Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo Immortal - MMO ARPG for mobile platforms - massive butthurt at Blizzcon

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
  • Retarded cartoonish graphics.
  • Stat stickie itemization
  • Everyone is a clone(...)
Seems awful as D3. DI = D3 + p2w.

Brickfrog

Learned
It's cool that this game is so bad that people think it should be illegal though. Extraordinary innovation tbh.

Well, it is banned in Belgium.
Blizzard has had an extraordinary journey from making some of the most beloved PC games of all time to making skinner boxes that can't get publishing approval in nations with modernized gambling regulations.

Maybe the most stunning fall from grace iv ever seen.

Myobi

Liturgist
It's cool that this game is so bad that people think it should be illegal though. Extraordinary innovation tbh.

Well, it is banned in Belgium.

Blizzard has had an extraordinary journey from making some of the most beloved PC games of all time to making skinner boxes that can't get publishing approval in nations with modernized gambling regulations.

Maybe the most stunning fall from grace iv ever seen.

Blizzard is just a title, the people who worked on those most beloved games are long gone.

Sadly, it isn’t the only one… Yes Bioware, I’m looking at you.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
I don't even understand what the appeal of this software is. The "influencers" who make videos about how hysterically they hate this software are contributing to the manufactured publicity that this garbage wouldn't have based on its gameplay quality. It's a thoroughly vague creation that has no interesting features other than the utter greed behind it.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
  • Retarded cartoonish graphics.
  • Stat stickie itemization
  • Everyone is a clone(...)
Seems awful as D3. DI = D3 + p2w.

Just a reminder: people seem to be ignoring the fact that D3 launched with a real money trading post where you could buy items with cash. It's not D3 + p2w, it's precisely D3 as planned.

This is not the Blizzard we want, but the Blizzard we deserve.

Vincente

Arbiter
bilinmeyen.jpeg

I'm practically losing money by not purchasing this.

exe

Augur
Why did Burning Crusade Classic get reviewed into the ground harder then WC3 Reforged or this one?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Why did Burning Crusade Classic get reviewed into the ground harder then WC3 Reforged or this one?

In addition to your monthly subscription required to play classic they offered these two items.

39.99 USD would net you

Level-58 Character Boost
Apprentice Riding Skill for the Boosted Character
Appropriate Gear for the Boosted Character, a Mount, and Starting Gold
Weapon Skill for the Boosted Character

69.99 USD would net you the above and also

30 Days of Game Time
Reawakened Phase-Hunter Mount for Your Burning Crusade Classic Characters
Viridian Phase-Hunter Mount for Your Non-Classic Characters
Path of Illidan Toy
Dark Portal Hearthstone

Brickfrog

Learned
In addition to your monthly subscription required to play classic they offered these two items.

I'm not really an mmo guy but isn't selling boosted characters and cosmetics a standard practice these days? I know FFXIV has a similar service.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I'm not really an mmo guy but isn't selling boosted characters and cosmetics a standard practice these days? I know FFXIV has a similar service.

A large amount of fans that play classic would have preffered it to remain like how it was during the respective vanilla and burning crusade experience. Having a level boost that didnt exist during the period that vanilla and tbc took place in was seen as negative. Also, the mount offered didnt exist during tbc. Neither did speical hearthstone animations. Nor the toy.

Myobi

Liturgist

Yeah, making shitty practices standard practices is what got us into shit such as Diablo Immoral.

Brickfrog

Learned
Yeah, making shitty practices standard practices is what got us into shit such as Diablo Immoral.
Keeping the "classic" servers as close to the original as possible makes sense to me but I'm not sure I have a problem with booster services as a whole.

Mmos are basically skinner boxes by design anyway. At least they have been since WoW introduced daily/weekly raid rewards to keep people grinding and paying that monthly subscription.

Don't really blame them for selling a service that lets you skip to the part of the game that's actually kind of fun to play.

Rip guild wars.

Last edited:
I played Diablo Immortal years ago at Blizzcon. It was just Diablo 3, nothing to write home about.

Really sad that the second D3 expansion was cancelled. RoS ended on a cliffhanger and I was actually somewhat interested to see how it would conclude.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Keeping the "classic" servers as close to the original as possible makes sense to me but I'm not sure I have a problem with booster services as a whole.

Mmos are basically skinner boxes by design anyway. At least they have been since WoW introduced daily/weekly raid rewards to keep people grinding and paying that monthly subscription.

Don't really blame them for selling a service that lets you skip to the part of the game that's actually kind of fun to play.

Rip guild wars.

I am surprised you are not playing WoW. You would appear to be their target demographic.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
How much money has the game made? I bet it is a success, which will further embolden companies to go down this route.

somerandomdude

Learned
Someone tried to get me on a private vanilla WoW server awhile back, and man, I couldn't play it. Your characters ran like crippled grandmas. And just getting from point A to B was a huge slough. All quests were pretty much fetch/kill quests. The lack of stimuli for my brain was killing me. What exactly did people see in this game? Was I supposed to pay my dues by enduring a prolonged complete lack of stimuli in order to get to the meatier bits of the game that were actually decent, like raids, etc? I couldn't do it.

I've played some older MMORPGs, like Anarchy Online (as a free player) and Acheron's Call (uncle used to play this), and both of those games were more fun than Vanilla WoW, IMO.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Someone tried to get me on a private vanilla WoW server awhile back, and man, I couldn't play it. Your characters ran like crippled grandmas. And just getting from point A to B was a huge slough. All quests were pretty much fetch/kill quests. The lack of stimuli for my brain was killing me. What exactly did people see in this game? Was I supposed to pay my dues by enduring a prolonged complete lack of stimuli in order to get to the meatier bits of the game that were actually decent, like raids, etc? I couldn't do it.

I've played some older MMORPGs, like Anarchy Online (as a free player) and Acheron's Call (uncle used to play this), and both of those games were more fun than Vanilla WoW, IMO.

WoW has always been shit. It was popular because it simplified the greatness of it predecessors thus appealing to the unsuspecting normies.

Brickfrog

Learned

Rip guild wars.

I am surprised you are not playing WoW. You would appear to be their target demographic.
Iv never been able to maintain interest in mmos. Too much time for too little fun.

If I did play mmos I would definitely use the boosting service. Spending 45-60 hours leveling a character just isn't fun. Some of the raids seem like a good time in an organized group though.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So immortal isn't a free app?

3.5 gigs on my phone? That'd be a fucking pain to dl. How often does this bitch update?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom