Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Design your own level challenge.

Codex Year of the Donut
how to do design a good level:

step 1. pirate good tabletop RPG adventures(anything by Judges Guild)
step 2. copy their levels
step 3. claim it as your own and give no credit(important!)

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Yea, it's work in progress, and I guess the map ended up looking just like the graph, which makes it look kind of boring. I need a more creative layout I guess.
Here I am testing the level,

FriendlyMerchant

You're missing the hydroponic Turnip farm. Please add one to your dungeon.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
1662663912568.jpg

Notice how you're trapped from the beginning on, and that the map is a dead end? That's you on game design. No matter how hard you try, you will never reach the goal.

J1M

Arcane
I am not aware of any other games where the level ends when you find a chest. Usually a portal marks the exit. (Door, stairway, magical hole)

Making the destination something that players can't predict the direction of eliminates that gameplay. And the option to subvert it.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
I am not aware of any other games where the level ends when you find a chest. Usually a portal marks the exit. (Door, stairway, magical hole)

Making the destination something that players can't predict the direction of eliminates that gameplay. And the option to subvert it.
It doesn't end with a chest, but with a "Drop pit" or some other type of exit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom