Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disciples: Liberation - "a new beginning" for the series

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://disciples-game.com

ss_a3eff40a04e298af792d0294128549fbd072b1b0.1920x1080.jpg

Kalypso resurrects Disiples.

FEATURE LIST
• 80+ hour single-player campaign: experience a sprawling dark fantasy epic over three acts, with more than 270 quests and five unique endings to unlock

• Explore a war-torn realm: journey through a sprawling world in ruin and work to unearth its endless secrets, hidden treasures, and bloody past

• Write your own story: pick from four uniquely skilled classes and define your place in the world, recruiting others to your cause from an assortment of factions

Build a base:• take on quests for precious resources and use your political savvy to build a place of planning and sanctuary

• Fight for your life: recruit 50+ units and amass an army best suited to your play style; hone both steel and spell in intricate-turned based combat.

• Challenge deadly bosses: test your mettle and pit your party against horrific monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy

• Choice is everything: let your decisions guide your fate and directly influence what sort of leader you become

• Fight your friends: put forth the ultimate challenge and battle for supremacy in 2-player online skirmishes

ABOUT THIS GAME
Disciples: Liberation is a mature, dark fantasy strategy RPG with turn-based combat. Liberate the land of Nevendaar and uncover the endless stories hidden within this richly detailed world where every decision has a consequence, and every wrong move could be deadly.

Explore a rich overworld and align with a variety of in-world factions: from a human empire tinged by religious extremism to the dark forces of the undead lead by a mad queen. Assemble a team to gather precious resources, sway political standing, and take on brutal beasts in intricate turn-based battles.

Choice is everything in Disciples: Liberation and it is up to you how you write your story.

Last edited by a moderator:

ferratilis

Magister
It already looks too generic. And also it's Kalypso. After what they've done to Commandos 2 remaster, no one should care about anything they make/publish.

When it comes to Disciples, nothing can top the soundtrack of the first game. The only one that compares is Diablo.

Gargaune

Magister
Ladies and gentlemen, my shit/hype compass seems to be broken, what is the Codex-approved position on this thing?

On the one hand, Disciples 2 is what computers were invented for and one of the very few aesthetic milestones to maybe outclass Icewind Dale. Nevermind that its gameplay was digital nicotine. So, naturally, that swings the needle to "hype."

On the other, that trailer might just be the most generic thing I've seen all week and the couple of screenshots on the Steam page have about as much Disciples identity as World of Warcraft. Disciples 3 played like irredeemable shit, but even as it declined into 3D it managed to cling to some bits of its predecessor's style. Not seeing that here, needle pulling hard to "shit."

Will... Will there even be Undead Hordes?

:despair:

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
played like irredeemable shit, but even as it declined into 3D it managed to cling to some bits of its predecessor's style. Not seeing that here, needle pulling hard to "shit."

It's an RPG. Not playing like absolute garbage is optional.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The BDSM intro is something new.
I'm not quite optimistic but looking at the screens i thought it was real-time so TB is a nice surprise.
Then again, 50+ units in TB, i hope they play enemy units simultaneously or at least in groups like an improved version of ToEE system.

It'll probably be decent but i don't expect it to be the next HoMM 2.

Communist

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
On the one hand, Disciples 2 is what computers were invented for and one of the very few aesthetic milestones to maybe outclass Icewind Dale.
I sadly have to admit that the uniqueness of Disiples aesthetics died the moment the colorful and wonderful Warhammer games were released.
As for the hype ... Heck, Disiples's aesthetics have always been about hype. First we had anime, then Warhammer. That interesting music also came from the anime game. The plot was never interesting and the gameplay was too drawn out.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Ladies and gentlemen, my shit/hype compass seems to be broken, what is the Codex-approved position on this thing?
Let's see:

Kalypso as a publisher.
Some shovelware dev,
Mobile game-like screenshots that don't give the impression of "this is Disciples" at fecking all.

Hmmmmm... :philosoraptor:

Aarwolf

Learned
Oh please God no, why are they doing this. Disciples 2 was one of my favourites back in a day, Disciples 3 was disappointing but this...

I prefer to be alone.

This is a series I've never played but have always been interested in.

Is the first game a good place to start? Already saw praise for #2.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
-4 factions Elves, Dwarves, Humans and the Undead
odd. So they are not starting with standard demons instead of elves? Never liked them
Anything more about aesthetics? Will humans still be around inquisition?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Disciples 3 played like irredeemable shit

They rehauled the turd and released it as Disciples: Reincarnation. Shockingly they actually pulled it off and it's a p. good Disciples sequel. Speaking as a massive Disciples 2 junkie it scratched the itch.

This tho....looks like a Kingmaker me-too with a TB twist. Which means Codex gonna be riding this game like a giant robotic dildo. But my cosmic hype deflated like balloon as soon as I saw that gameplay screenshot.

Aarwolf

Learned

Both are brilliant, but the second one is more polished and accesible. Do not start with the Elf expansion (Gallean's Return if I remember correctly), just play through the main campaign. The first game is little rough around the edges, but you should give it a spin if you liked the second one.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Both are brilliant, but the second one is more polished and accesible. Do not start with the Elf expansion (Gallean's Return if I remember correctly), just play through the main campaign. The first game is little rough around the edges, but you should give it a spin if you liked the second one.

Eh...Sacred Lands was great when it came out but the sequel is vastly superior. It's like with Civilization - once Civ2 came out there was zero reason to play the OG.

Gargaune

Magister
They rehauled the turd and released it as Disciples: Reincarnation. Shockingly they actually pulled it off and it's a p. good Disciples sequel. Speaking as a massive Disciples 2 junkie it scratched the itch.
Pretty sure they'd already swapped Resurrection for Reincarnation when I tried it. All I remember was on-rails exploration, clunky and unbalanced combat (now with movement!) and an utterly broken progression curve. Ideas like emphasizing the RPG elements for leaders and allowing you to transfer in extras were cool, but the game sucked as both an RPG and a TBS. About the only thing I like was the overall art direction, still strong even if not quite up there with Disciples 2.

Edit: Oh shit, I just looked it up and the game went through three editions: Renaissance, Resurrection and Reincarnation. I don't recall whether it was Resurrection or Reincarnation I played, just that it wasn't Renaissance, maybe I'll see if my Surface can run it and give it another go.

Miner 2049er

Scholar
Like many, I was disappointed with Disciples 3 Renaissance. But years later they released Disciples 3 Reincarnation. Don't confuse it with Disciples 3 Resurrection. Resurrection was the stand-alone expansion. Reincarnation is the main game and the expansion in one, but with new mechanics and balancing. It can't touch Disciples 2, but it's a nice fantasy, 4X-light, strategy RPG and we don't have too many of them these days.

Aemar

Arcane
Garbage. It looks even worse than Disciples 3. The first two titles had a unique and aesthetically pleasing art style and presentation. This game has none of that.

hellbent

Augur
-offer romances from all factions
-4 factions Elves, Dwarves, Humans and the Undead

They're taking the chance that necrophilia in gaming is the next big thing, I guess.

Though, maybe they're just trying to get ahead of necrophiliacs posting screeds on Twitter about how the game isn't "inclusive enough".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom