Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Describe a game in such a way that it's impossible to guess what it actually is. Others guess.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
facepalm.png
What? Heart is an organ.

I was facepalming myself for not getting it.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
What has no weight, can be seen with the naked eye, and if you put it in a hole, it will make the hole lighter?
I think the dungeon is talking to me.
Are you sure the compass is pointing in the right direction?
Hang on, the Vorpal Sword doesn't do any more damage than a regular sword. I've been had! Oh, wait, it can do that...? Muahahaha!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
In this game, you discover that not only are you the patient zero for your own species, but also the progenitor (gasp!) of your own entire race. Something you are none too pleased about.
Second hint: Quite probably the best "Little N Large" pairing in the history of RPGs. Kevin Phillips & Niall Quinn would be quite proud. That is if their job was mangling & assassinating people instead of banging goals in on weekly basis.
Third hint: Everybody EXPECTS the Spanish Inquisition!

The smaller one got a spin-off series.
Of Orcs and Men.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You have to stay overnight in No Man's Land. Fortunately, magnets will always bring you home.

Hint: During your quest to become King of the land, a red shirt meets his tragic end.

Hint 2: During your quest to become King of the land, a great work is mysteriously destroyed.

Hint 3: You have the chance to save a lost soul from the Underworld. Will you choose darkness or light? Love, redemption, or something else?

Edit: Solved by Fowyr: Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire.

Last edited:
In this game, you discover that not only are you the patient zero for your own species, but also the progenitor (gasp!) of your own entire race. Something you are none too pleased about.
Second hint: Quite probably the best "Little N Large" pairing in the history of RPGs. Kevin Phillips & Niall Quinn would be quite proud. That is if their job was mangling & assassinating people instead of banging goals in on weekly basis.
Third hint: Everybody EXPECTS the Spanish Inquisition!
Of Orcs and Men
Edit: Oh, it was already answered.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
You have to stay overnight in No Man's Land. Fortunately, magnets will always bring you home.

Hint: During your quest to become King of the land, a red shirt meets his tragic end.

Hint 2: During your quest to become King of the land, a great work is mysteriously destroyed.

Hint 3: You have the chance to save a lost soul from the Underworld. Will you choose darkness or light? Love, redemption, or something else?
QfG5

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
What has no weight, can be seen with the naked eye, and if you put it in a hole, it will make the hole lighter?
Hang on, the Vorpal Sword doesn't do any more damage than a regular sword. I've been had! Oh, wait, it can do that...? Muahahaha!
The player characters in this game are weird, we have the duke of a group of religious fanatics, a Playboy Playmate, a viking, and possibly the ultimate evil.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The player characters in this game are weird, we have the duke of a group of religious fanatics, a Playboy Playmate, a viking, and possibly the ultimate evil.

This better be a game I haven't played. :rpgcodex:

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Cthulhu saves the world?
Grotesque Tactics? (one of them)

Sharpedge

Prophet
  1. You are already dead, you just are not aware of it yet.
  2. If you had done nothing, nothing bad would have happened.
  3. An over-reliance on medical substances could lead to an undesirable outcome.
  4. Your companions include a mercenary and a corpse.
  5. Everyone is going mad and its your job to stop it.
  6. The main plot is heavily influenced by Carl Jung's idea that humanity has a collective consciousness (seriously, this clue is damn obvious).
  7. The protagonist has daddy issues.
  8. You begin the game as a shipwreck survivor and depending on your choices, you can end the game in a very similar way.
  9. Give me a nice crisp piece of meat.
Mods fixed it.
  1. Will she, nil she, the Lady of the Tower at Charm is at war with her husband once more.
  2. Croaker is a companion, the Limper is missing and there is only a sex changed knockoff version of Soulcatcher.
Belief grants power.

vazha

Arcane
  1. You are already dead, you just are not aware of it yet.
  2. If you had done nothing, nothing bad would have happened.
  3. An over-reliance on medical substances could lead to an undesirable outcome.
  4. Your companions include a mercenary and a corpse.
  5. Everyone is going mad and its your job to stop it.
  6. The main plot is heavily influenced by Carl Jung's idea that humanity has a collective consciousness (seriously, this clue is damn obvious).
  7. The protagonist has daddy issues.
  8. You begin the game as a shipwreck survivor and depending on your choices, you can end the game in a very similar way.
  9. Give me a nice crisp piece of meat.
Mods fixed it.
  1. Will she, nil she, the Lady of the Tower at Charm is at war with her husband once more.
  2. Croaker is a companion, the Limper is missing and there is only a sex changed knockoff version of Soulcatcher.
Belief grants power.
First got to be Enderal? Crisp piece of meat gave it away I think ))

Sharpedge

Prophet
First got to be Enderal? Crisp piece of meat gave it away I think ))
Correct and yeah I thought it did as well. I was running out of ways I could describe the game without saying anything about it tbh, I was surprised nobody guessed it sooner.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom