Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Codex Year of the Donut
I always thought the paladin was some sort of north african or arab equivalent. He's about 30 shades darker now.
The Paladin is canonically from the Khurast. He should look vaguely Indian/Dravidian.
He's full blown nigga now. He's the niggest.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Details. Seems like pure incline.

- It is actually D2 engine running in background with 3D graphics skin on it, so gameplay is EXACTLY like D2
- You can switch between 2D and 3D as you want just like in starcraft remaster
- it will support pad on PC, k+m is exactly the same
- game will require online connection to start but after than you can play offline
- modding support is in, some small mods should work out of the box bigger ones will need major rework
- when they re-implemented original engine they removed a lot of hardcoded stuff and put those into data files free to be modded
- they are reworking original 26 minutes of FMVs trying to make sure also that they are exactly like original ones in tone etc.
- optional gold autopickup
- they promise battle net will be better secured against duping etc.
- personal stash is twice the size of old one
- there is additional shared stash to transfer items between characters
- 39€ unlike Blizzard we know and free alpha to test it before release

Animations look ultra stiff.

yeah i noticed that. Especially in that tristram gameplay shown. Probably they should have used some physic based model but then again Necro uses a lot of skills with corpses so them flying off would make it hard to play.

Imho amazon, pala and rest of characters are fine. You also had to be blind to not see black pala in original d2.

ui shot:

unknown.png

Not changing the carefully crafted final balance of the game is the fucking minimum for a remaster.
Adding gamepad support is pure decline. I guarantee you they are going to port this to consoles.
Bigger stash is a matter of 5 minutes fucking with the game files.

40 bux is ridiculous.

This is a Beamdog tier remaster.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Ugh, LoD right out of the gate. Hard pass
The remaster includes classic mode as an option, not that I really believe you actually wanted to buy this anyway.

Classic was always an option in LoD too, unfortunately it still had the repellent changes that LoD introduced unless you downgraded your patch. I still have older patches and installs floating around for when the itch needs a scratch but it diminishes over time. After spending far too many waking hours in D2, when LoD was excreted out I got quite the reprieve

Cruel Beans

Arbiter
I think the class the devs most wildly deviated from is the Assassin. She has pale white skin and very distinct facial features plus a punkish hairstyle in the original. Now she looks like an ordinary middle aged asian lady. Maybe even a grandma since asians age better than most.

My guess is the devs started off with something more faithful but were told they needed a design that was completely unambiguous for their asian markets.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I always thought the paladin was some sort of north african or arab equivalent. He's about 30 shades darker now.

Yep, I always assumed he was supposed to be something like a Berber or Malian.

They've turned him full on Tyrone in this.
I thought he's mesoamerican injun. But one thing is clear - we seen nigga civilization in D3. They are at the voodoo headhunters stage.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I thought he's mesoamerican injun. But one thing is clear - we seen nigga civilization in D3. They are at the voodoo headhunters stage.

I suppose that was the advantage of the low res artwork in the original, everyone had their own interpretation.

Either way I don't think anyone thought he was a full on afro wearing Tyrone.

Takamori

Learned
Amazon looks like a Tranny
Druid looks like a beggar deep into crack
Paladin looks like fucking fusion of Lamar and Franklin from GTAV
Assassin looks like generic Blizzard asian girl, just missing the colored hair to make it obvious
Barb looks like a Norf meme

As long they fix rune duping and don't touch the game balance with NU-BLIZZ faggotry whatever.

Codex Year of the Donut

I suppose that was the advantage of the low res artwork in the original, everyone had their own interpretation.

Either way I don't think anyone thought he was a full on afro wearing Tyrone.
Well it's not like we don't have promo art and cutscenes.
716fc668c9d45a00db4797a302c70aeb.png

diablo-2-art-header.jpg

He simply wasn't black. He was medium-dark skinned with arguably caucasoid features making him some type of berber, arab, or indian equivalent.

Perkel

Arcane
I wonder if they will fix the Faster Cast Rate caps.

Game will be exactly the same aside from small QOL features down to bugs themselves. If there was bug in D2 it will be in D2R. Game literally runs D2 in background and what you see is just layer on top of that that you can turn off with a button in real time.

OctavianRomulus

Learned
This actually looks really good but I am sad they didn't just upscale the 2D sprites. The environments look amazing.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
No joke even though I'm playing Elex right now, just yesterday I installed Diablo 2 and LOD with my original CD keys by download from the Blizzard Website.

Then I come and see that this has happened.

Also checked the Resurrected Blizzard forums and found this
bULf2ag.jpg
The hero we deserve. I'd love to go in there and agree with him, but I'm worried Blizzard is going to ban me or something. It's not the RPG codex.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

I thought he was Indian, you went east and end up in the paladins homeland that looks like some kind of mix of Indian and the indo-chinese peninsula.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom