Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Developer log

Queued
Frms also looks very good you can see in my old Van Buren Mod Screenshots...

hexer

Another musician joins us!
The programming of the initial alpha version starts in a week or two.

hexer

Started working on the world map.
Hello, Grand Canyon! (This is not an actual in-game scale)

HSoSXB4.png

hexer

It's all about trains for me the last couple of days: trains for the player, wrecked trains, wagons, stations, railroads, turntables...

And we have a new voice actor.

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is pretty cool, and from skimming the forum, the Team behind this project seems to be experienced and putting their hearts into it!

If you can get the word out there, and show enough proof of concept to fend off any skepticism, there might be interest in a support/donation channel. Nothing to lose, and it can be great for morale/motivation.

Either way, I'm always eager for a reason to jump back into the classic Fallout universe, so wish you guys the best. If at some point you'd like a playtester for general feedback or game balance, I'm sure I can spare some time.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
hexer man, just calm down. this forum is for news and developer thoughts not unneccesary fights. I know it's the rpg codex but this is not the place, if you have a problem start it elsewher.

hexer

This is pretty cool, and from skimming the forum, the Team behind this project seems to be experienced and putting their hearts into it!

If you can get the word out there, and show enough proof of concept to fend off any skepticism, there might be interest in a support/donation channel. Nothing to lose, and it can be great for morale/motivation.

Either way, I'm always eager for a reason to jump back into the classic Fallout universe, so wish you guys the best. If at some point you'd like a playtester for general feedback or game balance, I'm sure I can spare some time.

Thanks! I've added you to our playtesters list and we'll contact you once the time comes.

hexer man, just calm down. this forum is for news and developer thoughts not unneccesary fights. I know it's the rpg codex but this is not the place, if you have a problem start it elsewher.

I'm cool. You mixed us up.

hexer

Apexeon will help us bring one area to life, I contacted a friend who owns a 3D animations company to help us with CG cutscenes, 10 new songs for the soundtrack were donated to us to use them as we want to, a LOT of game art is ready for Alpha.

hexer

Started working on our Alpha! Will try and get as much from Van Buren's tech demo into FOnline engine

hexer

I was just slaughtered in my first worldmap encounter by Hangdogs

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's partly good to hear. Now, why were you slaughtered? Details please. Also should I start harassing the writers for stuff to proofread yet?

hexer

I managed to make our first working version today. And I encountered hostile Hangdogs 5 seconds after traveling across the worldmap.
It's all in really early shape but the worldmap is in and the town locations will follow soon. I'll talk to the writers today on Skype if there's anything final to proofread.

hexer

It seems the 3D models dual-wield weapons when you equip them in both slots.

hexer

That's partly good to hear. Now, why were you slaughtered? Details please. Also should I start harassing the writers for stuff to proofread yet?

It's too early for proofreading. I'll contact you when the time comes, bro!

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Little does everyone know... pretty much all writers have terrible grammar and misspells in their unedited works. Take that high school english!

hexer

The Alpha is uploaded and now the team can access it.
And I've been mostly sorting out our music the last two days. This game will have a really big soundtrack.

hexer

My musical adventure is finished and all the songs are ready for the game.
Some of those will be replaced by our musicians later but it's good to know we've got everything covered musically.

Total playlist time is 7 hours, 1 minute and 20 seconds (for now).

And we received our first take of the intro narration today.

I still need to finish some Dog Town and Boulder Dome art next before returning to work on our Alpha the next week.

hexer

I've been editing engine's files the last couple of days, mainly concerned with setting up all the maps and music inside the game world.
Also, some of the enormously large game art is being cut into smaller pieces so it plays nice with your graphic card's memory. Currently, our Alpha requires 5.6 GBs of disk space (this will probably increase).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom