Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo Immortal - MMO ARPG for mobile platforms - massive butthurt at Blizzcon

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I haven't had Chinese food in a long while.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Important part of the vid is near the end talking about Diablo IV. Yeah, it'll probably have a lot of this crap in it as well. Blizz has gone full shit zone. Glad i didn't bother with the D2 remaster. I used to get some dopamine from playing diablo. Now it is boredom. Seeing the predation cash shop shit really turns me off the entire company.

Btw, did they say without paying you cap out at level 30? Gay...

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected

I like how no one on reddit points out the obvious: it doesn't matter what it is or what it does, all chinese companies are legally obligated to implement whatever spyware the chinese government wants whenever it wants, so nothing out of china can be trusted.

Nothing out of anywhere can be trusted. Lately these corporations have been so boldly rubbing shit in our faces, at least in the past they used to pretend to do it for your own good.

Sykar

Arcane

Important part of the vid is near the end talking about Diablo IV. Yeah, it'll probably have a lot of this crap in it as well. Blizz has gone full shit zone. Glad i didn't bother with the D2 remaster. I used to get some dopamine from playing diablo. Now it is boredom. Seeing the predation cash shop shit really turns me off the entire company.

Once a year I am doing a replay of Diablo 1 with Hellfire. Yes I like Hellfire, despite its short comings. The crypt alone makes me want to play it, I love the atmosphere down there. Even after 25 years I can replay this game. The atmosphere is just that good.

Last edited:

racofer

Thread Incliner

Once a year I am doing a replay of Diablo 1 with Hellfire. Yes I like Hellfire, despite its short comings. The crypt alone makes me want to play it, I love the atmosphere down there. Even after 25 years I can replay this game. The atmosphere is just that good.

That takes commitment. Its' not an easy task to succeed on that entire game without the aid of any exclusive limited time purchases for 800% value.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Something about Wyatt Cheng unsettles me. He looks like a guy that has perpetually sweaty hands and carries a very distinct odor to him.

I'm just saying if you put on Men In Black shades he might come up as being a xenomorph.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
Something about Wyatt Cheng unsettles me. He looks like a guy that has perpetually sweaty hands and carries a very distinct odor to him.

I'm just saying if you put on Men In Black shades he might come up as being a xenomorph.
I find his hairstyle unsettling.
Something about overall hair thinning, not male pattern baldness, indicates some serious stress issues.

Myobi

Liturgist
"Diablo Immortal Streamer Has Now Spent Over $10,000 Without Getting a 5-Star Legendary Gem"

Don't just blame Blizzard, blame these mother fuckers, and even worse, the mother fuckers that watch and give money to these mother fuckers, so that these mothers fuckers can give the money to those blizz mother fuckers.

jackofshadows

Magister
Oh noes, an evul corporation is getting richer! Whatever we do! I thought none of you guys were going to play anything made by blizz ever anyway.

So what if they'll switch to making mobile games only even in the future? As for shady business practices in general, you'll never ever be bored with megacorps except this is nothing new at all.

Hellion

Arcane
I played the game without spending anything just to form an opinion and it legitimately has higher production values than Diablo 3. Voice-acting is top-notch, cinematics are nice, even the writing does not suck for the most part - my Crusader character actually sounds like an intelligent warrior during dialogue. There's also a ton of activities to do from early on, and when you hit Paragon even more quests and events unlock. And the whole "Immortals vs Shadows" pvp metagame is really interesting and could be the focus of an entire game on its own.

The first trouble starts after level 30-ish, when the game pretty much tells you "reach level 35-40 in order to continue the main story" which leads to the first required XP grind. And then you eventually get to the known monetization issues, and everything falls apart. After you hit paragon+30 or so, it is pretty much impossible to acquire the necessary gear to proceed to Hell 2 difficulty without buying stuff from the store (and then, as already demonstrated, spending money does not guarantee you'll get good gear), unless you grind like a Korean cringebot for 25 hours a day hoping that you'll get a decent drop.

I might pop in once in a while if they add new content or to do a dungeon or two with friends. But after a certain point in the game it is simply not worth the time investment necessary to proceed.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I played the game without spending anything just to form an opinion and it legitimately has higher production values than Diablo 3. Voice-acting is top-notch, cinematics are nice, even the writing does not suck for the most part - my Crusader character actually sounds like an intelligent warrior during dialogue. There's also a ton of activities to do from early on, and when you hit Paragon even more quests and events unlock. And the whole "Immortals vs Shadows" pvp metagame is really interesting and could be the focus of an entire game on its own.

The first trouble starts after level 30-ish, when the game pretty much tells you "reach level 35-40 in order to continue the main story" which leads to the first required XP grind. And then you eventually get to the known monetization issues, and everything falls apart. After you hit paragon+30 or so, it is pretty much impossible to acquire the necessary gear to proceed to Hell 2 difficulty without buying stuff from the store (and then, as already demonstrated, spending money does not guarantee you'll get good gear), unless you grind like a Korean cringebot for 25 hours a day hoping that you'll get a decent drop.

I might pop in once in a while if they add new content or to do a dungeon or two with friends. But after a certain point in the game it is simply not worth the time investment necessary to proceed.
So there is no endgame scenario like D1-3? And you get cockblocked unless you are a certain level or mobs just impossible to kills/harm?

Hellion

Arcane

So there is no endgame scenario like D1-3? And you get cockblocked unless you are a certain level or mobs just impossible to kills/harm?

The "main story" ends as soon as you reach level 60. After that, you gain access to Paragon levels, difficulty levels Hell 1-2-3-4 and a bunch of different more quests and events that are not available on Normal difficulty. So the end-game goal is pretty much to farm all available activities (rifts, dungeons, quests, raids, world bosses, special events, PVP etc etc) in order to increase your Paragon level and get better gear/get materials to upgrade your gear/gems, which will allow you to increase the difficulty and then farm for more gear until.... you reach difficulty Hell 4, I guess? No idea what happens then.

The Main Quest requires a certain level in order to proceed (so if you are level 30 and the next chapter requires level 35, you can't even access that quest), but other than that mobs in higher difficulties are super-harder to kill.

Olinser

Savant

Have you not read the information they've released?

The ONLY reason to do the Sigil crap the way they say they're going to in D4 is because they want to sell them.

"Oh hey, you aren't getting the Sigil drop you want to run the dungeon you want? Click here and spend $2.99 and buy it now!!"

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Microtransactions generated 24 million USD in two weeks.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-immortal/microtransactions-revenue
Review bombing is pointless because they come from people who don't play the game. This will probably be the most successful Diablo game ever. Funny how a few years ago a lot of people thought Blizzard was crazy for making a mobile game lol
Nobody thought that they were crazy for making mobile game since at the time pretty much everyone already jumped on the mobile bandwagon, Blizzard was probably the last big company that did that.

Everyone knew it's a move motivated by greed and the reason why it had such fan outcry was due fans at that moment still believed Blizzard was above that, that they are better than that.

abija

Prophet
And the main reason of the outcry: typical Blizzard release draught, teased big diablo announcement and they show a mobile d3 clone outsourced to some chinese company as main feature at Blizzcon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom