Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 1: Remastered MOD

Poseidon

Educated
Hello fellow codexians. I'm here to ask for your help/opinions on the afore-mentioned in the title project.
To avoid tl;dr , I've already created and explained the concept here https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/diablothehell/getting-started-t1642.html

It would be greatly appreciated if you take the time to read and vote (subforum is open to guests, you can post and vote, without registering).

I would love to hear your opinions and ideas. Thanks in advance :)

Poseidon

Educated
Jaesun I stream Ironman runs almost daily and there's about a dozen other people who do Ironman/Speedruns. They all have 15-30 concurrent viewers and I personally got 150 followers from Diablo alone. People on tristr.am are still looking for people to play with. There's obviously still interest in the game, and obviously Blizzard has no interest in doing it. But I do :P

Poseidon

Educated
ThisNameIsFree

The Spells of Gold one was really over my head. Granted, I could've stuck with it and gotten somewhere, but the encryption made it so hard. The lead programmer of the game gave me the Text tools only, so best I could do is fix the story and maybe change what the quests required. No idea if I could actually add new quests. He said he would send me other scripting tools, but never did hence the idea faded back into obscurity.

This classic Diablo idea is already past that. I know exactly what it'll be, what it'll look like and I already have coders willing to do the work, under certain conditions of course.
So yes, in a way, you're correct it's still just a discussion, but it's definitely going in the right direction :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom