Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Did Underrail predict the coronavirus?

Trashos

Arcane
There is a quest in Underrail called "Stealing the Shield Shipment for Gorsky". In this quest you are disguised, and you have to walk around a warehouse without passing too close by its personnel. If you pass too close, they recognize you and attack you.

Here is how it plays out (random let's play from youtube, but it demonstrates the point well, and I have timestamped it):

You might recognize that this is exactly how walking around outside feels nowadays. Random people move about and you try to find the optimal route to avoid getting too close to them.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
This book predicted Corona-chan:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/311864.Heroes_Die

Future dystopia state caused by viral epidemic. The virus spreads through direct contact so interaction by different social classes is forbidden by law. Rich people didn't want filthy peasants to infect them, kinda like how now upper class people are telling plebs to starve at home rather than risk getting them sick. This develops into a rigid caste structure that defines society long after the virus is defeated.

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
I like the cover of the book and the idea is interesting

there is a mutogen in DC called ovid

I find Death stranding hit it, you are a delivery guy and no one has direct contact with anybody but everyone is connected through the net that you are responsible to keep intact. I believe there are thousands of those films/books and games out there that fit the current situation since we build our views upon them, and only when it feels like a movie/game it feels real to us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom