Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Cyberpunk is a PR disaster, though, so I doubt anyone is looking to copy it.

No problem, as anyone who has an MBA can tell you, just make it more woke. Instant success and if it's not, it's woke so you will never be criticized for it.

Win/win/win

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Finished this the other day, good game. Loved Pargue.
Are the DLC missions worth it? Breach mode?
Next im installing Deus Ex 1, last time i played it was 20 years ago.

J1M

Arcane
I liked the one about infiltrating the bank. Possibly because sneaking into the bank was my favorite area in the base game.

Gerrard

Arcane
I liked the one about infiltrating the bank. Possibly because sneaking into the bank was my favorite area in the base game.
I thought that was the part where the stupidity of the AI was the most immersion breaking.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Maybe they've focused on Avengers first and now that is done they'll start new Deus Ex. People say it was shelved but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Last i heard, EIDOS Montreal was moved into another shitty project instead of Deus Ex after the Avengers game. So, no sequel anytime soon. And to be honest, it has already been 5 years and the sequel is not even in pre production. Let's face it, the series is dead. Square sucks.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DLC's: Yes. The prison one (A Criminal Past) is very good, the bank one (System Rift) is good. The third one (Desperate Measures) is just a cut mission from the game, it's not bad but it's so short it would have been fairer to name it "bonus map" or something.

Breach Mode: No. Remember the gameplay inside the NSN (the computer simulation) where you moved around cubes and the environment kinda looked like a Portal test chamber? It's just more of that, but with additions such as enemies.
I tried it a few years ago and it felt very much like a mobile game. A pointless addition meant to farm mictrotransaction money.

Gargaune

Magister
Let's face it, the series is dead.
IPs with DX's cachet seldom stay dead in this industry. Though given the state of AAA today, I wouldn't mind if this one stayed dormant a while longer. I live in constant fear of that eventual "modern remake of the original Deus Ex" tweet.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
i think the jensen trilogy is probably dead but eventually they will go back to the original deus ex to either remaster it, remake it or reboot it. honestly it might be for the better too, they clearly don't know what to do with the story anymore in the new deus ex games. the augs vs normies thing is just lame and because they keep making prequels they can't really do something cool because they are tied to the original game's canon. i want conspiracies back. i like jensen but jc is the better protag overall.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I liked Jensen in MD more than in the first game. Not being tied down to that baggage girlfriend of his did wonders for his personality.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
I liked Jensen in MD more than in the first game. Not being tied down to that baggage girlfriend of his did wonders for his personality.

Typical real world character development: At first you are a simp, then you get betrayed and realize the real nature of women.

i think jensen would have had a very interesting three acts character arc if they would make a third nu deus ex game

human revolution -> jensen gets betrayed by his model girlfriend
mankind divided -> jensen rejects the true dark nature of female sexuality entirely and goes into voluntary celibacy
third game -> jensen achieves ascension by realizing there are better alternatives like his cute, brown, tomboy pilot girlfriend faridah and his AI waifu eliza

you guys saved faridah in human revolution right?

Beowulf

Arcane
you guys saved faridah in human revolution right?

Yes.
That mission really shows that they designed and playtested the game to make all the playstyles viable, even ghost/pacifist run.

But honestly, it was doable, but I'm pretty sure I had to really abuse the AI to get through it without being spotted, not killing anyone, and saving her in time.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I also saved her ghosting and pacifist. I had to abuse the cloaking augment while stuffing my face with energy bars and use typhoon on the robot (I think you can also throw explosive barrels at it?). You are really pressed for time and you have to rush like crazy.

Alphons

Cipher
Let's face it, the series is dead.

IMG-20210805-124507.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom