Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dev Log #72: Steam Deck Preparations

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Hi guys,

Today we're pushing the 1.1.5.6 version to the main branch. If you missed the original release on experimental, you can check out the previous dev log, as well as subsequent patch notes, to see what's it all about.

Next week we're going to release an update that will be focused around making the game functional on Steam Deck and Proton in general. The game might still not be as comfortable to play on Steam Deck as we are not going to implement a specialized UI or gamepad controls right now. That's a bigger undertaking that will have to wait until I've cleared some of my Infusion development schedule.

OnScreenKeyboard.png

But, while it might not be the best hand-held experience, the game should still be completely functional on Steam Deck. I've fixed the outstanding issues with Proton in regards to the slowdown (which should now make the game fully playable on Linux) and have implemented an on-screen keyboard to be used in few places where textual input is required.

Another big change that will be coming with the next update is support for Steam Cloud, which should be able to function with the game now as it's quite a bit more generous in regards of storage space than back when we originally considered it. That said, if you're like me and make a lot of separate save files, you might want to trim your Save folder if you intend to use this feature.

That's it for now, guys.

Cheers.

Arulan

Cipher

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nice. It looks like the slowdowns are now fixed out of the box. That was probably the biggest issue, though I was previously able to fix this with ProtonTricks.

I only have a few minor issues remaining.
1.) Quitting the game doesn't actually kill the game process. You can simply hit stop in the Steam UI or terminate it like any other process.
2.) The Steam overlay is broken. I just see shapes without text or images.
3.) If I alt-tab out of the game and interact with my secondary monitor, when I alt-tab back into the game I can't highlight things in the game with the cursor. Simply pressing the alt key fixes this.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I just watched this:

I didn't even know this existed in theory much less for preorder.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
By waiting times, you mean if I ordered now it wouldn't arrive until Christmas season this year? Or next year?

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
In that case, I'll just wait until next year.

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Once you have re-designed for steam deck, how difficult is a port to switch, a system that is actually purchasable?

It still amazes that the little team for Atom RPG, was able make a flawless switch port that I wonder if anyone ever played.

Codex Year of the Donut
It still amazes that the little team for Atom RPG, was able make a flawless switch port that I wonder if anyone ever played.
iirc reviewers shit on the switch port because they couldn't manage to navigate typical crpg menus

it's definitely far outside the target audience that the negative reviews you'd be likely to receive would make you question if it's worth porting

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom