_054351a32aeb93822138bad00d6e720f578879f4.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Another gameplay preview for Der Geisterjäger, our new dungeon crawler.

Pilot your own mech, explore the dungeon set in a dying sci-fi world, and survive through harsh turn-based battles in this brutal dungeon crawler.

lightbane

Arcane
As for that manga:

Finally read the thing. It's indeed short, and people die pointlessly all the time. Women are pretty much depicted as sex-objects, up to fighting naked (literally!), the protagonist being an asshole to one and still bedding her. Realistic or plot-devices? Either way, this wouldn't fly nowadays... Or perhaps it would, as all of his motivation to fight is to avenge a woman though. Either way, it's not revolutionary, I've seen better works with similar plot. I noticed the protagonist seems to repeatedly bash against metallic walls, which was probably the inspiration for the bash mechanic in your game. He also has magical super-pain resistance where a broken wrist and knee does not impede him much.
As for the ending, honestly that cut out sounds like an improvement compared to the original thing. The protagonist survives what seemed to be a kill-fest and that's the only thing noteworthy.

I'll check the show later.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
As for that manga:

Finally read the thing. It's indeed short, and people die pointlessly all the time. Women are pretty much depicted as sex-objects, up to fighting naked (literally!), the protagonist being an asshole to one and still bedding her. Realistic or plot-devices? Either way, this wouldn't fly nowadays... Or perhaps it would, as all of his motivation to fight is to avenge a woman though. Either way, it's not revolutionary, I've seen better works with similar plot. I noticed the protagonist seems to repeatedly bash against metallic walls, which was probably the inspiration for the bash mechanic in your game. He also has magical super-pain resistance where a broken wrist and knee does not impede him much.
As for the ending, honestly that cut out sounds like an improvement compared to the original thing. The protagonist survives what seemed to be a kill-fest and that's the only thing noteworthy.

I'll check the show later.
I watched the anime and read the manga after DGS came out. I was (jokingly) talking about taking inspiration the way anime adaptation handled the ending.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Looks great but Geisterschiff will be my first entry into the series. These games look quite complex, good stuff zwanny. <3

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Demo updated to 1.0.0. This will be the last update before the full release.

NOTE: Due to changes to game data, saves made prior to this version will not be compatible with it or with the full version.

Changelog:
  • Added a short tutorial to the start of the game.
  • Added a turn indicator to the lower right corner of the screen.
  • Fixed occasional incorrect turning behavior while using the 'STAY' command.
  • Fixed broken Spy Drone graphics when it's in a destroyed state.
  • Fixed cases where fire modes that adjust accuracy/evasion didn't report these changes correctly.
  • Fixed incorrect printing of information in the Item Vendor.
  • Fixed weapon jamming not working properly.
  • Fixed rare crashes caused by a bug in the pathfinding system.
  • Fixed player getting detected by enemies when allied turrets attack them.
  • Adjusted pattern analysis speed.
  • Adjusted rewards from killing enemies (experience / credits).
  • Adjusted enemy identification speed.
  • Adjusted dust effects.
  • Adjusted camera shake.
  • Increased pathfinding speed.
  • Improved interface usability of the Repair Station and Item Vendor.
  • Additional fixes and improvements.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Coming August 26, 2021.

Pilot your own mech, explore the dungeon set in a dying sci-fi world, and survive through harsh turn-based battles in this brutal dungeon crawler.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
It's coming out in 3 days.

Initially I planned to make a small bottle episode that could be finished in a matter of months and offer a short but sweet campaign, but this project grew into a bigger and better game, and became another big step forward for the series in terms of mechanical complexity, design variety, and game size. The full list of additions and changes is hard to outline in a single post, but the systems improved to the point where you're no longer held back by the old upgrade system, and can come up with different and crazy builds to suit your playstyle. Dodgy assassin that snipes enemies from afar and uses the beam sword to slice those who get too close? Check. Shotgunner that uses the shield to soak damage and blasts enemies up close? Check. Ramming-focused build with heavy armor that boosts towards enemies and smashes them against walls? Also check. Of course, the viability of each build is up for debate, but now it's up to you to decide what you want to be and figure out how to get there.

This project was fun to work on, and I didn't have to make too many compromises along the way to meet deadlines or keep the project manageable. I ended up drafting early plans for three additional scenarios, but whether they materialize or not depends solely on sales at this point.

I hope you'll enjoy this game and have fun. Don't forget to leave a review on Steam if you liked it.

:positive:

lightbane

Arcane
Eagerly awaiting for a discount to buy it, or day 1 buy if it's cheap enough, then wait until the bugs are patched out. Will this time have an actual ending?

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
The first couple curator reviews are up :shittydog:

Der Geisterjäger is a brutal single-character dungeon crawler that provides a unique combination of first-person exploration with tactical combat.

Der Geisterjäger is a turn-based game in which you control a giant mech. You have a wide range of weapons and abilities to choose from. But there's a problem. You need to learn what to use and when

All recommended.

And an article in Brazilian Portuguese https://hu3br.com/der-geisterjager-um-dungeon-crawler-fascinante-e-cruel/

Hope sales are good!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom