Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Developer log

hexer

Creating new art pieces for Ouroboros and Twin Mothers. Our second mapper, Ilove3D, finished Twin Mothers' village map. Slowly preparing to start working on the Nursery after finishing Ouroboros.

hexer

The last couple of days have been the same for me - new art, new art, new art. Currently, the game's installation dir is over 3 Gb. Hoover Dam is going to be a challenge since you got to make it right either it's not Hoover Dam at all.

hexer

I'm having a meeting later today with a friend who volunteered to write up one of the unfinished locations.

hexer

And so the meeting went well and we have another writer on board!

P.S. We're looking for 2D artists.

hexer

Kids play next to Ouroboros' school while the Daughters of Hecate watch over them.

c54zLEG.png

hexer

That is a snake, Ouroboros, and it's in front of Hecate's pyramid. The kids play there because it's next to their school.

From Wikipedia:

The Ouroboros or Uroboros (/jʊərɵˈbɒrəs/; /ɔːˈrɒbɔrəs/, from the Greek οὐροβόρος ὄφις tail-devouring snake) is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail.

Queued
i think is better make the Snake with Junk like the Pyramide...but maybe it fits really i dont know how looking the whole Map.. hmm.

hexer

I've noted down suggestions for the snake and will work more on it!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
My problem with it is the texture of the snake... that's a solid rock wall texture, it looks weird on the ground like that. Try something like this:

WbaLijQ.jpg

hexer

Cool suggestions bros! We appreciate the feedback so keep it coming :incline:

The snake is a tricky one because it is described as being made from small mosaic-like pieces of metal junk. I have to work more on the texture and details and will probably have the final, fine-tuned version in the next update!

hexer

A talented professional artist joins the team! He's a friend of mine and will provide help with bigger art pieces in the game (loading screens, town maps, portraits, scenery, etc.) and add that special touch only pros have. Here are some of his works!

WAi9tjf.jpg

G4K3fwB.jpg

bTVlZAa.jpg

2Mtckqm.jpg

XU45Z1U.jpg

eWlxXmf.jpg

KnCuWkw.jpg

dq9f7G0.jpg

FH5hMG0.jpg

pRX7yIE.jpg

Yor original pic looks good, Hexer.

Thanks! :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom