Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo II: Resurrected remaster - coming September 23rd

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Morgoth, May 9, 2020.

1. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    They are not just a different company, they are a shit company now.

Nobody expects nuBlizzard to make good games anymore but for a company with such a ludicrous amount of capital we expect it to be at least professional and be able to shower their products with production values and bling, but they couldn't even do that with their Wacraft 3 remaster. They are literally some piss ass ghetto company now.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Blizzards mostly been mismanaged is all. Gone are the true nerds calling the shots, and in comes the moneymen that has no fucking clue what the fans want, as long as it brings in he moolah.

old news at this point..

Old Blizzard died long ago. In Memoriam.

• Brofist x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Apparently owners and CEOs of Blizzard have been paying themselves very very generous bonuses and living like kings instead of spending that extra money on new games. That is why they all come out shitty.

• incline incline x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Outside of firing everyone and starting over no amount of money thrown at it would produce good games.
    So I'll go with money well spent.

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Gregz Arcane

Gregz
    Diablo I, Diablo II, and Median XL (pre marco era), are plenty of this kind of content. And they look just fine.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Will it be as good as the Warcraft 3 remaster?
    :troll:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Atlantico unida e indivisible Patron

Atlantico
    Make the Codex Great Again!

^ Top  
  8. Nifft Batuff Arbiter

Nifft Batuff
    Why this news is in the general RPG subforum?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    Diablo 1 was definitely darker but that is due to Diablo 2 letting you run around cities, through jungles, deserts, etc. Diablo 2 felt like the world still had hope to me. Mainly because there were so many people around. Diablo 1 felt like these people in this town cannot leave this town or they will be raped to death by monsters. The seclusion and dungeon crawling into Hell meant that it really wore away at your mind over time. You wanted to dive deeper and see what the next level looked like. Your trips to the single town cemented Tristram as the most iconic RPG town in history. So much so they had to halfass throw it into the sequel.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Absolutely disgusting

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    I agree.

^ Top  
  12. luj1 You're all shills

luj1
    I assume this post prompted your comment, however as someone who is playing Diablo II right now this simply isn't true. There is nothing 'classic' about Diablo II subtype of fantasy fiction. Wherever you go there are disemboweled bodies on tables, crucified men and women, boiled limbs sticking out of cauldrons and literal piles of corpses and pools of blood with naked bodies inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is not cherry-picked, it's literally everywhere.

Diablo II is textbook gothic fiction (the themes of horror and death) that happily ventures into bodily horror (mutilations and decay). According to literally critics, 'Fantasy is distinguished from the genres of science fiction and horror by the absence of scientific or macabre themes, respectively'. Diablo II is very, very macabre. Way more macabre than Diablo. Diablo was more... demonic, if anything. Fire and brimstone. I mean see for yourself.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. luj1 You're all shills

luj1
    No, you are just retarded. The various settings which follow Act I are merely death and horror applied to different biomes - desert, jungle and snow worlds, respectively.

Behold ye, the goofy worlds of Super Diablio Bros.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    Sure but you have to admit one is more depressing due to not having you run through jungles with demon niggers trying to kill you.

^ Top  
  15. luj1 You're all shills

luj1
    More depressing, sure. Diablo II isn't as depressing as it is macabre and gory.

If you talk with NPCs you'll realize that feeling is well-preserved in the various towns of Diablo II. Lut Gholein (demons pouring out from the Harem), Kurast (magic barrier protecting the city) and Harrogath (city under siege by demons).

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. Bigg Boss Arcane

Bigg Boss
    Yeah I get that it is presented that way. I love both games for different reasons. I do wish Diablo 2 was a little more focused and skipped the jungle shit because I always burn out right there.

^ Top  
  17. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Maybe you should learn to read:

Who gives a fuck about corpses, it's still a fact Diablo 2 has a lighter tone relative to the first one.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • retadred retadred x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    The biggest difference comes from the music, I still love that eerie cathedral music more than ANY other theme, and to this day it sends a slight shiver down my spine, but even the other themes beat out all the others. D2 sounds "tame" by comparison in terms of eeriness. Nothing comes close imho.

Oh and another small detail adding to the atmosphere, you WALK. It makes it feel like your character is extra cautious. Meanwhile the running in D2 certainly speeds things up, but at the expense of suspense.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Pero_Gamechuck Gamechuck Developer

Pero_Gamechuck
    Well, I wouldn't mind a remaster actually, but considering their latest endeavor with Warcraft 3, they'd just destroy the memory of once a really good game.

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...edly-working-on-a-diablo-2-remake-at-blizzard

• decline x 2
    • Despair x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • incline x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Who?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Dishonoredbr Arbiter

Dishonoredbr
    They made the remake for Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 , Crash Bandicoot Remaster and It's About Time.

• incline incline x 2
    • It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Monkey Baron Learned

Monkey Baron
    This is potentially good news. Not that I had any faith in Blizzard after they managed to crush half a decade of my hype for Diablo 3 in less than an hour of playtime. I've played a bit of THPS 1 + 2 and it looked great. I can't really talk much about gameplay/faithfulness from a personal standpoint, but from what I've been told additions were more to modernize it. I was also told that the Crash remake was really faithful except the physics were a touch worse. Hopefully they continue this level of respect towards older games.

That being said, I was hoping that these rumors would go away. Warcraft reforged was a disaster and I think Diablo 2 is in a perfectly acceptable place right now with QoL mods + overhauls. Starcraft Remastered was done well but it didn't result in a true revival. We don't need a D2 remaster.

• Brofist x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.