Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
RPGs are about combat and building your character. For combat.

Finally after all these years of hot debate, the elusive "What is an RPG?" question that has been answered.

felipepepe you should redo the Top Codex RPG and have God Hand in the options, since that is the best RPG ever.

EDIT: Also throw in Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry for fair competition.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Better RPGs than DE.
:shitposting:
You sound old. "wasting my time" or "it has to have combat, like I'm used to" sound like problems.

Young men see challenges. Old men see problems.

I don't want to antagonize you, but you seem to fall under the same category Roxor falls into, where he likes a certain way of doing things, and can't seem to be able to expand his circle. If I show Darth Roxor just half of the 30+ screenshots of the pure shit I've encountered in ELEX, his head would explode - what game do you have it for, Jasede? I'll play it (this is me taking up a challenge), just so I can rack up screenshots that would make your head explode. :P

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I really can't comprehend why is Goral on a literal crusade against this game. Literally every post praising the game/objecting his arguments, at least those that he can get to, are rated 'No'.

Because DE is a better CYOA than AoD (and more fun as well).

Also he has some mental issues. For real.

Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
It can be quite a shock coming from Obsidian games, it's like starving in a desert from eating your own feces, then trying to eat a humongous juicy steak. Try emptying your mind, play some game devoid of writing as a palate cleanser (see whatever Roxxor is playing if you can't find anything). Think of DE as a unique foreign feast served in an obscure hole in a wall type of restaurant, let them just serve you, don't try to add McDonald's to it.

Ohhh fuck off. Lol.

Mortmal

Arcane
I really can't comprehend why is Goral on a literal crusade against this game. Literally every post praising the game/objecting his arguments, at least those that he can get to, are rated 'No'.

It's indeed clearly superior to AOD, but no point spiting on things we liked, AOD was a welcome sight during the RPG draught. A bit disappointing to me i was expecting more from it, maybe too much from an indie team .

Citizen

It's indeed clearly superior to AOD, but no point spiting on things we liked, AOD was a welcome sight during the RPG draught. A bit disappointing to me i was expecting more from it, maybe too much from an indie team .

AoD has a cool combat tho, which makes game enjoyable even if you don't like CYOA

Black Angel

Arcane
Play it with int 1, and you'll still breeze past the case and put all of the clues together. Play it with motorics of 6, and you'll still get shot, even if you autistically plan your whole build around 'combat'. My build functioned in a way that went against what the stat system dictated. Throw in the probabilistic way of resolving each encounter and what you get is a chaotic sludge of dialogue and outcomes that feels unbridled. I finished the game and had no idea what role I played, because it certainly wasn't the one on my chargen screen.
I already agree with you that at some point in the story all the freedom is thrown out of the window that you'll still get shot no matter if you have 1 or 15 Reaction Speed. But, again, it doesn't mean that the system misled you or is misleading at all. The fault lies not in the system (in fact, the system is perfectly fine. Apex, in fact), but rather how the devs handled and executed the content partway through.

And if you actually read the rest of my post, you would've known I mentioned it to you that you don't 'breeze' through the case with 1 INT, because (for example) you don't get to establish the victim's identity with your big brain and had to rely on witnesses account on that. Fuck, I'm playing Sensitive char with 1 in Drama and the skill didn't even show up (even when called out by Volition :lol:) to chime in during conversation with Disco Lady, whereas previously my Thinker char with 7/8 Drama screamed the whole time and let me push her over the edge with no effort. And hell, you don't 'put all of the clues together' *by yourself*, did you conveniently forgot Kim was there all the time to cover the holes left by your weaker stats and skills?

And what does 'build function in a way that went against what the stat system dictated' even mean? Isn't this a problem with your expectation of the system, instead of the system itself?
I can't get the protorave out of my head aaaaaaaaaaa
HARD CORE Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaag
Is it, tho?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I felt many thing for AoD but love was not one of them.

Duraframe300

Arcane
BTW: jeuxvideo gave Disco Elysium around 3 awards and had it nominated in most categories.

They gave GOTY to Death Stranding though.

If it wasn't posted already.

Lexxx20

Learned
Oh yeah, we're winning PC exclusive now! Let's not stop till the end of the poll, spread the information!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom