Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Alphons

Cipher
I still have to play MD, but is the cellphone game adaptation any good?

One-third of a weak mobile action game.

Down in the bin with Invisible War.

Daud

Literate
I don't remember having a real problem with the writing. I think the idea of the "father of augments" regretting his decision like Oppenheimer and trying to destroy the technology like that was a neat idea.
If you use CASIE, he reveals that he initiated the not-zombie rampage worldwide because he was butthurt he couldn't use augs himself like most people, only to realize what he did and regretting it. Still felt weak and forced, but that's nothing compared to the super-computer powered by the souls brains and bodies of LITTLE GIRLS! (tm) that was HR's final boss. The augs conveniently needing a drug to work was probably a plot of the Illuminati, which was already self-destructing while Bob Page was slowly but surely taking over. I still have to play MD, but is the cellphone game adaptation any good?
You mean The Fall? Even mobile players hate it. I didn't bother as I don't play on mobile and Deus Ex is a PC franchise.

What is strange is that nobody in the world finds strange that pretty much all augs go insane just after an official update, that is just shit writing, the pressure to find a culprit would be insane and people wouldnt be so retarded to treat aug people as second class people without even questioning the companies that made the augs in the first place and wanting the heads of the owners, it would be crazy pitchfork mobs everywhere.

This bit of shitty writing makes the whole background plot of MD really strange and hard to buy into.
The "Aug Incident" was a dreadful writing decision and Eidos Montreal's biggest mistake in their prequel series. Nevermind the "who" and the "why", the "how" is just as farfetched in terms of a mechanical arm giving the user a sudden case of the techno-rabies. Basically, it's just a digital spin on the zombie virus motif, and there's little more to be said for it.
the problem is not *in* "the incident" but in "look how easy it would be to destroy humanity if we keep going along this path". after all already "rock and roll" and "dungeons and dragons" were supposed to destroy humanity, and if some songs and a tabletop game can, i suppose something as deep and complicated as replacing body parts surely will.

HansDampf

Arcane
Still felt weak and forced, but that's nothing compared to the super-computer powered by the souls brains and bodies of LITTLE GIRLS! (tm) that was HR's final boss.
lol I always forget about this part. Comes out of nowhere. Doesn't lead to anything. Or does it? I haven't played MD.

lightbane

Arcane
It is expanded on in the Missing Link DLC.
True, but it's still too little, and too late.

Funnily enough it's the best boss of the game due behaving like a "proper" Deus Ex encounter, with multiple solutions to kill said super-computer.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Turning people into living computer processors is a pretty cyberpunk idea I don't mind, but yes it kind of came out of nowhere at the end. The Human Revolution developers have commented frequently on how rushed that production was toward the end, necessitating the shitty ending choices and outsourcing of boss encounters among other things. That the core game is so solid is a testament to how well they did at making a "game like that" for a AAA studio in the 2010s.

Gargaune

Magister
"proper" Deus Ex encounter

dx-mirrors2.jpg

fuck this shitty fucking shit of shitfuck. in a single bite it ate both "pacifist" and "foxiest of the hounds". no, no killswitches, no escape through drones, no anything. only bugs.
and i can't even skip credits.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yep, the credits are like 17 minutes long and you can't skip them even on subsequent playthroughs.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I needed to play something remotely decent and cyberpunkish because CP2077 was shite ... and Deus Ex: HR is not half bad (besides the retarded combat, story and ending).

The levels are huge, you can pick shit from the floor and you can drop shit on the floor without retarded glitches, the AI is bad but much better than CP2077, you can upgrade weapons, you can explore without retarded phone calls, loot never goes full retard and so on.

Another funny thing is that the visuals are uncluttered and much more enjoyable than CP2077. The game is mediocre at best but still better than CP2077.

C6D83418F84CC44AB8D7DA6AE24789E794D43A9E

87A790A2D1CCF5046675A4017F8828A0C750DABA

8D48BDB29C457833710ECF543C8EE90D4368C397

8D54528360D675DA3B4618D389A5CF53E93845CD

F21112344C9C686B311D420102511AF2F54A2247

75AC9A0F07C6E9012E04BCB90348FA4B6F8C7A1C

C063ED816F81F541BF60B65FC842AE0E7C8C61FF

FC8819303B65BC431FE3BACB93412FFBE85F7959

Unfortunately I don't think I have patience for DX: MD because of the entire story happens around Prague ... but who knows. I will give it a try.

DeepOcean

Arcane
If you tolerate HR, MD is more of the same and while at first, you will miss globe hopping, because they only made a single hub, Prague is actually alot more detailed than Detroit and Shangai. The story is as shitty if not more as there is zero interesting characters, I played this game for dozens of hours and I cant remember the name of the Task Force 29 director and the main villain leader for example, they are that remarkable but exploring Prague alone was enough for me.

kangaxx

Arbiter
I now get really weird resolution problems when trying to play this in exclusive full screen... it gets completely squashed. The issue doesn't occur in windowed full screen. None of the fixes that appear online are relevant to this because I'm just trying to play 1440p in the max native resolution for the monitor anyway.

What absolute crap...

Gargaune

Magister
I now get really weird resolution problems when trying to play this in exclusive full screen... it gets completely squashed. The issue doesn't occur in windowed full screen. None of the fixes that appear online are relevant to this because I'm just trying to play 1440p in the max native resolution for the monitor anyway.

What absolute crap...
Talking about DX4 here? Maybe have a look in your nVidia Control Panel -> Display -> Adjust Desktop Size And Position and try different settings there. The window manager in Windows 10 seems to have a few gremlins loose, and I get the best results with Aspect Ratio and scaling on the GPU, it's worth experimenting. This primarily concerns old games, but I've noticed that, in recent years, developers have been neglecting Full Screen in favour of Borderless, e.g. Cyberpunk's photomode breaks for me in the former.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom