Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Disciples: Liberation Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Disciples: Liberation; Frima Studio; Kalypso Media

Disciples: Liberation, the unexpected revival of the Disciples franchise from little-known developer Frima Studio, was released yesterday. The release trailer is focused on those aspects of the game that have been emphasized since it was announced back in February - choice and consequences, factions, all that stuff.

Disciples: Liberation has gotten a few reviews and its scores aren't even that bad. However, thanks to the demo that was released for Steam Next Fest earlier this month, they aren't too necessary. In contradiction to the serious tone of its trailers, our users found that the game contains some remarkably silly dialogue. Its gameplay does have some interesting aspects, although it's not the greatest either. If you want the professional reviews as well, here they are:

GameSpace 7.5/10
GameSpew 8/10
Player 2 B​

Disciples: Liberation is probably doomed to fall even flatter than King's Bounty II did, but if you are curious, the game is available on Steam for $40.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
E7VAXNr.png

Poseidon00

Arcane
It doesn't look bad, but it's not what I want at all from a Disciples game. How hard can it be to make a more difficult version of Disciples 2?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I am not giving Goolag my passport details just to watch a shitty promotional video. I suppose our News Bot has already done so and is not even seeing the issue.

Adenocaulon

Educated
Steam reviews are currently fine, in general people that liked the resemblance with King's Bounty games and were dissapointed by KB 2.

And a few complaints of buyers that do not liked that is more similar to KB than to previous Disciples. There is currently a problem with the localization, apparently in some Eastern Europe contries it is only available in russian and not in english.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Weird age restriction shit.

Ok... same trailer (more or less)different platform:

And 8 months ago:

A review:

Last edited:

Arthandas

Prophet
Who needs reviews? All you need to know is it was made by some no name studio which never made a strategy game before.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Can i play it as archangel, start from level 1 with one squire and kick the door to demon capital and burn and pillage it in the end? No? Then i don't care.

I don't know, it actually does not seem that bad. I never liked the old Disciple games that much anyway, so am not butthurt about the new design or whatever, there is a free Demo on steam so I will try it and see what it is like.

It sort of looks okay just looking at it and from the first reviews..glad there is a demo.

Gargaune

Magister
I am not giving Goolag my passport details just to watch a shitty promotional video.

What really pisses me off is that Gooshit already knows my age, my name and my address because they're the single most comprehensive surveillance operation on the planet.
"Electric Eye"
- Judas Priest, Screaming for Vengeance (1982)

Up here in space
I'm looking down on you
My lasers trace
Everything you do

You think you've private lives
Think nothing of the kind
There is no true escape
I'm watching all the time

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

I'm elected electric spy
I'm protected electric eye

Always in focus
You can't feel my stare
I zoom into you
But you don't know I'm there

I take a pride in probing all your secret moves
My tearless retina takes pictures that can prove

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

I'm elected electric spy

Electric eye, in the sky
Feel my stare, always there
There's nothing you can do about it
Develop and expose
I feed upon your every thought
And so my power grows

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

I'm elected electric spy
I'm elected electric spy
I'm elected protective, detective, Electric Eye!

Repressed Homosexual
I passed in front of the Frima Games studio building in Quebec very often through the years. I did today and they had a huge banner for Disciples Liberation.

I remember in years past that instead, the banners were for forgettable and average Steam and mobile games.

And suddenly they worked on a strategy game revival for a beloved franchise? And people trust them not to dumb it down and mess it up?

If you had seen those utterly forgettable games, you'd know there's no way they could succeed in making a great game with Disciples: Liberation.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Too bad they lost the unique art style.
Also too bad they sell a Deluxe Edition with... extra skill points?!?!?!
Oh well, at least they have Undercut StrongWoman to show how they aren't sexist at all by using a stereotype.

The gameplay really doesn't look terrible, though, so I guess this one is a wait-for-sale. And check the demo if I ever have time for that...

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Too bad they lost the unique art style.

Too bad? TOO BAD?

That's like saying "it's a teeny bit shame my asshole exploded in a cloud of bloody mist and shit splinters".

It's a fucking catastrophe. D2 and D3 were some of the most artistically accomplished and unique games ever made. It's p. much what put D2 on the map in the first place. Seeing this generic Unity garbage for the first time a few months ago was like a punch in the dick.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
D2 and D3 were some of the most artistically accomplished and unique games ever made. It's p. much what put D2 on the map in the first place.
That's true, but I play games for their gameplay, not their artstyle.
I'd definitely enjoy it more if it was unique, but looking generic won't usually prevent me from playing a game if the rest is convincing.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
D2 and D3 were some of the most artistically accomplished and unique games ever made. It's p. much what put D2 on the map in the first place.
That's true, but I play games for their gameplay, not their artstyle.

Sure, everyone does but art is a huge added value.

Consider this - Disciples 1 has a grate gameplay but looks like an octogenarian vagina. Maybe that's why most people today barely even realize there IS such a thing as Disciples 1.

Great art doesn't make the game better, just more enjoyable a WAY more memorable.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I passed in front of the Frima Games studio building in Quebec very often through the years. I did today and they had a huge banner for Disciples Liberation.

I remember in years past that instead, the banners were for forgettable and average Steam and mobile games.

And suddenly they worked on a strategy game revival for a beloved franchise? And people trust them not to dumb it down and mess it up?

If you had seen those utterly forgettable games, you'd know there's no way they could succeed in making a great game with Disciples: Liberation.

Disciples Liberation is another failure as Kings Bounty 2.

gaussgunner

Arcane
I'll admit the age-restricted youtube video caught my eye, but I can't be bothered to watch it and nothing else here really sells the game for me, so whatever.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
What's the difference between this and the Disciples 3 that was released practically yesterday? Did the same people really make a new one in that short span of time?
Is this a serious post? D3 was released over a decade ago an the differences between it and this game are very out there in the open for everyone to see.

Greek Anime God

Scholar
What's the difference between this and the Disciples 3 that was released practically yesterday? Did the same people really make a new one in that short span of time?
Disciples 3 was an HoMM V homage, this is like a smartphone shovelware reboot of the 2008 King's Bounty reboot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom