Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
You got any more of that Final Cut?

Here u go, bröther

728EjfL.png

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I really hope there is some sort of fast travel method in the Final Cut. Running back and forth between the church and the cafeteria locations was a bit tiresome after a while...
Don't go crazy on us. Walking around makes up 90% of the game's difficulty.

Red Hexapus

Learned
Ok, seeing the reaction here i'm genuinely intrigued, so I'll honestly ask: why would that be such an issue to have an option to travel to say three spots (eg. village/cafeteria/church)? The only reasons I can think of is that the game would be shorter without all that running and that detective Cousteau definitely needs some cardio after his hard reset. (and maybe it would be problematic for the Tribunal scene).

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Ok, seeing the reaction here i'm genuinely intrigued, so I'll honestly ask: why would that be such an issue to have an option to travel to say three spots (eg. village/cafeteria/church)? The only reasons I can think of is that the game would be shorter without all that running and that detective Cousteau definitely needs some cardio after his hard reset. (and maybe it would be problematic for the Tribunal scene).

Because running is good for you.

I mean, come on, the whole game is like 4 Baldur's Gate's screens combined and you need fucking fast travel?

Harthwain

Magister
I mean, come on, the whole game is like 4 Baldur's Gate's screens combined and you need fucking fast travel?
I am not going to lie: early on it's not a problem, because you discover the world and interact with stuff and you don't have to cover a large area, but at some point - when I was walking from one end of the map to the other - I wished I could use some sort of speed up button, because it takes a noticeable amount of time for your team to walk from the church to the Whirling-In-Rags. Enough for it to be a bother.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I am not going to lie: early on it's not a problem, because you discover the world and interact with stuff and you don't have to cover a large area, but at some point - when I was walking from one end of the map to the other - I wished I could use some sort of speed up button, because it takes a noticeable amount of time for your team to walk from the church to the Whirling-In-Rags. Enough for it to be a bother.

eh, kids these days

Larianshill

Arbiter
Although I'm pretty sure that won't happen, what I want from the final cut is more options. More options to deal with the Racist Lorry Driver, more options to deal with Titus than just Authority and then Rhetoric, maybe an option to meet Klaasje before interrogating Titus, another way to find Ruby, maybe even the option to just sit out the Tribunal, or help the mercenaries as Harry can threaten to do. Upon replaying this game, I was so disappointed how utterly linear it was.

Polyphemus

Educated
The game is so tiny that fast travel options would just be jarring and immersion-breaking. You just have to walk a few screens over.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/632470/view/4929725629735214513

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - Release Date!

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut will be available on March 30th.

We are extremely pleased to announce that the release date for Disco Elysium - The Final Cut is March 30th, 2021. That’s right, it’s almost time for the show, people. Let the countdown begin!

If you already own Disco Elysium then The Final Cut will be available to you as a free upgrade. Those who purchase the game after The Final Cut goes live will get to experience it all from their first playthrough at no extra cost.

So, where does this announcement leave us? Well, it means there are now only 13 days left until you can play the new and wonderful experience we’ve been working hard on for you all. We’ve talked about a few of the features that we’re adding but there are plenty more we haven’t even mentioned…

We won’t spoil them here, but let’s just say one new feature might have you reconsider if teleportation really is possible. On a less mysterious note, we want to give a shout out to our animator, Eduardo Rubio, who has added a ton of new animations for you all to enjoy. As we’ve said before, we also have full English voiceover, new political vision quests, and new characters for you to meet.

We know the community is eager to play Disco Elysium - The Final Cut and want to thank you all for your patience as we put it all together. It’s proven a hell of a beast to box up and get into shape, but we’re so proud of how it’s all come together and can’t wait for you to love it.

162f52ac1364faa60d4a8bde6a7d7955a96ce2e9.png

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut is the definitive edition of the groundbreaking role playing game.
Pursue your political dreams in new vision quests, meet and question more of the city's locals, and explore a whole extra area. Also enjoy full voice-acting, controller support, and expanded language options.

Get even more out of this award-winning open world.
You're a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders, or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.

THE FINAL CUT AT A GLANCE:
  • Free upgrade for all players
  • New Political Vision Quests
  • New Characters
  • New Clothes
  • New Cutscenes
  • Full English Voice Over
  • Full Controller Support
  • + more!
b0aea4c003a9e6e118746cb1cc28f3d51b199711.jpg

COLLECTOR'S EDITION
Take your investigation further with the Disco Elysium Collector's Edition. Dive into the minds behind the game as you reach into the unfolding box to discover new cognitive artefacts: a fabric map of Martinaise, the official Disco Elysium art book, a high-quality 'Mind Totem', and a physical copy of the game brought to you in partnership with iam8bit.

BUY THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION

2436eb1298c78b5b7bf3d384edb2e4d6c257dd48.png

VINYL SOUNDTRACK
The full Disco Elysium soundtrack by British Sea Power is available in vinyl with two different box designs. The first is a standard vinyl box design while the second is an origami design that unfolds to reveal a larger illustration. Both feature cover art by Anton Vill.

BUY THE VINYL SOUNDTRACK

4415fd0ef1788a308a0e0c8fda694ee514a3e7af.png

MERCH SHOP
We have a wide range of branded clothing, bags, masks, pins, and much more.

VISIT OUR MERCH SHOP

a25ecda97ea748bfa2bd46f38db6eb703deb277c.jpg

DISPLATE
Visit our Displate store where you can buy one-of-a-kind official Disco Elysium metal posters. Check out the wide range of Disco Elysium designs available here!

Last edited:

prengle

Savant
Nonono Discochads... Stop repeatedly kicking me in my testicles noooooooooooo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom