Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Deus Ex: The Fall to be released on PC on March 25th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Deus Ex: The Fall; Eidos Montreal; Square Enix

As you may have heard, Eidos Montreal released a mobile-exclusive spinoff of Deux Ex: Human Revolution last year, by the name of Deus Ex: The Fall. We don't do mobile games here on the Codex, but now they've made the wise (and predictable) choice of bringing it to the PC. From the Square Enix company blog:

Following last year’s release on mobile devices, we’re really happy to now announce that Deus Ex: The Fall is coming to Steam on March 25.

The game’s been adapted for the PC, meaning (of course) full keyboard/mouse controls, but also a whole bunch of other little bits too - so if you didn’t fancy dipping into Ben Saxon’s story previously, now would be an eminently sensible time to reconsider. After all, the game was produced with the original creative team from the superb Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and there's the small matter of new tracks penned by none other than Michael McCann...

The Steam version will sell for £7.99/€9.99/$9.99, but if you pre-order the game now (or grab it for a limited time after launch) you’ll also get the original Deus Ex – Game of the Year Edition as well, for free... and if you’ve already have DE:GOTY, you’ll be able to gift it to somebody else instead!

So what’s on the complete feature list, compared to last year's mobile version of the game?
  • No in-game purchase options
  • 28 Steam achievements
  • Adjusted AI
  • Steam Trading Cards, Badges and (TBC)
  • Revised tutorial
  • Full keyboard and Mouse control optimisation
  • Rebalanced game economy taking into account no IAP
  • Microsoft Controller support
  • Removal of auto target options
  • Reduction in aiming recital size
  • Choice in cover style as DXHR (HOLD or Toggle)
  • Resolution options
  • Anti Aliasing option
  • Vsync
  • Control maps for keyboard and gamepad
So while Eidos-Montreal continues to work on the hugely exciting plans for Deus Ex Universe and a full-on, triple-A Deus Ex game, you should definitely jump into Deus Ex: The Fall while you wait…​

Nice. I doubt this game is as good as DX:HR, but hey, the price is right.

Septaryeth

Augur
Mobile to PC, no high expectation there.
I wonder......This($10), or Shadowrun Returns DLC($15)?

Angthoron

Arcane
Mobile to PC, no high expectation there.
I wonder......This($10), or Shadowrun Returns DLC($15)?
Well, KS sent me a free copy of Berlin campaign for some reason. Gotta check out what the gameplay of this is though. To Youtubes!

Angthoron

Arcane

How far have we fallen that this is now a major selling point.
Not far enough for the opposite to become one, thankfully.
To be fair, I understand that iOS ports are basically "as is", so they have all sorts of shitty "monetization" options still enabled. What they're trying to say is that they're actually making a proper PC port, I guess.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aiming recital. Square Enix doesn't have somebody to proofread?

Gozma

Arcane
I wonder what the strategy with trying to repeatedly offer DX:HR so cheap that every human being on Earth has it in their Steam library is? Trying to up the long term value of the franchise with wide penetration?

(still haven't played it)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Great. I feel dirty just watching the trailers.

I don't claim that there are no good mobile titles (there are), but this does not seem like one of them. It just feels wrong.

deuxhero

Arcane
I bought HR and couldn't play it even with the mod to turn off the piss filter because the lighting is still too harsh for my eyes. No chance I'm making that mistake twice.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
I bought HR and couldn't play it even with the mod to turn off the piss filter because the lighting is still too harsh for my eyes. No chance I'm making that mistake twice.

You're supposed to wear sunglasses while playing. Player dress ups was going to be the next big thing in roleplaying.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected

That piss filter actually stopped me from buying.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Deus Ex: The Fall; Eidos Montreal; Square Enix

As you may have heard, Eidos Montreal released a mobile-exclusive spinoff of Deux Ex: Human Revolution last year, by the name of Deus Ex: The Fall. We don't do mobile games here on the Codex, but now they've made the wise (and predictable) choice of bringing it to the PC. From the Square Enix company blog:

Following last year’s release on mobile devices, we’re really happy to now announce that Deus Ex: The Fall is coming to Steam on March 25.

The game’s been adapted for the PC, meaning (of course) full keyboard/mouse controls, but also a whole bunch of other little bits too - so if you didn’t fancy dipping into Ben Saxon’s story previously, now would be an eminently sensible time to reconsider. After all, the game was produced with the original creative team from the superb Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and there's the small matter of new tracks penned by none other than Michael McCann...

The Steam version will sell for £7.99/€9.99/$9.99, but if you pre-order the game now (or grab it for a limited time after launch) you’ll also get the original Deus Ex – Game of the Year Edition as well, for free... and if you’ve already have DE:GOTY, you’ll be able to gift it to somebody else instead!

So what’s on the complete feature list, compared to last year's mobile version of the game?
  • 28 Steam achievements
  • Adjusted AI
  • Steam Trading Cards, Badges and (TBC)
  • Revised tutorial
  • Full keyboard and Mouse control optimisation
  • Rebalanced game economy taking into account no IAP
  • Microsoft Controller support
  • Removal of auto target options
  • Reduction in aiming recital size
  • Choice in cover style as DXHR (HOLD or Toggle)
  • Resolution options
  • Anti Aliasing option
  • Vsync
  • Control maps for keyboard and gamepad
So while Eidos-Montreal continues to work on the hugely exciting plans for Deus Ex Universe and a full-on, triple-A Deus Ex game, you should definitely jump into Deus Ex: The Fall while you wait…​

Nice. I doubt this game is as good as DX:HR, but hey, the price is right.

If there is one bright side to having not finished Deus Ex, its that I don't have to worry about this. Same with System Shock 2 and the Bioshcok series.

How far have we fallen that this is now a major selling point.
Not far enough for the opposite to become one, thankfully.

rC8g3E.jpg

:troll:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll buy this when they give me DXHR Director's Cut for free rather than asking me to pay $5 despite the fact I already own the base game + Missing Link.

Deleted member 7219

I'll buy this when they give me DXHR Director's Cut for free rather than asking me to pay $5 despite the fact I already own the base game + Missing Link.

You are doing the right thing. I've just finished the Director's Cut and it honestly brings nothing new to make it worth $5. The boss fights have hardly changed at all, there's no new content (I had the extra missions from the Augmented Edition), there's no advantage from the integration of Missing Link except for a few extra praxis. Really the only thing that is good in the DC is the commentary, and Valve include that in their games for free - why can't Squeenix?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom