Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Seeker
In My Safe Space
This looks like the d3 engine so if you can play d3 you won't be having fps problems in d2 remake.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Chaimal bikini is an old and stupid trope. If you want mobility and all curves visible, body-tight outfits are the answer.
Why even bother with body-tight outfits then? Being naked offers same protection level, but higher mobility and better visibility.

Cael

Arcane
Curious how often people will object to anything less than an armoured burka but say nothing about retarded weapon sizes. Talk about immersion breaking.
There is nothing wrong with a pixie wielding a claymore. NOTHING!!!

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Ex-Blizzard dev is frustrated with the remaster.

Mark Kern said:
Diablo 2: Resurrected is censored. Which is ridiculous. D2 was always about being adult, edgy, dark and, yes, even a little bit sexualized. It's a raw fantasy setting. Gothic and extreme. To change it is to make a different game. Stop buying AAA endless remakes. Go indie.

The Amazon was always revealing. In fact, we fought hard to keep it that way as part of the them, as there was some push to change it, even back then. Sucks to see something we fought for get erased in a souless, corporate remaster.

The deliberate, hard won, creative decision to have an adult, dark fantasy content has had its sharp corners rounded off and made safe for who, exactly? This is a complete erasure of the original intent of the creators.

But in the end, that just makes room for real, dark, edgy fantasy games that AAA game makers will no longer make. I look forward to the indies that will take up the mantle. Just pass on Blizzard of today. Entirely.

What shame all the three pixel of ass that the amazon had , lost forever.

Idk feels like huge overraction. If i was something like a director leaving because of censorship, like Senran Kagura had , yeah sure.. But this is like.. 3 pixel of ass. Lmao.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
My main concerns at the moment, in decreasing magnitude

Cold/Lighting skills look like embarrassing shit
The UI is robbed of detail and looks like some shit from D3 (probably could be modded)
Amazon and other wokeness (can live with it)

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Ex-Blizzard dev is frustrated with the remaster.

Mark Kern said:
Diablo 2: Resurrected is censored. Which is ridiculous. D2 was always about being adult, edgy, dark and, yes, even a little bit sexualized. It's a raw fantasy setting. Gothic and extreme. To change it is to make a different game. Stop buying AAA endless remakes. Go indie.

The Amazon was always revealing. In fact, we fought hard to keep it that way as part of the them, as there was some push to change it, even back then. Sucks to see something we fought for get erased in a souless, corporate remaster.

The deliberate, hard won, creative decision to have an adult, dark fantasy content has had its sharp corners rounded off and made safe for who, exactly? This is a complete erasure of the original intent of the creators.

But in the end, that just makes room for real, dark, edgy fantasy games that AAA game makers will no longer make. I look forward to the indies that will take up the mantle. Just pass on Blizzard of today. Entirely.

Isn't Mark Kern the failed Blizzard dev who had one failed MMO project after departing and only ever since remained """"relevant""" by commenting and virtue signalling in the Nostalrius private server drama? He kinda has that corpse leech vibe to him.

Wunderbar

Arcane
EDfb4TsC_400x400.jpg

this guy had a cartooney portrait and was outed as a rapist

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Merk Kern is a raging cuck and a fucking autistic sperg fag. Can be ignored wholly. I like how he just takes a shit on the devs, because 1 insignificant fucking pixel-hunt thing wasnt up to his liking, meanwhile the entire remaster is excellent lol.

MUH PIXELS, MUH AMAZOUN, I need to jerk off my cuck penis to 4k amazon. BLIZZARD BAD

WAH

abija

Prophet
Isn't Mark Kern the failed Blizzard dev who had one failed MMO project after departing and only ever since remained """"relevant""" by commenting and virtue signalling in the Nostalrius private server drama? He kinda has that corpse leech vibe to him.
Yeah and people keep quoting and giving this scum attention. He just wants to associate his products with blizzard hate to perpetrate his scams. Iirc he tried to do something similar with steam vs epic debates.

A horse of course

Kern is based because even though he uses his past relevance for attention, he usually ends up embarassing Blizzard and Blizztards, like when there was massive sperging over the lore behind blood elves joining the horde in world of warcraft and he just comes in and admitted upper management ordered them added to horde because they needed more coomer races to compete with the rise in korean mmos.

Generic-Giant-Spider

So is this shit cross-integrated with old BNet and you can use your old characters for free? I've no idea how SC/WC3 did their remasters.

Essentially I'm asking if I can use my old PVP accounts to wreak havoc and terror on all these little munchkins coming in.

Sentinel

Arcane
Controller support is fucking great, but you can tell the game wasn't designed for it because targetting specific enemies in big clusters is a fucking mess. had to switch to M&KB when fighting blood raven cause the controller kept targeting the wrong enemy.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Controller support for Diablo is retarded but it sure shows who they are aiming the remaster at.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom