Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Got bored and left

Well I just got across the river fairly late on Day 3, and...
I got my oil.
..and I found the car.
Oh, Harry.

Harry, Harry, Harry.

:negative:
vzZlpy8.png

Yep, that's a gut-wrencher. Luckily, Lt Kitsuragi was the broest bro about this to me :salute:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Kim is the broest of bros. It's hard to do a total failure playthough because I don't want to disappoint him :negative:
From the moment I saw him on the ground floor of the hotel he was emanating that "understanding friend" aura. Even by his portrait you can tell he is intended to be your conscience and guardian angel.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
By the way did it die in your game?

The old hardcore soldier dude that is on Prime Junta 's avatar. It was the saddest moment of the game :(.

Yes. When that happened, I was already in a somewhat melancholic mood from the fisher village, and then this...

One of the game's many well-executed emotional hits.
I am curious if it is a C&C or it happens anyway.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got my oil.
..and I found the car.
Oh, Harry.

Harry, Harry, Harry.

vzZlpy8.png

Yep, that's a gut-wrencher. Luckily, Lt Kitsuragi was the broest bro about this to me :salute:

I kept thinking the car would have something to do with the murder mystery, another clue, a getaway ride for the culprit... and I only realized the truth at the same moment as Harry did. Fuck.

Curratum

Steam is hellbent on forever showing me Felipepepe's review of the game on the store's main page.

nMHziXg.jpg

I don't even have him as a friend and his is not the top helpful review on the store page of the game.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I got my oil.
..and I found the car.
Oh, Harry.

Harry, Harry, Harry.

vzZlpy8.png

I kept thinking the car would have something to do with the murder mystery, another clue, a getaway ride for the culprit... and I only realized the truth at the same moment as Harry did. Fuck.
Yeah, I
didn't even suspect it a little bit until the second Kim said something about "41". I buried by face in the palms of my hands and whined "Oh no" in a way that managed to worry my gf that something was actually wrong.

Completely blind-sided me, and in hindsight I have no idea how that was done, because everything fits Harry's M.O., so of course it was him. The writer of the quest/associated dialogues is either really lucky or a fucking genius, because it's almost impressive to manage to not drop a single hint prior. Again, in hindsight it's obvious - Kim had a car, and neither of us come from Martinaise, our precincts are both adjacent. Of course Harry had a car, and even a stray question of "Hey, where's your car" from the bartender or Kim would've revealed it, but at the same time, it's not something that is obviously missing as a hint.

Just.. goddammit Harry. And then there's Kim being a fucking bro, having seen the "41" since you found the car, and probably asking himself why you didn't have one from the beginning.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
From the moment I saw him on the ground floor of the hotel he was emanating that "understanding friend" aura. Even by his portrait you can tell he is intended to be your conscience and guardian angel.

I mean, ZA/UM is not exactly laying it on thin, what with the literal halo and stuff. I think it's pretty common in eastern ecclesiastical paintings and decorations to present a halo as a nimbus of light rather than a golden circle.

kim.png

At first I was afraid that he's going to be a bit more of an ass about trying to straighten you out, but no. Thank God.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I'd be genuinely interested in a game where you'd play as a truly fucked-up Cuno, because boyo that kid does not have a good future ahead of him
Not always.

If you fail somewhat hard in the game, but do his quest, you can make him join precinct 41.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

I kept thinking [redacted] would have something to do with the murder mystery, another clue, [redacted] for the culprit... and I only realized the truth at the same moment as Harry did. Fuck.

Both of you have to be exceptionally lucky or then you didn't pay attention (or failed a LOT of checks).

They throw hints about this from day 1, starting with why the BARTENDER is angry at you when he tells you how to get to the corpse...

I had that horrible moment much earlier, examining Kim's car and you get the vision...

Got bored and left

I kept thinking [redacted] would have something to do with the murder mystery, another clue, [redacted] for the culprit... and I only realized the truth at the same moment as Harry did. Fuck.

Both of you have to be exceptionally lucky or then you didn't pay attention (or failed a LOT of checks).

They throw hints about this from day 1, starting with why the BARTENDER is angry to you when he tells you how to get the corpse...

I had that horrible moment much earlier, examining Kim's car and you get the vision...

It's not so much that I didn't see it coming (I did), but it was just a really shocking moment for poor ol' Harry, yet another shovelful of shit thrown onto an already disgustingly impressive pile. I feel for the guy, what can I say.

Prime Junta

Yeah, knowing it is coming probably makes it worse.

Doubtful. I saw it coming and I'm pretty sure that cushioned the blow a fair bit. If I hadn't it would've been really nasty, this peaceful bro moment with Kim ended with a gut punch (and an even bro-er moment ofc).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

They throw hints about this from day 1, starting with why the BARTENDER is angry at you when he tells you how to get to the corpse...

Thing is, I managed to succeed at all the visual calculus checks
to find out what's up with those wheel tracks on the ground, close to the murder scene. The broken down advertisement plaque in the river. Even managed to narrow down the type of car that did this to two possibilities: one commonly used by public servicemen, deliverymen, and yes policemen too... or an unusual and rare model. I suspected the rare model because my mind was already made up about this being connected to the crime scene. Suspect's getaway ride and all that. Up until the moment I waited for the tide to recede, I genuinely thought this would be a hint towards the crime investigation.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It is extremely cool skill with its visual effects but surprisingly, it doesn't affect game progression that much and is fairly optional.
Logic is a better skill I think.

vota DC

Augur
It is extremely cool skill with its visual effects but surprisingly, it doesn't affect game progression that much and is fairly optional.

When you begin the game you use visual calculus for your car quest, then for the footprints that help you to break hardies.
When inspecting the body it helps to reduce the shooting requirements. Also you can guess the guy Age.
Then you use visual calculus at the end.
I think visual calculus is far more useful than Logic in main quest.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I like VC a lot if only because of how dialogues with it are written. In the sea of nippiness and turpism, an occasional, respectful, matter-of-fact conversation reads like a breath of fresh air.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Any patches out yet that fix bugs? Any patches yet that remove censoring?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom