Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Describe a game in such a way that it's impossible to guess what it actually is. Others guess.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Last edited:

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, off topic, why did all my alerts disappear? Only got Rick roll now. Some punishment for being inactive?

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Got my party all set-up, two assassins, two serial killers, and a strip club bouncer. Time to save the country!
Saving the country can wait, I have to kill a bunch of hillbillies.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Game 1:

Game 2:
In pleasant conservation, you can undo the main villain. But it's not even the finale yet.

HINT: The irony.

Arcanum. The irony is that they think you are the chosen one, but you find out what a bunch of BS that is when you find someone who is very much alive.

Game 4:
Some people go to any length to avoid paying debts.

Hint: In the end you must surrender to your destiny.

Planescape: Torment. The ending with accepting the Blood War that is fated for you.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
There's a disease going around that causes insomnia...you know, I've never seen anybody sleep.

plem

Learned
Game 2:
In pleasant conservation, you can undo the main villain. But it's not even the finale yet.

HINT: The irony.

Mass Effect 1
you can persuade Saren

Game 6:
You better run and hide and find the five-star. or else it's back to square one.

Hint: Not an rpg. But eh.. Go mad from the revelations.

Outer Wilds
if not, then Disco Elysium? with the five-star being your badge

Sharpedge

Prophet
  1. Will she, nil she, the Lady of the Tower at Charm is at war with her husband once more.
  2. Croaker is a companion, the Limper is missing and there is only a sex changed knockoff version of Soulcatcher.
  3. Belief grants power.
  4. You undertake upon an epic quest to undermine your own professional career.
  5. The story is cut off an entire act before it should end.

This game is not obscure at all, I am just being an obnoxious asshole using clues based off of the book that its plot was lifted off of.

dacencora

1. Will she, nil she, the Lady of the Tower at Charm is at war with her husband once more.
  2. Croaker is a companion, the Limper is missing and there is only a sex changed knockoff version of Soulcatcher.
  3. Belief grants power.

This game is not obscure at all, I am just being an obnoxious asshole using clues based off of the book that its plot was lifted off of.
The last two points make me think of Tyranny, but I’ve never heard of this book you’re talking about.

Kruyurk

Learned
The book is The Black Company by Glen Cook. No idea about the game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
  3. Belief grants power.

The last two points make me think of Tyranny, but I’ve never heard of this book you’re talking about.

Black Company. Argued as the inspiration for Tyranny.

dacencora

3. Belief grants power.

Cool, thanks! Might have to check that out. Not a popular opinion on the Codex but I enjoyed Tyranny a great deal, despite all its flaws. A book with a similar premise sounds cool.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
  3. Belief grants power.

I love those books, by the way. After seeing the first two lines, I was doing a google search for Black Company CRPG and nothing was coming up. For those interested, Black Company is Vietnam in high fantasy from the perspective of the grunt mercs.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Yes, the game was Tyranny and the books were the Black Company. The books are significantly better than the game.
Croaker = Lantry.
Soulcatcher = Voices of Nerat.
The Taken = The Archons.
The Lady = Kyros.

In the first 2 books the black company basically helps the Lady take control of the entire continent they are on. At the end of the 2nd book they turn on her, similar to how the fatebinder in this story suddenly turns on Kyros.

There are plenty of other parallels as well, the only difference is that in the novels the story was actually good and made sense.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Yes, the game was Tyranny and the books were the Black Company. The books are significantly better than the game.
Croaker = Lantry.
Soulcatcher = Voices of Nerat.
The Taken = The Archons.
The Lady = Kyros.

In the first 2 books the black company basically helps the Lady take control of the entire continent they are on. At the end of the 2nd book they turn on her, similar to how the fatebinder in this story suddenly turns on Kyros.

There are plenty of other parallels as well, the only difference is that in the novels the story was actually good and made sense.

Soulcatcher is one of my favorite all-time villains. I especially like how when Soulcatcher speaks, the voice changes to the different souls that have been taken before, and then Soulcatcher will suddenly laugh with from a deep, laughing baritone to an old woman's chuckle and everything in between. So damn creepy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom