Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Developer log

hexer

Richard Tongol, a Fallout fan and a 3D modeler, donated his 3D model of the original vertibird to us. Now we need to animate it so the Prisoner can enjoy a ride ;)

Jqnig.png

S9TY.png

Buo9A.png

hexer

I've been pretty quiet lately as I'm mostly busy with mapping and music. I'm focused on giving each location the right atmosphere. The game will have a lot of ambient music and some people might call it Van Buren the Musical ;)
I hope to get musician's permission to release one new song from the game which gives me the chills when I listen to it. It has that Fallout vibe and instantly transfers you into another world.

Renard

Barely Literate
if you need music on this game, send me an email.
I'll be happy to help you and to contribute to this game !
Cheers and good work ;)

hexer

VB team is currently at 40 people! I'm working on Jericho while our latest member, mapper LT_Jones, is working on the Nursery.

hexer

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Hehe, maps are currently for developers' eyes only as many new art pieces didn't receive their final paintover so they sort of stand out.
The Alpha version is not ready for the screenshots but the content is being added all the time (It's 7,1 GB right now). Once we reach the Beta stage expect lots and lots of screenshots ;)

However.. I received an (epic) 40Mb animated sprite from our 3D animator yesterday and I will post a screenshot of it this week!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The music in this game is soooooooooo fucking good!

I am so happy you got this composer to work with you guys.

:bounce:

hexer

Swimming time!

hLXYROh.png

P.S. I tried to capture a video so you could see it in its awe-inspiring motion and hear the music but alas, my notebook is too old and slow for that.

WarHamster

Augur
Patron
Just went through the tracks you have on the project's Soundcloud account and holy shit they are good! Pure gold! Oozing with atmosphere, futuristic without being overly so. Dark machine-like rumblings with desolate and lonely wails and sighs. Cold desperation with more than a hint of menace, like a 10mm Colt 6520 pistol pressed against your back. Kudos!

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Thank you, we will release more music in time :)

:bounce:

hexer are you still needing any music, or do you have enough already? I only ask because I found this one old song I had written, that still could use some work, but I think It might fit.

Just wondering.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Your notebook is too old for video capturing? Lemme guess - Fraps? If yes - it's good idea to replace him with Bandicam. Even the weaker machines recording with no sweat. Boost was just marvelous.

And still kudos for music... the only mods that have good own music come from Deus Ex mods, like 2027, Nihilum or else. They know the spirit, they feel it and know how to use it. That's the way you do it.

hexer

My issue with videocapturing is the whirlpool animation. It's a huge 2D animation - my laptop's GPU/CPU gets hogged and the framerate drops to a single digit. But I found the solution to that, my work computer is pretty good (8 CPUs, 16 GB RAM) so I'm going to record videos on it when nobody's around ;)

Thanks for the kudos, I did a lot of research on everything that inspired classic Fallouts. I believe that in order to make a proper game sequel you have to understand what inspired the original developers.

hexer

We would love to hear it , PM me the link!

Holy shit..... I can't believe what I just wrote. I'll PM you later today or tomorrow. as soon as I finish this song.

Hehe no problem! We're in no rush so we can wait a bit longer than a day for you to finish it. I know you'll deliver, I'm like listening to your music!

hexer

I did a small interview about the game today for a Youtube channel Retrospective Gaming! There will be some new screenshots in the video. I will let you know when it hits the web!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Idk if that was asked already, but do you intend to add any talking heads or keep it fully voice free?

hexer

We will have static talking heads (portraits) and voice acting. Sadly, animated talking heads aren't supported by FOnline so we'll have the next best thing!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom