Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

None

Scholar
I can't decide what kind of build I will play in Diablo IV.

Essentially, I have three choices that I consider
  • Max offence
  • Max defence
  • Balanced offence-defence
What do you think?
Max offense only. Getting hit is a skill issue, so don't get hit.

abija

Prophet
The one thing I'll really applaud Diablo 4 for is it seems no matter how much is going on, it retains visual clarity.
How would you even know that. You saw some curated footage.

And speaking of curated trailers. Bets on pvp not being ready on launch or being some broken afterthought?

Generic-Giant-Spider

That whole corpse mechanic wouldn't be needed if they didn't use that shitty ragdoll stuff and returned to proper death animations.

Also would be nice if the skeletons didn't have that gay cyan color and just looked like skeletons.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Cuckle doodle dooooo!
6-China-folk-feng-shui-Brass-Chicken-rooster-cock-Drag-Money-coin-yuanbao-Statue.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
Replaying D2 recently and it reminded me how dirty I feel after playing Blizzard games: even decades ago they were focused on milking the shit out of players, back then mostly their time, but increasingly as much money as they can possibly squeeze out of you every moment, it's not a beneficial relationship they try to create with their games and their players. Compare that to Nox, it's purely a great time, whether you play single player or multiplayer.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

• Max offence
  • Max defence
What do you think?
You're going "Maximum cuck" no matter what

I think you're missing the joke here. He is parodying/mocking Diablo IV's horrible new itemization (hopefully).

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

racofer

Thread Incliner
Replaying D2 recently and it reminded me how dirty I feel after playing Blizzard games: even decades ago they were focused on milking the shit out of players, back then mostly their time, but increasingly as much money as they can possibly squeeze out of you every moment, it's not a beneficial relationship they try to create with their games and their players.
That's because Blizzard has never made any games. All they have ever made are addictions.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

• Max offence
  • Max defence
What do you think?
You're going "Maximum cuck" no matter what

I think you're missing the joke here. He is parodying/mocking Diablo IV's horrible new itemization (hopefully).
I fully expect the Codex to buy into this scam of a game.

Perkel

Arcane
If you only compare the campaigns of the two games together, the visual clarity won't be different. PoE starts suffering in that department once your build approaches clearspeed in the screens-per-second realm

Dude even if you play with 8 necros in D2 you still have more visual clarity than in POE without playing any necro. Simply put monster pack sizes are in completely different galaxy let alone place.

POE over the years completely ignored any tactics and design and just are shatting out more and more monsters packs because clearly 1click tower running whales love it. So if whales love it then chinese who owns them love it.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Except PoE just did a big overhaul of the rare monsters which requires you to make split second decisions multiple times per map when you encounter them. What tactical combat depth do D2/D3/D4 boast?

Besides, almost everybody who plays PoE loves pack size and clear speed. You're the one weirdo that doesn't. You also suck at PoE and have very limited insight into what actual tactical decisions in PoE are.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
POE over the years completely ignored any tactics and design and just are shatting out more and more monsters packs because clearly 1click tower running whales love it. So if whales love it then chinese who owns them love it.

PoE is all about quantity over quality

in all aspects

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom