Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DetoNation

Paxton

Novice
Game's about shooting and collecting stuff. What do you think? I've been thinking about making a deus ex -like rpg shell for this. Perks at least.

NOTE: The demo is out of content when you run out of enemies to kill. https://jtr.itch.io/detonation

i0IRhEU.png

Last edited:

Norfleet

Art resolution seems a little disjointed. The key, health pack, and whatever those two little things are, clearly have a higher pixel resolution than everything else.

Barrishimi

NecroCatic Games
Developer
Played it for a little bit. The game is definitely about shooting and collecting stuff. Can confirm! I think the SMG is pretty gnarly and the shotgun is satisfying to kill with. Overall, it wasn't too bad searching through garbage cans and some buildings for keys and other things. The grenades are pretty devastating too, which I found out by blowing myself up... lol. Thanks for sharing!!

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Art resolution seems a little disjointed. The key, health pack, and whatever those two little things are, clearly have a higher pixel resolution than everything else.

yeah that stood out to me as well. Everything needs to be a consistent resolution with pixel art. If you want to make something stand out just use a contrast between Dithered objects and non-dithered easiest way to do it. The UI is ugly.. poor font choice and no visuals.

on my end the game launches in full screen and is all janked to hell I would recommend doing what I do with my games and just booting the game in Windowed mode so the player can set their preferences first. If possible default to borderless window and use the desktop res but not all engines support that.

The game needs a melee option by far some melee weapons would go a long way for playstyle choice.

Change medkits to a hold and wait timer would help avoid accidental popping of medkit - myself I'm a fan of Kojima's Ration model for things like that where the game just automatically uses a medkit once you dip below a certain health.

If capable I'd add ZLayers to the game that way you can do multifloor buildings and dungeons I feel like that's missing. Remember its been 30+ years since Ultima we no longer need to limit ourselves to a 2D Array if we want Z axis we can do it the hardware will take it like a champ.

I think you nailed the Enter the Gungeon/Nuclear Throne feel pretty well and its the games strongest point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom