Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Describe a game in such a way that it's impossible to guess what it actually is. Others guess.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
A complete set of Elf bones.

vazha

Arcane
Your father was a demon, you are a demon, your compadre is a demon, the big baddies are demons. And all because God willed so.
The Cursed Crusade?
What on Earth even is that?
A Francojank action / adventure thingie with rpg elements, bonkers story and top notch atmosphere. Think of Knights of the Temple, but enjoyable. Failed rather miserably at sales, planned sequel never happened.

As for the hints:

First hint: Your father was a demon, you are a demon, your compadre is a demon, the big baddies are demons. And all because God willed so. - You, your father, your only companion and the important baddies are all cursed for doing committing some high lvl sacrilege in Jerusalem. You're basically turning into a hellspawn (think of Bound by Flame). God willed so - Deus Vult, crusades.

Second hint: November has a special place in your heart. - Your only companion and trusty old friend is called Esteban Noviembre. Noviembre = November.

Third hint: There is precisely one (read:token) Black person in the game, but he's the goodest of them all. You still got to beat him up like there's no tomorrow though. - The head of the Varangian Guards and local arena champion is a black man (strangely enough, with a Greek name, instead of Nubia/Ethiopian/Whatever), who also happens to be protected by the divine.

but hats off to Gradenmayer , got it in one.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
Guilty as charged ))

Anyways, here's another game for you folks to guess:

Remove all combat and this would probably be Umberto Eco's favourite game ever, period.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
In a post-apocalyptic Earth, I have killed a Lesbian warrior to obtain thousands of New American Dollars, which I can exchange into real money at a bank on the top floor of the dungeon.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
It's a long road to duke it out with medieval Darth Vader. Start by flinging rocks and stuff at bugs and goblins.
This is not Legend but Oona's still gonna help you.
Animated video paperdolls don't look that great.
sk-3034.png

Guys, I am disappoint.

Covenant

Savant

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
In a post-apocalyptic Earth, I have killed a Lesbian warrior to obtain thousands of New American Dollars, which I can exchange into real money at a bank on the top floor of the dungeon.
The local big bad (of which there are many) has sent a small snake to tell me she's going to do horrible things to me when we meet.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The local big bad (of which there are many) has sent a small snake to tell me she's going to do horrible things to me when we meet.

Super 3-D Noah's Ark?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Moraff's something? Moraff's Dungeon? I remember that some of these games had New American Dollars.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom