Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Morgoth, May 9, 2020.

1. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    I was just reading a thread about people losing CD keys and thumbdrive keys. Fucking pity if you register you copy if D2+LOD you don't get a fucking discount. That'd be fair imho.

^ Top  
  2. Mr. Magniloquent Arcane Patron

Mr. Magniloquent
    Assassin is awesome. Only class that I possibly enjoyed as much as the sorceress. Just doing a regular clawdin is a bunch of fun. The passives are insane too. I had claw block up so high that my block percentage was like 70% or better. The great thing about it, is that it also blocks spells. I had.to make my claws indestructible with runes because the lost durability so fast from soaking all that damage.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    I think the Trap Assassin builds are really boring and contender for the most lame playstyle in the whole game. Summonmancer is on paper also lame but when you get to see yourself controlling an entire army while you chill in the back sippin' on Hawaiian Punch it's actually pretty tight.

Claw Assassin have the more fun builds by far. A pair of Bartuc's Cutthroats and you're good to wreck shop.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    This is far more worthwhile than this "remaster":

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Then get your money because you can play D2 without LOD. LOD added that rune garbage.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Watched Kripp's stream yesterday, they all automatically went Classic.
    So veterans normally play without LOD? And why are runes considered garbage? Too OP?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Gregz Arcane

Gregz
    Everyone ends up running around with the same gear. RNG loot gives way to trading runes.

The D2 economy is actually pretty delicate. In the days of D2jsp there were farmers running many bots, and ofc there were the dupe exploits. The resulting inflation destroyed a new player's ability to trade competitively. Or people would just spam join games to beg for gear. Lots of scummy shit like that.

I'm curious how, or if, the remaster addresses these issues. Blizzard loves to ban bots and "dupers" because it usually means they sell more keys.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Common runeword from normal can give you gear that will take you to countess on hell outpacing every gear you find for next who knows how many hours. In loot game this is serious issue.

Vanilla D2 gear you found was important. Rares were the best and no two builds were the same as rares would roll widely different. In LOD everything important is either set item or runeword.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Gotcha, yeah that's evil. Reminds me of the ol' D3 real money store. Loot or gold didn't matter coz you could just buy everything with dorra. Drove me away from the game after just one run through.

I am playing with LOD but my understanding is you have to farm a lot for these runes to form runewords and I'm not doing that because fuck that noise on Normal. So it's all good.

^ Top  
  10. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You don't have to farm a lot for the low level runes. You can get a Stealth after like 3 Countess runs. The problem with runes is that they trivialize normal and nightmare, and then dominate high level itemization.

^ Top  
  11. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Sure, my point is why farm at all? You absolutely don't need it on Normal and farming Countess is just endlessly blundering around in the Forgotten Tower, which is like 5 levels, nah, not interested. I might farm runes a bit on Nightmare if I don't get any decent drops but right now even one extra Countess run feels like one too many.

^ Top  
  12. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    You "farm" her (if ~3 times is considered farming) in order to trivialize normal and nightmare even more than they already are. Speedrunners farm her for runes while speedrunning, so it's definitely something you want to do. The tower might be 5 levels, but the entrances are so close to each other that it really doesn't matter. It's actually more worthwhile to kill her a few times (both on normal and nightmare) than to do most of the quests.

^ Top  
  13. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    In Classic it's kinda boring to farm cause drop rates are shit except cow king and what you do instead, is farm gold, and then gamble because classic gamble chances are good.
    In modern you don't need to farm or whatever because game became very easy, can finish it naked due to synergies and easy access to +skills everywhere, including runewords.
    For me something like a patched classic with some extra drops, no mana pots, fixed cow king, no modern and no ladder runes words would be good.
    Also imo even classic has already too many monsters at places, and locations are too big, which is obvious sign that designers reduced quality of single player in favour of multiplayer.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Kruno Arcane Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

Kruno
    • meh meh x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    yeah i loved at first synergies when they released but the more i played the worse it felt because you were pidgeonholed into specific sets of skills rather than choose what makes most sense for your build.

In original skill topped at 20 stat points + whatever you gear got. When they added synergies that was no longer true since several other skills could ramp up that skill more by spending points on those skills instead even if you don't use them. So in the end DPS got so high that it was simply uneconomic to invest in non synergized skills.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. 502 Learned

After all this DII talk I went and reinstalled it. Using D2DX and Plugy. High FPS and widescreen support with the OG graphics plus Ladder runewords from Plugy in single player make for a very pleasant experience. Not getting Resurrected. :obviously:

[​IMG]

• Prestigious x 10
    • Brofist x 5
    • Salute x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    [​IMG]

• honk honk! x 9
    • Funny x 5
    • decline x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Not sure why Asian or meat are considered profane. If Asian is the profane word, I think Blizz are the ones being racist here.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Peaceful protest Peaceful protest x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Definitely asian. Souless creatures.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    Youtube kept rejecting a comment of mine because 'Asian' was in it. It wasn't like I had 'beat', 'hang', or 'rape' next to it.

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    I died pretty early with new assasin char in singleplayer and then i rolled druid. Now randomly i see body of my assasin lying around in village.

Bug or a feature ? Neat.

• nice nice x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    Probably due to that asian hate fake media bullshit in the states. Yeah, everyone was beating and hanging chinks like the new KKK. Just another free speech chop to "protect everyone." Grow a spine libtards.

Anyway, I have to have this before i purchase any more games.

mine must be mobile and walk to the store as well. Gaming on the go.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. jackofshadows Magister

jackofshadows
    A friend of mine is asking whether blacksmith is still "blacksmith" and not "blocksmith" there. I assume that clownery applies to the single player mode as well.

^ Top  
  24. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Can't play as AsianArcher? Can I at least play as Arab? Or a Turk?

^ Top  
  25. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    speaking of runewords again. Here it is in full glory LOD fuck up. I did as druid lvl 9 countess twice. This staff basically will take you to hell skipping 99% of weapons for sorc. As i said before runewords probably in minds of creators were supposed to be unknown, known only by few autists or something.

That being said runes by themselves aren't bad. Just runewords are too powerful + some low level ones. The ethereal uniques/set/rare stuff + zod is amazing addition that gives that OMG moment but limited to few people.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.