Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
You should make your ANTAGONIST the preggo woman. That way your final choice could be to kill the evil bitch but also take an innocent life, or let her live knowing she'll keep doing evil shit.
I think TLOUptII milked the shiiiit out of that one :?

A binary choice like that doesn’t sound comprehensive enough and definitely not very interesting.

Harthwain

Magister
I think the meme is that something that's usually used for short-form communication has enabled people to participate in playing a game that's basically all about reading text for hours on end.
There is text and there is text. Not all is as fun to read as Disco Elysium.
True, but you can have great text and an awful way of delivering it. In order to make people keep reading, the act of reading itself must feel seamless.

Kasparov, did I correctly read that you were considering having a pregnant woman as the protagonist in your next game, or was I just drunk and imagined it? If so, how is that going to work? Sounds like an idea that could be either great or pretty damn awful.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/03/disco-elysium-sequel/

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have every confidence in ZA/UM finding its own pregnant woman to milk!

BTW, speaking of UI, I have a skill point right now, but my Unlock button on the thought cabinet is disabled. I don't understand why. I'm on hardcore mode, but I don't think this could somehow be the reason, right?

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
I have every confidence in ZA/UM finding its own pregnant woman to milk!

BTW, speaking of UI, I have a skill point right now, but my Unlock button on the thought cabinet is disabled. I don't understand why. I'm on hardcore mode, but I don't think this could somehow be the reason, right?
I’d suggest reporting the bug. I’m a lowly artist what do I know of debugging :oops:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You never know!
hmmm the sequel will be 5 years later and about how kuno got fucked in the ass by female kuno and then got pregnant with magical nothing kid. And the game will be about two ghost hunting detective going after them and the mysterious occurrences around them.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Hey, thanks for the heads up :cool:

Kasparov, did I correctly read that you were considering having a pregnant woman as the protagonist in your next game, or was I just drunk and imagined it? If so, how is that going to work? Sounds like an idea that could be either great or pretty damn awful.
Especially taking drugs.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I tried to kill myself by reading the letter in the ledger alone in my room, in 2:00 AM. Turns out I still pass out and still am revived in Kim's car, with Kim giving me water. The time is still 2:00 AM. I thought if there was no one around me I would just die.

KVVRR

Learned
I tried to kill myself by reading the letter in the ledger alone in my room, in 2:00 AM. Turns out I still pass out and still am revived in Kim's car, with Kim giving me water. The time is still 2:00 AM. I thought if there was no one around me I would just die.
I'm pretty sure Kim always wakes you up after reading the letter. I readed it in the cryptofacist's house where nobody should realistically know I passed out (other than Evrart's goons, maybe?) and still woke up to Kim giving me water and saying he heard about an officer down in the radio and knew it was Harry.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I just got my first Real for shilling libertarianism. Game is genius. You get paid for shilling libertarian truisms, just like the folks in those countless think-tanks who pretend to be economists or deal in science. The irony of the game giving you money is just glorious :lol:

oscar

Arcane
Dive in and have fun. The less you know the better really as the game is not especially difficult (though you may get better or worse endings depending on your choices and build).

Komori

Novice

Drama [Trivial: Success] I see you have a hard time, turmoil of ideologies makes your own convictions shaky. Wouldn't this game better be named — Schizo Elysium? https://youtu.be/QHfZ8aH2fOY?t=115

Logic [Challenging: Success] Getting shitfaced might not be a such bad practice after all, i guess?

Anything need to know before diving in?

In agreement with poster above, plenty of helpful tips are told by the game itself. To name some of it — loading screen texts

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I usually avoid 3D Unity engine games like the plague, but 200 pages of discussion convinced me to get it on sale last week. Anything need to know before diving in?
Make sure, at some point, to acquire and read the guide to cockatoos found in the local bookstore.

INxK6ky.jpg

KVVRR

Learned
Electrochemistry can chime in and finish it off with a "What a load of shit!" if you have him high enough.

I usually avoid 3D Unity engine games like the plague, but 200 pages of discussion convinced me to get it on sale last week. Anything need to know before diving in?
It's all fun and games until someone makes a phone call.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Electrochemistry can chime in and finish it off with a "What a load of shit!" if you have him high enough.

It's all fun and games until someone makes a phone call.

Yeah, that fucking phone call elevates everything on the big tradegy level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom