Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

m_s0

Arcane
So... I'm guessing they lost the source code, right?

All they had to do was to slap together a source port and spend all those years not on matching a new 3D game to the feel of a 20-year-old 2D game, but on re-drawing the sprites and iterating until everything feels right in hi-def 2D. It would've been cheaper, faster, and would've yielded a better result.

Better yet, release the source code and just give D2 to the fanbase. They'd do a better job in a matter of weeks. Added bonus of much-needed good press.

Fuck this industry.

Vapid

Learned
While the gameplay graphics look kind of OK-ish, I guess, the character models are fucking atrocious. The amazon is a complete trainwreck.

maam.jpg

"IT'S MA'AM-AZON!"

Time will tell, as usual. I want to believe, but I've burnt myself too many times.

Vapid

Learned
Am I seeing things or is the Paladin a black guy now?

Tha paladin was always black, albeit with somewhat caucasoid facial features.

288074-diablo-ii-render.png

Also, thanks to the low-rez graphics it was easier to pretend the paladin was white.

They went full-negro in the remaster, tho.

94738642030c426066af74639d7c4239.jpg

Last edited:

Dramart

Learned
The old game is still great I don't understand all these remaster of games is like they want to get money from fanboys cucks

Dramart

Learned

Bara

Arcane
Real question is are they taking down the ability to buy or download the original diablo 2 on the bluzzard website like warcraft 3

Generic-Giant-Spider

Anybody that has their old Diablo 2 manual would know the Sorceress in her artwork was a real FOX, undertits and all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom