Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Sentinel

Arcane
Why is it retarded? Seems like a pretty natural fit for a popamole grug stronk ooga booga genre where you brainlessly spam m1 all the time.

Sykar

Arcane
It's pretty much a 1:1 remake.
Why the need for remaster then? Only for the eye candy?

No, to push your ideological agenda.

I will push mine!
bq9ws0fplaj61.jpg

:troll:

tritosine2k

Erudite
Played it until butcher with skeleton mages. Was interested in minion animation , that's so so, companion's much better . Enemies however are very nice. Modders will have field day with this.

Turning off TAA post processing midway, jaw dropped how smeared it is vs noAA. Apparently videos online are TAA: on , all of that is smeared as hell.

Tells a lot about TAA if they it can't even get it to work with PERFECT motion vectors ( because isometric leaves no room to mess up motion vectors IN THEORY).

They must add back perspective view toggle.

Finally there can be clothing mods, I'd like if every character would get their own staple minions ( NOT PETS) , lots of this stuff needs to be redone.

I like it in 3D better, this can do justice to some persistent story mode .

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
How much do we actually know about modding support? I see people constantly being hyped about "yeah, that sure will be modded later", but has Nu-Blizzard actually given a statement about that?

Sykar

Arcane
Played it until butcher with skeleton mages. Was interested in minion animation , that's so so, companion's much better . Enemies however are very nice. Modders will have field day with this.

Turning off TAA post processing midway, jaw dropped how smeared it is vs noAA. Apparently videos online are TAA: on , all of that is smeared as hell.

Tells a lot about TAA if they it can't even get it to work with PERFECT motion vectors ( because isometric leaves no room to mess up motion vectors IN THEORY).

Finally there can be clothing mods, I'd like if every character would get their own staple minions ( NOT PETS) , lots of this stuff needs to be redone.

I like it in 3D better, this can do justice to some persistent story mode .
084.png

Did you mean the smith in the Monastary for Charsi's quest?

jackofshadows

Magister
OG runs like ass on modern systems. Old bnet UI is obnoxious (you have to extensively use console commands and shit). And lots of lacking QoL stuff, the most important is listed above already by TheSentinel. Saying something like 'you don't need any of that' is a glaring signal of severe autism.

But their limp-dick approach to it with in-game UI, prudish strokes here and there not to mention few elephants in the room discussed here to death is working like multiplication by zero to me. No excitement dispite the fact that I'd probably enjoy several weeks of playing it.

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'm nervous about this one.... I want it to be good, but looks a bit like a remaster using Diablo 3 models. Am I the only one that wishes they did real pre-rendered 3D sprites instead like the original?

tritosine2k

Erudite
I'm nervous about this one.... I want it to be good, but looks a bit like a remaster using Diablo 3 models. Am I the only one that wishes they did real pre-rendered 3D sprites instead like the original?

3D is basically salvaging this,because there isn't really a need for new tilesets , rather handmade content like Tristram, just one example: the mapgen is next to useless for secret doors in monastery tileset so that's a whole mechanic sacrificed. Can't wait for savescumming with >8 mb savefiles. ( + it's nothing like D3. )

It's in the options

that's for legacy, changes nothing for res. renderer because theres next to no motion parallax. I just want a tiny motion parallax.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
OG runs like ass on modern systems. Old bnet UI is obnoxious (you have to extensively use console commands and shit). And lots of lacking QoL stuff, the most important is listed above already by TheSentinel. Saying something like 'you don't need any of that' is a glaring signal of severe autism.

But their limp-dick approach to it with in-game UI, prudish strokes here and there not to mention few elephants in the room discussed here to death is working like multiplication by zero to me. No excitement dispite the fact that I'd probably enjoy several weeks of playing it.

Runs well on my I5+1060 GTX system+Win 8.1 system.

OctavianRomulus

Learned

I like the graphics a lot but I have to admit I am puzzled by why more companies don't use this method for games with fixed perspective. You could cram in all the detail you want and have great performance. Diablo 3 sort of did this for some of its assets like the trees.

Still, the effort that went into this was probably staggering. I'm sure this wasn't easy at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom