Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Did any of you fags play Seasons of the wolf?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Same guy that did Loren the Amazon princess only this one i found a significantly better game (mostly because the added nightmare difficulty and for feeling less of a VN - although it's illusory, being completely and utterly linear with optional missions). It's animu and PC as fuck, but i don't really care.

The game is very sensible about limiting hp and mp. You can't drink potions outside of fights, unlimited grinding doesn't exist and money is limited (sorta, for the equipment you want and the potions you need), you can't free rest, and the rests you have (which you can't abandon dungeons for) move the time forward until the next story event.
I was surprised at how much i liked the difficulty of this game... then again i didn't take the healer class at the start, maybe it's much easier with it. Combat is grid-like, a bit like a disciples 2 with more abilities than a single attack or defend. I do recommend using the hardest difficulty. Well, maybe just hard. The last few bosses i tried are approaching 'impossibru' level.

Last edited:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It's a good challenge. It doesn't seem to have any intention to let up and make the game easier. Bosses are always hard (besides the first area). I'm not in love with certain characters - annoying - but it's easy to ignore... I should have probably toggled the explicit content off though, just a warning.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
His games are fated to have both sexes for the romances various combinations so i guess decided since he was doing all of the work of her/his substitution he might as well get a free npc out of it.

Actually, now that i think about it, this sounds familar, a dragon age i didn't play or something.

Last edited:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Unlimited guards in slavers town.
They aren't unlimited? They just refresh on story state changes. And besides at that point you're level 10-14 and just getting a single level out of them is only if you're lucky.

Reinhardt

Arcane
They are. At least, when you doing quest for one of the houses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom