Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Der Geisterturm - second cyberpunk wireframe dungeon crawler from Graverobber Foundation

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

I've decided to start a new thread for Der Geisterturm since the original thread was about Der Geisterfänger, a different scenario that will be resumed at a later date and I'd rather avoid any confusion between the two.

Der Geisterturm is a turn-based dungeon crawler and a spin-off to Das Geisterschiff. You wake up inside a mysterious tower and a mysterious guy commands you to climb to the top to get another chance at life.

For those 3.5 people who managed to complete the original, here's a quick list of what's changed compared to the original game:
  • Energy stat -- can be used as an additional source of ammo for your laser or the booster (quick dash forward) or shield (slight damage reduction from all sides) abilities;
  • Character progression -- RCS, weapons, and abilities require special upgrades you can find through exploration while pilot's stats improve as you play;
  • The pilot is present in the game and can be hurt if enemy attacks penetrate your armor;
  • Combat against multiple enemies, usually 2 or 3. One-on-one fights are still present once in a blue moon;
  • You can find ammo, armor and health items through exploration;
  • Workshops fully restore your DC, energy, and HP, but your max DC is reduced depending on how much damage you took (about 10% of the difference between your current and max DC);
  • Fire modes -- from boring stuff like single and aimed shots to more interesting stuff like energy blasts;
  • Combat stances -- you can focus on aiming/evasion/balance between the two depending on the situation;
  • Shots to the side or back can deal more damage + give the target evasion penalties, so using hit & run tactics is a viable option;
  • Damage types -- certain weapons work better against certain enemies, and you might want to adjust your tactics based on that (unless you enjoy suffering like a little shit);
  • Saving & loading is no longer limited;
  • Crapton of minor improvements to controls, graphics and whatnot that's too long to list here.

Before you hit the decline button, I ran a private test of the early game with a few bois and so far they seem to enjoy it.

The game is expected to come out @ early next year unless I get hit by a car during the unplanned trip to McDonald's. :positive:

79ghex8.png
D48LpC5.png
HUdKSqH.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbane

Arcane
Released a short soundtrack teaser. Get hyped, bois.

Sounds better than many of the songs of DG1. Instead of sounding like clunky wash machines hate-fucking each other, this time it sounds like proper music... However, it also sounds like a rabid animal fell into a blender at the start.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
The game is almost complete. I'm currently playtesting the second half of the main dungeon and finishing the scripted events, enemy graphics and starting another detail pass on the ingame areas while fixing micro-issues along the way.

It might release the full version *very* early next year. Stay tuned for news, bois, the future is metal.:positive:

shot_2019-12-06_15-24-00.png

Released a short soundtrack teaser. Get hyped, bois.

Sounds better than many of the songs of DG1. Instead of sounding like clunky wash machines hate-fucking each other, this time it sounds like proper music... However, it also sounds like a rabid animal fell into a blender at the start.
Sounds like decline to me. I should throw in an extra track or two that sounds like a hateful orgy of bulldozers, refrigerators and washing machines, otherwise, the fanbase of the original will be disappointed. :M

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I'm still playtesting the game and tying up loose ends. Might reach 1.0 by Christmas and spend the pre-release time on additional polish and promotional stuff.
Preparing to launch the Steam page sometime @ early January. Stay tuned, boys.

miIx6fc.png

Swigen

Arbiter
Will this game be properly optimized for a GeForce 1050 Ti? Whether or not I purchase a game lately has hinged on whether it takes advantage of the extra eye candy possible thanks to my new GeForce 1050 Ti.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Almost forgot to post some gnomeplay.

Will this game be properly optimized for a GeForce 1050 Ti? Whether or not I purchase a game lately has hinged on whether it takes advantage of the extra eye candy possible thanks to my new GeForce 1050 Ti.
Sure, it will run the game on minimum settings, because cool boys have already switched to RTX.

What, you don't own an RTX card? Life must be tough for you. :positive:

On a serious note, having a powerful graphics card will allow you to crank up anti-aliasing to enjoy smoother and cleaner lines.

lightbane

Arcane
On a serious note, having a powerful graphics card will allow you to crank up anti-aliasing to enjoy smoother and cleaner lines.
Literally, because the game is like that and doesn't have real graphics.
Also, the video shows how annoying and embarrassing it must be to pilot a sci-fi combat robot that lacks a humble flashlight of some kind for these dark corridors. Even the Doom 3 marine knew how to use one.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Literally, because the game is like that and doesn't have real graphics.
Also, the video shows how annoying and embarrassing it must be to pilot a sci-fi combat robot that lacks a humble flashlight of some kind for these dark corridors. Even the Doom 3 marine knew how to use one.
This is an adaptation of 'NO SIGNAL' areas from DG1. Robots got better since your vision isn't cockblocked and the interference only limits your vision. :positive:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Almost forgot to post some gnomeplay.

Sure, it will run the game on minimum settings, because cool boys have already switched to RTX.

What, you don't own an RTX card? Life must be tough for you. :positive:

That soundtrack! Love it.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Forgot to mention that standing in one place and spamming quick attacks is no longer a viable option. There are quite a few cases where doing so will only let the enemies surround you and turn you into their bitch. :positive:

EL_2R3vW4AQ4_Fk

lightbane

Arcane
The game with no color and no ending returns!
Didn't the Codex complain a lot about how Fallout 3 had monochromatic scenarios? Why is this one given a pass when everything is blue? :troll:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
can't wait to play, DAS REICHGESICHERSAMSEIT

it's truly the GOTY

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom