Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Detention Delving (CYOA)

Jester

Arbiter
da

lightbane

Arcane
:hmmm:
I didn't know what to expect when I checked this CYOA. A forgotten, deadly and extremely illegal dungeon (at least outside of Britain according to Roald Dahl), located in the basement of a school is certainly a fresh and funny setting.
What I find it hard to believe is the fact that feral bullies can be easily defeated by just standing still and ignoring them. Real life is not that easy. :negative:

Having said that, I vote for BD.

Cheesecake

Savant
Rifling through the patched leather-and-cloth bag, you find nothing but wrinkled papers. Closer inspection reveals handwriting; neat and tidy at first, but progressively it devolves into a hasty scribble, then a frantic scrawl. The last few pages are blank. The contents seem to be a mix of every subject, intertwined and interwoven into an incomprehensible mix of essay and multiple choice.

"Miss Katherine, come take a look at this.... It's homework."

"Little busy here, Harold. Come on you...." she grunts under her breath.

Shuffling the homework into a little pile, you get up off the cold floor and walk over to her. You kneel over and attempt to help her start the fire. Except you don't know how to. After a solid fifteen minutes of interfering, Miss Katherine sighs, exasperated.

"Um, Harold, I'll take care of it. I appreciate the help, though." Blushing, you walk away, pretending to bury your face in the pile of homework, but actually trying to hide yourself. It isn't much linger when she finishes, and you resurface your face, trying to look composed.

Ash-caked and sweaty, Miss Katherine suggests that you guys call it a night. She volunteers to keep first watch.

You:

A. Agree. Let her keep watch first.
B. Volunteer to keep watch first instead. She's probably exhausted from exploring the labyrinth and making the fire.
C. Ask if you both should just stay up. It's probably not that late.
D. Volunteer to do your share and explore outside. If it really is late, then logically the bullies out there must be a sleep.

lightbane

Arcane
D. We can defend ourselves from any lurking bullies by... Standing still. :lol:

Cheesecake

Savant
Eager to prove yourself after that embarrassing mishap, you puff your chest and gather your courage. "I'll go out to explore some more. If it really is late, most of the bullies should be-" snooooreee. You're cut off by the gentle snoring of Miss Katherine.

Dusting yourself off, you crawl through a small crack and begin your delving of the detention labyrinth. Strangely, despite there being no entryway for light of any kind, the halls are always tantalizingly dim; bright enough to see, dark enough to always keep the hairs on your arms tingling. You keep your footsteps as soft as possible. Beads of sweat glistening on your nose threaten to make your glasses slip at any moment. Mustering your strength, however, you push on.

After a good fifteen minutes of turning through the snakelike labyrinth, you happen upon a few packets of gum. Taking one and chewing, you are disgusted by the bitter taste. You spit and move on. Not a few steps later, you find a dead bully! This one is much more different than the one you encountered before; instead of big, this was small, and instead of brutish this looked cunning. Pushing its long, frazzled hair away from its face, you see a sticky, black substance clogging its mouth - gum.

You hear the clink of footsteps, and a raucous noise off in the distance. A waft of something delicious entices you. Following it, you see through a small crack in the wall what looks like a village! You can't see much, but you can tell that there's at least more than fifty people in there.

You:

A. Call out and greet them.
B. Try to sneak in.
C. Go back to Miss Katherine and tell her.
D. Keep exploring.

Baltika9

Arcane
C, don't like her being asleep and alone. We've gathered enough intel for now and we know what this village is.

wjw

Augur
I still can't believe the Codex left here while she dozed off. C.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
don't like her being asleep and alone
FTFY.

I still can't believe the Codex left here while she dozed off.
Her fault for falling asleep when we went adventuring. Didn't she want to keep watch? If something happens to her, it could have happened to us, too!

So keep exploring and hopw roewur ne. D.

wjw

Augur
Her fault for falling asleep when we went adventuring. Didn't she want to keep watch? If something happens to her, it could have happened to us, too!

I can't believe you misinterpreted the Codex's intentions, Nevill. She fell asleep. There was much our character could've learned. So much XP lost...

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I voted to stay awake and pretend to keep watch, I did! It's all on you guys! :argh:

First shafted on the Casanova character, and now this! Let the villagers snack on her for all I care! :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom